JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter is dead in the water

Hero1

Its all Wills fault, he was the one who told that he will focus more on music the next 8 month. and what happened? NOTHIN! he had to shoot his movies again...

JJFP Rock The House

Blame society that ignored him when he was out there promoting it, he was out there promoting it for oever 4 months and hardly anybody bought it, I don't think no rapper spends that much time promoting their album if it doesn't sell that much, I blame the people that slept on it, if the album sold more there would've been more videos, more promotion!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Lost + Found is dead...and i wouldn't call it a flop either. I do believe we need 2 be the people promoting it tho.' Interscope isn't doing anything, FP isn't either. So it's up 2 us. The album isn't done..but "PS" did nothing.

I'm not surprised that Party Starter crashed and burned. We are living in a time where positivity is actually a negative. I don't think it's Will's fault. He spent from February to June promoting Lost & Found. He can't make DJs play his songs. He can't make BET & MTV play his videos. These are things that are out of his hands. It's all about a rap industry that is basically blackballing artists don't play to the status quo. Sure, you'll get a Kayne West to slip through the cracks but do you really think he would be getting shine if he wasn't on Rocafella?

As much shine as Common got for BE, he still hasn't surpassed 1 million sold. I don't even think he's outsold Will who got absolutely no promotion.

Lost & Found is not a flop. It may be to some people because he didn't sell over a million but that's not the case. With no promotion from Interscope, no help from the industry and no spins from radio, it still sold over 600,000. Lost & Found went gold with no help. It sounds like a success to me considering all the hate the industry is giving Will.

Will can record as long as he wants to. I think he should just bypass the industry totally and go independent. He might want to even think about releasing albums digitally from now on. Forget the stores, the DJs, the industry, MTV, BET!

Rap is dead... and Corporate America and rappers' own greed killed it.

Time for Will to go indie! Seriously: he's got the dough for that.

On another note, I was doing a short project outside for my Geography class, and some big ol' looking like 50 Cent jockin' dude (he was Black too, in case you're wondering; I'm not trying to offend anyone by stating this) but he was trying to pick up on a late 20s-something mother-of-two that was in my group (he failed miserably) and I noticed he was carrying around the "Lost and Found" cd. Thought that was interesting, nonetheless.

every1 that is complaining about promotion, where were u last night when me, angel and ONE person from ws.com was trying t o get it on trl. PS didnt get onto trl bcoz we can only get about 200 votes with 3 people. U can complain but your not willing to try. You've given up before its barely started. In the uk the ps video is still an exclusive that means they havnt even properly released the video yet, and its getting the same airplay as switch. Switch did 5 months on the chart, only 1 song this year beat that.

You all wanted ps to fail before it came out. Well your not invited to the "ps hits uk top 10 party" lol. :1-say-yes:

every1 that is complaining about promotion, where were u last night when me, angel and ONE person from ws.com was trying t o get it on trl. PS didnt get onto trl bcoz we can only get about 200 votes with 3 people. U can complain but your not willing to try. You've given up before its barely started. In the uk the ps video is still an exclusive that means they havnt even properly released the video yet, and its getting the same airplay as switch. Switch did 5 months on the chart, only 1 song this year beat that.

You all wanted ps to fail before it came out. Well your not invited to the "ps hits uk top 10 party" lol. :1-say-yes:

Julie, most peeps on this board didn't even know about last night (including me)! Besides, we have all voted with that program! I've voted more then 1000 times with that program and look what happend...they took it off the voting list! I'm voting manually now...but I doubt that is helping! :shrug:

Julie, most peeps on this board didn't even know about last night (including me)! Besides, we have all voted with that program! I've voted more then 1000 times with that program and look what happend...they took it off the voting list! I'm voting manually now...but I doubt that is helping! :shrug:

well a day before we did it i wrote about it in the vote for will on trl post, then i put a message in the shoutout box a day before then again an hour before. Im sure more than one person saw those messages.

and we cant use the programme anymore anyway, ps has been taken off trl's list, so we have to type in manually. But who knows if voting throughout the day works, it might just be an hour before.

whats the point now anyway, nobody cares about that anymore, once one person gave up every1 followed like sheep and gave up too. :shakehead: I cant do it alone.

• Members

maybe someone can explane it to me :

since 2002 there is less and less good music. pop lost it, hip hop lost it and rock lost it..sometimes there IS a good song but music channels and radio station don't wanna play it! and people all around you like this sh** music and forget how GOOD was music a few years ago..i really can't understand it!!!

i don't think it's will's falt in any way and in my heart i believe he is here reading our comments and happy that he has fans like us!

Well that's why I don't listen to radio, basically everyone I like ain't popular, sometimes I wonder if it's just me that doesn't like what's getting airplay but I go on hip-hop forums like here and see I ain't the only one that feels this way, lol, I wanna see Will do well to change that but that seems like a pipedream so I ain't worrying about it, all we could do is support as much as we can but if it doesn't happen at least we tried, I'm still voting whenever I get a moment to.