JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MASE IS BACK

I just saw the music video for "Welcome Back" by Mase. Of course i used 2 hate this cat and think he waz the wackest of all rappers back in the mid/late 90's. However, with the rappers who have controlled the top of the charts in 2000's, i'm even welcoming him back. His lifestyle change, which seems 2 have effected his music lyrically and when it comes 2 subject matter is the main reason i'm glad 2 see him back. Just 2 know he's not gonna be cussing and talking about living the Playboy life style the way he used 2 just sounds kinda fresh 2 me.

I was surprised 2 see him on Bad Boy and with Puffy in the video...but i'm not really mad at that either as long as Puffy dosen't put a bunch of Bad Boy artists on his album or try 2 make it like his past albums. His flow sounds the same, and the music video features all of the same bad dance moves he's always done...but it's actually kinda refreshing.

I'll give the album a listen when it comes out and if it's decent, i'll pick this one up. Ja, Luda, Chingy, D12, 50 + G-A-Y Unit and all them other guys can do what they want, but i'll back Mase this time around.

Mase style's still corny, it doesn't matter if he curses or not, it's cool that he's talking about God, but I think that he should give up rapping, just my opinion! :werd:

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying i look at Mase the way i look at De La, KRS, and so on. I'm just talking about the commercial rappers out there, Mase is bringing a different vibe from everyone else. I'm so frustrated with the trash 50, Ja, Luda, D12, Chingy, and Jay-Z are bringing...i just hate it with a passion. Mase isn't tryna be hard, treatening, or worshiping stupid stuff like money and jewelry.

It's funny how the commercial scene can suck so bad that i welcome back somebody that i disliked so much. Someone tell these cats that money, jewelry, hoes, drugs are all poison and that putting them in their music is just childish and stupid. Somebody tell them that it's cool 2 smile and be yourself in music...those pansys are so phoney that their friends and family are probably laffing at them cuz they know they aren't what they try 2 be in music videos.

Yeah, the cheezy bit with Puffy in the video just reminded me of the terribly cheezy skits in the "Mo Money Mo Problems" video. Sometimes cheezy is okay tho.' I'm glad u see what i mean tho'...it's fun stuff...not the depressing phoney crap dominating the charts now.

There is a difference between rap artists who are mindless, uncreative fools who make music just 2 make money, get fame, and get STDs from the nasty ho's that go 2 their trashy shows AND Hip-Hop musicians who make music cuz they love it and happen 2 get fame and success thru' it.

In other words, look at it this way...FP makes music cuz he loves it, and while it wazn't accepted so well, he took some risks by experimenting with Born To Reign. Then look at Ja-Rule...he dosen't have a talented bone in his body and dosen't care about being creative or a real artists...he just cares about getting money, slutty young girls, and a famous status. Let's just say there are some Fresh Princes in this world...but there is alot more Ja-Rules.

p.s. U sure it's not G-ay Unit?!?

Guest lambertj3
i love will, and am not very found of ja-rule i just say if you like a certain artist thats cool just don't go bashing other artist that other people like cause you don't like them evrybody likes diffwerent people lets be respectful of that you can say what you don't like about a certain artist without bashing them oh yeah thats g-unit.

Actually he can speak pretty freely. Lil ruff, but free. Well, looks like Ja needs the money. He's comin wit a double disc, supposedly and 3 movies. (btw, Tatyana is in one. She';s his girlfriend in the movie.)

People really need 2 star paying attention 2 artists. If not, so many years from now, people will hear somethin, and be like "When was this?" U know, "our" word of mouf can be just as powerful.

AJ: Actually, it's G, G, G, G... G-A-Y Unit.

People have the right to be critical of artists they like or don't like. It's nothing personal against 50 Cent. It's just that his flow is pathetic and his lyrical content is pretty much that of raw sewage. 50 Cent is about as creative with his music as BET is with its programming.

I don't like Mase either nor do I like his new song, Welcome Back. The song would have been hot... if it came out 7-8 years ago. It sounds kinda wack and the video is any better. I applaud him for not talking about women, drinking and sex but the fact remains that he can't rap. His flow is annoying. The very fact that he's back with Bad Boy lets me know that he won't keep this "clean" act up forever.

Guest Prince
Sorry to go slightly off topic, but lambertj3 must have got the point by now what you guys think of his musical taste so do you have to pursue it further? :dunno:

I agree with pretty much everything u said TopDawg. I guess i'm just happy 2 hear something new. However, i do have faith that Mase will keep his new outlook on music more postive and tastefull. Only time will tell tho.'

Prince, i'm not dissing lambert at all...when i talk down on music i don't like, it's cuz i think they trash....not 2 insult somebody who dose like them. If that waz the case, i'd take alot of things personal cuz there's definitly some people here who don't like half of the stuff i listen 2.

I also have seen the new Mase video and hear the song I do like it. Its cool wth me and I didnt have a problem with him before. I guess I dont take the music of some artsits personally. I do Welcome him back. And I would say its G G G G-Unit. So now some can talk some more trash. Haha! It gives me something to read.