JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Battle Of The Worst MC! Round II

Da Brakes

Here are the cats that made it through to round II!!

Round II (Ding Ding!!!)

[b]Vanilla Ice[/b]
[img]http://www.thestinkers.com/images1/vanillaiceb.jpg[/img]

~Vs~

[b]Ja Rule[/b]
[img]http://www.power1069.com/timages/page/ja_rule.jpg[/img]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vanilla Ice is wacker than Ja Rule, everything Vanilla Ice did was annoying while Ja Rule had a few good years until he started to suck recently. :werd:

Man, i've always said Vanilla Ice waz one of the worst rappers of all time...but Ja-Rule's imagin is just as watered down as Ice's when he 1st came out. I'll say Vanilla Ice...but Ja-Rule is just as bad. He had a few sinlges i liked but he seems 2 be pushing the level of trash music 2 new lows.

Since Vanilla Ice won 5-2 I'll just offer my opinion. Vanilla Ice was bad - very bad but Ja Rule sunk to even new lows with his albums. If you look closely though these two rappers have basically gone down the same path. Vanilla Ice's first single Ice Ice Baby was hot(whether we like to admit or not) and so was Ja's first single, Holla, Holla. They both went on to sell a truckload of records and become pop stars. They also crashed and burned in the quite the same manner. Allow me to explain:

Vanilla Ice: He made himself look really foolish when he tried to explain that he didn't steal the beat for Ice Ice Baby. He went from being a "hood" to being a flashy, Hammer-like artist. The coup-de-gras was his song for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles soundtrack. He then tried to come back as a weed-smoking, hard-core gangsta rapper and... well you know how that turned out.

Ja Rule - made himself look silly by singing hooks and doing straight bubble-gum pop tracks. He went from being "gangsta" to performing with J. Lo. The coup-de-gras for Ja was doing the video for Mesmerize(he took the theme from... Grease?). And let's not forget being dissed by 50 Cent(who ironically is doing the same thing Ja Rule was doing) and having his career smashed to bits. He then tries to come back as... a gangsta rapper(wow! how original).

I rest my case.

• Admin
[quote=TopDawg14,Jun 24 2004, 11:23 PM]Ja Rule - made himself look silly by singing hooks and doing straight bubble-gum pop tracks. He went from being "gangsta" to performing with J. Lo. The coup-de-gras for Ja was doing the video for Mesmerize(he took the theme from... Grease?). And let's not forget being dissed by 50 Cent(who ironically is doing the same thing Ja Rule was doing) and having his career smashed to bits. He then tries to come back as... a gangsta rapper(wow! how original).

I rest my case.[/quote]
good points TD but i would say his coup de gras was when he misspelt murder on a track..how could you ever live that down

If u look at the careers of Hip-Hop and Rap artists...u'll notice that the ones who have fallen off often follow the same formulas. Selling out, embracing sucess and money, trying 2 be more negative...fakely hardcore. It's just funny that they all take the same road which leads 2 the end of their careers. U think that after u saw the 1st set of Jay-Z's, Ludacris', Ja-Rule's, and Trina's fall off, why would they ALL do the same thing. People are so stupid and blinded by the business. That's why only the best (and smartest) survive.

Guest lambertj3
Vanilla ice is wack but top dawg was wrong in saying 50 is doing the same thing ja was doing because ja is SINGING on tracks doing duets with female singers while 50 is actually RAPPING NOT SINGING LIKE RULE lets get that straight

Mr Ice Ice Baby takes this round 5 votes to 2!!

Next 'rappers' are:

[u][b]P.Diddy[/b][/u]
[img]http://www.celebfashions.com/images/p-diddy-1.jpg[/img]

[b]~Vs~[/b]

[u][b]Bizarre[/b][/u]
[img]http://www.shadyworld.dk/billeder/D12/Bizzare/bizarre-1.jpg[/img]