JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Freshest Album 2004/2005?

Turntable

Well i thought this might be an intrestintg question..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So i know everybody is talking about The College Dropout and stuff but i don`t think so!

I think it was..

The Beastie Boys-To The 5 Boroughs

The Beats are very complex..The Old Skool rhytms mixed with those future sounds and the Old Skool samples are just an adventure for the ear...And the give Mix Master Mike enough room which is banging!

The Rhymes are very cool..They have some funny stuff on it but the are still very complex and fresh..And the Punch line on some Songs are great!And the deep prats are great to..

I think this Album was to underated and i kinda drowned in The Kanye Hype!Kanye Maybbe has good beats on it but they never will be as complex as the Beat on that Album (I know many people will think something else lol)Kanyes Beats are way more comercial so they may sound to some people better but everybody gotta say that they aren`t so fresh and complex as the ones on TT5B!

And what depends the lyrics..The Beastie Boys will eat Kanye alive caus the Lyrics of Kanye are great but still way more comercial and not that fresh or creatief.

And what depends the flow..Come on we all know that Kanye`s flow is wack..Especaly when you look at MCA`s.

I tink it`s the best Beastie Boy Album after Hello Nasty..

----------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah..Which Album do you think is the freshest one 2004/2005?

Well other than "Lost and Found", I'd say Nas' "Street's Disciple", Common's "Be", LL's "The Definition", KRS-ONE's "Keep Right", and De La Soul's "The Grind Date" are all the best albums since '04 till now.

Well other than "Lost and Found", I'd say Nas' "Street's Disciple", Common's "Be", LL's "The Definition", KRS-ONE's "Keep Right", and De La Soul's "The Grind Date" are all the best albums since '04 till now.

I think you got me wrong..Those are great Album but LL`s or De La Souls or even Will`s Album arent fresh..They`r great but they arent fresh or inovatif i think!

My avatar is right, got to be "The Hear After" by J-Live ahead of Looptroop's "Fort Europa".

Were u from? Looptroops albums is ait. Beats are not so good, Embee needs a new formula.

Freshest albums beside of course L&F:

Late registration

BE

The Minstrel Show

Documentary

Definition

TT5B

Common - Be

L&F

De La - Grind Date

John Legend - Get Lifted

College Dropout

and since this isn't a freshest hip hop album topic, I'd say JC Chasez - Schizophrenic. Fresh. He goes away from the boy band style and makes a nice reggae/rnb/rock album that I still rotate in my CD player.

Here's some of my fav. r&b albums since '04:

Brandy "Afrodisiac"

Brian Mcknight "Gemini"

Mariah Carey "Emancipation Of Mimi"

Boyz II Men "Throwback Vol. 1"

Alicia Keys "Diary Of Alicia Keys"

Jill Scott "Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2"

Lost and Found is at the top of my list, followed closely by Nas' Street's Disciple. The Documentary was a pretty good album as well, I guess The Game was too good for the G-Unit.

I think you got me wrong..Those are great Album but LL`s or De La Souls or even Will`s Album arent fresh..They`r great but they arent fresh or inovatif i think!

Yeah I think those albums just reinforce them as great mcs, I might read into the topic wrong, I honestly can't think of too many innovative albums lately, I definately agree with you that Beastie Boys have much more of an innovative sound than Kanye does, they're one of the greatest groups ever along with Run-DMC, PE, De La Soul, and Tribe Called Quest, Kanye's just one of the better ones now but not all time.

Yeah I think those albums just reinforce them as great mcs, I might read into the topic wrong, I honestly can't think of too many innovative albums lately, I definately agree with you that Beastie Boys have much more of an innovative sound than Kanye does, they're one of the greatest groups ever along with Run-DMC, PE, De La Soul, and Tribe Called Quest, Kanye's just one of the better ones now but not all time.

Yeah i also cant think about much.. :damnyou:

And what depends the B-Boys..Word!

Edited by Turntable

If Jazzy Jeff produces the entire next album for Will I think it could sound innovative, Jazzy's beats are always a refreshing sound and a step above everyone else that produces! :yeah: btw, I think a lot of the beats on "BE" were boring, I think Common's flow was the only thing that kept the album entertaining, he should get Questlove and DJ Premiere and quit ****ing with Kanye. I think that R. Kelly's "Happy People/U Saved Me" might be the most creative album of R. Kelly's career, he's gone back to the basics now on "TP3.com" which is great but it's not as creative as "Happy People/U Saved Me", I think Outkast's "Speakerboxx/Love Below" was pretty creative too even though that was '03 but I think Andre 3000 went too left field on his, Big Boi had too many guests, damn how many albums do Snoop and Jay-Z have to jump on? :lolsign: That kept it from being a great double album but I do give them points for attempting to be innovative.

Edited by bigted

If Jazzy Jeff produces the entire next album for Will I think it could sound innovative, Jazzy's beats are always a refreshing sound and a step above everyone else that produces!  :yeah: btw, I think a lot of the beats on "BE" were boring, I think Common's flow was the only thing that kept the album entertaining, he should get Questlove and DJ Premiere and quit ****ing with Kanye.  I think that R. Kelly's "Happy People/U Saved Me" might be the most creative album of R. Kelly's career, he's gone back to the basics now on "TP3.com" which is great but it's not as creative as "Happy People/U Saved Me", I think Outkast's "Speakerboxx/Love Below" was pretty creative too even though that was '03 but I think Andre 3000 went too left field on his, Big Boi had too many guests, damn how many albums do Snoop and Jay-Z have to jump on?  :lolsign:  That kept it from being a great double album but I do give them points for attempting to be innovative.

Yes the Outkast Album was innovative..

And waht depends R.Kelly..I think on U Saved Me where his best lyrics ever..I like thta much more than him talking about sex!