JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Kanye West causes controversy on NBC

Frenetic

Link

scroll down in the link and u'll find a transscript and movie from him questioning Bush.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I hate the way they portray us in the media. "If you see a black family it says they are looting if you see a white family it says they are looking for food.

"We already realize a lot of the people that could help are at war now fighting another way and they’ve given them permission to go down and shoot us."

"George Bush doesn't care about black people."

For others who cant be bothered to click it. Thats what he says

thnx for that link, i actually wasn't watching too much tv today, so i hadn't heard about it. I also read some people's reactions to it, he was just saying what a lot of people were thinking, people are saying it wasn't appropriate b/c it was a show to raise money, yeah maybe he could've picked a better time and place, but it's not so much when he said it but what he said...hey, the truth hurts. I for one can't stand Bush(call me "unamerican" if you will, i don't care) and i'll be glad when he's gone, unfortunately we're stuck with his a** for four more years, i agree completely with what Kanye said, don't bite your tongue baby!

people have been sitting down there for days! just dying! what the hell is taking so long?! you mean to tell me you can go almost a world away to fight a war but it's taking you this long to evacuate a city that's right at home? be for real!

sorry, i just get kinda riled up about this type of stuff because honestly there's no excuse for it, it makes no sense at all :worried:

Edited by willjadafan

:word: AJ there's too many Kanye topics here that's why I pinned that one topic before but anyways as much as I think he's overrated as a rapper I gotta admit that it took a lot of balls to say what he said and I give him props for that, I don't see 50 Cent sayin' or doing anything so far, people are sick and hungry over in New Orleans and it took 4 days before Bush started doing s*** about it, what kind of president is this? He's f****n' up our image to the whole world, this isn't what America's leader should act like, this ain't a 3rd world country.

Edited by bigted

Kanye West is hip-hop, I'm gonna definately buy his album now, I don't give a damn that he could be overconceited sometimes 'cause he's the only mc out there on the scene besides Will that actually has heart to speak his mind for all of us, KRS ain't being heard right now by many so somebody has to say something, I'm sure a lot of us feel the same way I know I do, people are outraged, just turn on the TV and you'll see it for yourself, Kanye won me over as a fan he's got heart! :thumbsup:

Edited by bigted

I rather see a lot of topics about Kanye West than about 50 Cent, we need an mc to top the charts, if "Lost and Found" or "Be" doesn't be the highest selling album this year, I hope "Late Registration" does, it doesn't matter if he doesn't have as much skills as them, he's hip-hop and we need real mcs with heart to top the charts no matter who it is, whether it's Black Eyed Peas, Will Smith, Kanye, Common, it don't matter, as long as people stop buying that Mike Jones and G Unit crap and learn to get their mind right with music for the soul, the government will have to take hip-hop more seriously once we put out popular songs with messages, so I'm gonna vote for Kanye's songs and Will's songs at the same time.

Edited by bigted