JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Hurricane Katrina Concert

bigted

I found this on Jazzy Jeff's board, I guess Tim posted there, well I'm gonna post it here, I wonder why Will ain't gonna be there? :shrug:

"go along to this and support the victims of hurricane katrina..

from the Philadelphia Inquirer

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/ma...ly/12585672.htm

Two Katrina benefits here on Saturday

Big names will gather here Saturday for two Hurricane Katrina benefit concerts.

Charles "Charlie Mac" Alston, whose Party 4 Peace Celebrity Weekend brought stars here in July, is staging a concert at the Dell East in East Fairmount Park.

Alston, a longtime Will Smith confidant and music insider, says he has booked Eve, Musiq, Floetry, Freeway, Tony Moore's Jehovah Children, Young Gunz, Ms. Jade, and DJ Jazzy Jeff to perform at the Project Brotherly Love Concert, running from 2 to 7 p.m. at the city-owned venue on 33d Street near Ridge Avenue.

"It wasn't a hard thing to think about," Alston said. "It seemed like the right thing to do."

Alston said that among the guests will be displaced Southerners who have been relocated here. The $15 admission will go toward the American Red Cross, he said. Information: 267-228-9809.

Country star Alan Jackson's concert at the Tweeter Center in Camden at 7:30 p.m. Saturday, sponsored by radio station WXTU-FM (92.5), has become a hurricane benefit for the Red Cross. Jackson, WXTU owner Beasley Broadcast Group, and Tweeter management each will contribute $1 per ticket to the effort. If all 25,000 tickets are sold (lawn seats are $27.50), they'll donate $75,000.