JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

You Saw My Blinker

Guest Prince
No that would be pretty stupid for him to begin cursing in his rhymes, asides from what his grandmother told him, he has a family image and he said that he likes making music that mothers can feel comfortable with their children listening to... Will doesn't curse in his rhymes, that was a one-off

I c..This is the Question that I've always wanted to ask...it might be stupid but.......
So Will didn't wanna do wut his grand-ma said just to be funny???
...I used to think if the story wasn't true, then Will wouldn't curse..So i thought that Will did it out of anger...

peace

i think the funniest thing about this song is that Will is acting tough but he isnt. Most hardcore rappers would say they shot some1 or are selling drugs but Will says he had a fight with an old woman lol.

Its just so unlike Will that its hilarious, every time he says B**** it makes me laugh coz its like it doesnt belong in the song. I think the whole song is just a lot of fun, i dunno y he chose to swear in it, but sometimes u could get away with a lot more a few years ago. Like in that Live show and Will says "all the homeboys that got aids be quite", he couldnt say that now but he got away with it then. So long as he doesnt get a parental guidance sticker on his CD, i think its fine.

Guest Prince
WildChild don't take it so seriously man... You listen to D12 and things so it isn't asif you aren't used to it... I think people are taking this whole thing out of proportion. :dunno:

[quote=Jazzy Julie,Jul 9 2004, 05:01 PM]Like in that Live show and Will says "all the homeboys that got aids be quite"[/quote]
I don't think he said that!! I think it was "All the homeboys that got A's be quiet"

A's as in grades at school!

Wild Child...i don't understand how u are so confused. Here it is in the simplest explanation i can come up with.

JJ+FP is known for respectable rhymes without heavy cussing. That stems from FP's grandmother telling him that intellegent people didn't need 2 use those kinda words 2 get their point across. When Homebase came around, JJ+FP waz regrouping and hardcore rap and gangsta rap really started getting big. As a joke, Will wrote this song. He pumps up his attitude and comes off kinda hard about this story that is just stupid and funny (who calls a little old lady that word?!?). It's kinda like him poking fun at the phoney stories u hear in gangsta rap...but his is just rediculous. He wazn't trying 2 be hard, he wazn't trying 2 scare old ladies around the country, he waz just making a funny story-telling song 4 the fans. My friend's grandmother thought this song waz hilarious when we made her listen 2 it 10 years ago.