JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Best Producer/Rapper

Da Brakes

Out of these guys, who do you think is the best producer/rapper?! Take anything into prospective!!

[b]Rza, Timberland, Jermaine Dupri, Dre, Kanye West, P.Diddy, Eminem[/b]

My order goes:

1. Kanye West
2. Dre
3. Eminem
4. Timberland
5. Jermaine Dupri
6. P.Diddy
7. Rza

1. DJ Premier
2. DJ Jazzy Jeff + A Touch of Jazz
3. Jermaine Dupri + So So Def
4. Timbaland
5. Easy Mo Bee
6. Eric B.
7. Ummah (A Tribe Called Quest, Slum Village)
8. Dr. Dre
9. DJ Scratch
10. Kanye West
11. Rodney Jerkins + Darkchild

There is somebody i'm 4getting!!

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Jun 25 2004, 07:15 AM]There is somebody i'm 4getting!![/quote]
You forgot to mention Teddy Riley. He'd have to be in the top 5.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Jun 25 2004, 02:15 PM]1. DJ Premier
2. DJ Jazzy Jeff + A Touch of Jazz
3. Jermaine Dupri + So So Def
4. Timbaland
5. Easy Mo Bee
6. Eric B.
7. Ummah (A Tribe Called Quest, Slum Village)
8. Dr. Dre
9. DJ Scratch
10. Kanye West
11. Rodney Jerkins + Darkchild

There is somebody i'm 4getting!![/quote]
Strictly speaking Jeff isn't a rapper! He may have rapped ona few trax but he is not classed as a rapper!!

[quote=bigted,Jun 25 2004, 03:06 PM]You forgot to mention Teddy Riley. He'd have to be in the top 5.[/quote]
Teddy Riley isn't a rapper as well!!

I was interested as to what you guys thought out of the list of guys i said!!

Teddy Riley's a better rapper than P.Diddy, JD, and Timbalad are, did you ever hear "Rump Shaker"? Teddy Riley doesn't rap much, he's more of an r&b singer, but when he spits, it's tight, and he produced hits for some of the best like Janet, Big Daddy Kane, Heavy D, JJFP, Keith Sweat, and many countless others. We might as well put Will Smith on a rapper/producer list if we're gonna put Eminem 'cause Will Smith produced the Wild Wild West and Men In Black Soundtracks like Eminem produced the 8 Mile Soundtrack. :werd: How can Kanye West be #1? His career hasn't been that long yet! Dr.Dre would have to be #1 in my opinion 'cause he's had a great career. Edited by bigted

I think your getting confused! Will was executive producer on those soundtracks which means he oversaw what made it onto the album and what didn't. He didn't actually make the beats for the album. That is what i mean by the term 'producer'. A person who physically makes the beats themselves.

Eminem is well known now for making beats. He has done so for artists such as Jay-Z, 50 Cent, Obie Trice and D12.

I think people are missing the point of this post! When i say producer/rapper i mean somebody who is well known for doing both. And to at least have an album out to showcase their rapping abilities!! Not somebody that has rapped on a couple of tracks.

I've made a couple of beats myself but i would no way considermyself a producer!

I waz just listing producers...i replyed 2 this post early in the morning and didn't even notice the "rapper" part of it...ha ha. I don't count many people as producers and rappers cuz they usually lack in one of the feilds.

[quote=Hero1,Jun 25 2004, 05:55 PM]i'll say it again..diamond d was not only a great producer..but he was probably the only 1 who had genuine skillz on the mic and could hold his own.. u guys gotta check out his stuff![/quote]
Wasn't Diamond D rapping on "The Score" song on the Fugees album back in '96? His verse was tight on that song! :rock:

I wouldn't consider P. Diddy cuz his rap skills are average 2 bad depending on the track. And he's not really a producer cuz all he dose is jack beats. And Eminem just started producing...and all the trax i've heard produced by him sound almost exactly the same.