JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Jazzy Jeff & KFC

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=Hero1,Jun 29 2004, 09:00 PM][quote=3cookies,Jun 29 2004, 08:45 PM] [font="Arial"][color=blue]LOL yea...that will be perfect anyway, because everytime I think of KFC, i think of Jazzy Jeff in that one scene on the FPOBA in the trunk of the car...haha

I hope something positive comes out of it...

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font][/quote]
:kekeke: :kekeke: it just clicked..maybe "jazz" will show up in a commercial..with uncle phil throwin him outta the kfc :kekeke: [/quote]
I can still see that happening haha! damn KFC do it!!! hahaha!

[font="Arial"][color=blue]i dunno if all of that stuff being said a bout KFC is a bunch of crock...but here's a pic of a chicken head that was found in a woman's mcdonald's chicken nuggets...

my daughter showed me this last school year...i think the woman won an out of court lawsuit for like...$100,000 dollars? >...so watch out 4 McDonalds' chicken nuggets too lol

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]
[img]http://www.eldtrain.com.au/members/humour/chicken.jpg[/img] Edited by 3cookies

[font="Arial"][color=blue]Here's the story...
supposedly story...that is...

On the night of November 27, Katharine Ortega bought a box of fried chicken wings at a local McDonald's restaurant and took it home to her family. While dishing it up to feed her children, Ortega noticed that one of the pieces looked, well ... funny. Examining it more closely, she saw it had eyes and a beak. She screamed. It wasn't a wing at all, she realized; it was a chicken's head, battered, fried and fully intact.

That sounds like an urban legend, sure enough, which is why some people have expressed skepticism. The story has earned column inches across the U.S., even finding its way into the esteemed Washington Post, but who trusts the media to give us the facts anymore?

Plus, parts of the story beg for further explanation. Why did Ortega go straight to a local TV station with her find, yet refuse to allow the owner of the accused restaurant to examine it? How did a chicken head find its way into box of wings in the first place?

"I've never heard of anything like it," a U.S.D.A. officer admitted to the Daily Press. But he was also quick to say he's not disputing Ortega's claims.

From a poultry processing standpoint, there are two reasons why the incident is rather unlikely. One, the very first step of the process — even before de-feathering — is beheading. And the heads are always discarded. Two, the presence of unwanted parts ought to have been detected during further steps in the processing: evisceration, which requires the participation of a human operator, and the bird-by-bird inspection supposedly conducted by an on-site U.S.D.A. employee.

If the story is true, one obvious explanation is pranksterism, a possibility investigators have so far neither accepted nor rejected.

About Poll
Would you file a lawsuit if you found a chicken head in your box of fried wings?
Yes.
No.
Not sure.

Current Results

Meanwhile, Ortega's story is undergoing a certain kind of processing of its own as it grinds its way through the rumor mill to become an urban legend. As often as not, legends are inspired by real-life incidents, though they typically depart from the facts as the story is told and retold and take on a folkloric life of their own. Once upon a time, this was a slow, word-of-mouth process, but in the Internet age it can happen overnight. One of the emails now circulating with attached photos of the Newport News chicken head falsely claims: "This was found by a woman in her Chicken Nuggets in Portland, Oregon."

Whether true, false or in-between, Ortega's story has the makings of a classic urban legend. Folklorist Gary Alan Fine, who has probably written more about the strikingly similar [b]"Kentucky Fried Rat" [/b]legend than anyone else, observes that the victims in food contamination stories such as this are always female. Why? Because at bottom they're cautionary tales about the horrors that will supposedly result when women forsake traditional duties such as preparing family meals. The discovery of a rat, chicken head or what-have-you in a container of fast food, says Fine, is punishment, in effect, for exposing one's family to the ravages of "amoral, profit-making corporations."

This moral was apparently not lost on Katharine Ortega. Speaking to reporters after the incident, she expressed chagrin that her five-year-old could have bitten into the chicken head, had she not found it first. As if on cue, she vowed: "I will probably cook at home from now on." [/color][/font]

[font="Arial"][color=blue]I dunno weather or not any of this is true or just rumored..but...i was just sharing the info, since we are on th subject of eating fast foods...and that part about KFC deep fried rat...whatta yall think about that?

ugh...i was just eating some breaded mozzarella cheese sticks...talk about a lost appetite...lol TRUE OR NOT!!! lol

peace,
3cookies [/color][/font]

Fast food is just nasty. If i had the time and money, i'd never eat it....it's awful 4 u anyway.

Julie, about KFC. I don't know the technical stuff about it, but basically they are growing chicken scientifically...which is quite sick 2 me. They changed it from Kentuky Fried Chicken 2 strictly KFC cuz they aren't using real chicken anymore...talk about nasty.

I've seen the McDonald's chicken nugget picture b4 2...that's just sick. It might taste better if u dip it in Burger King's secret sauce.

Ohhh...i 4got, i got local and personal stories about Tacho Bell (aka Tacho Hell). There's a Tacho Bell where i live, where some kinda bugs got in2 something in the kitchen. Some lady got something there and the bugs hatched in her mouth!!! No lie...i've never liked Tacho Bell so it left me saying "Some how 'i told ya so' just dosen't say it" :roll:

Also, about 3 years ago, one of my friends got a borito from Tacho Bell (i believe it waz the same one from the story i mentioned above. She took a bite in the borito and beans were still inside a plastic bag inside of it (and under cooked). It kinda shows u what kinda standards u have 2 meet 2 work at a fast food place.

Guest Prince
One of my friends went to McDonalds, ordered a Big Mac... He was about to bite into it when he noticed something funny about the burger... Taking the top off he discovered it was uncooked! Now, I don't want to know what part of the animals fast-food chains use for burgers but I'm sure people could catch something from slip-ups like that.

Yeah, mistakes happen...but handing the food over 2 the person on the other side of the counter is only 5% of the process of making it...u think u'd be able 2 catch that stuff b4 it gets the customer. For instance, if a burger is cold 2 the touch, u might wanna check it out.

Guest Prince
True, it's all mass produced though and the customer appears to definitely NOT be a fast-food chains first priority. Edited by Prince

Guest Prince
Oh, and next time you pass by a fast-food place, take a look at the people behind the counters... They're miserable people on minimum wage - do they really give a damn? The hygiene in these places too is something less than desirable...

• Members
yeah, there are alot of rumors, but there's fact too! just check this:

[url="http://www.peta-tv.de/video_play.php?player=rp&speed=dsl&xp=38"]http://www.peta-tv.de/video_play.php?playe...speed=dsl&xp=38[/url]

and

[url="http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=pilgrims_web"]http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=pilgrims_web[/url]

good appetite and conscious the next time you eat sumthin at kfc.

"If i had the time and money, i'd never eat it...."
:speechless: