Interesting!

Frenetic

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah unless u can prove it then i don't believe it. the man has overcome cancer. i'm sure we've all heard his story. why would the man dope himself when he's already dealt with a life threatening disease? has he doped himself for the last 6 or however many years? is that illegal in that sport? if so, why hasn't anything been done if it's such common knowledge that he doped himself? man some of u guys say the funniest stuff with no reason or effort put into it.

I heard on the news that Armstrong is thinking about coming out of retirement to win 8 Tour De France because of those acussations.

There isn't the same situation in florida woth poverty and people being desperate. I think these people that are beiong violent aren't people that are normally calm and good civilians, but gangmembers or just people without heart or judgement.

I believe this is true. Unfortunately, troops need to be sent to deal with these people.

BUT, when u send down troops 2 days after a hurricane, and say in international television that they will kill people, that is a dumb way of putting things. Cause people need to know that the army is there to help, not to feel treathened, cause in theory, people like u've also said that are peacfully going out to get some food, will be shot dead, aswell as gangmembers.
You are right. People do need to know that the national guard is there to help, however I see the troops response as a warning, not a threat. Their behavior so far attests to that.

The last thing iis the mayor and governors fault.

I have to ask. Since the mayor has some degree of accountability in all of this, and Kanye is charging the government with racism, is he then charging the mayor with racism?

Well no, cause kanye just went at the media and George Bush. The thing he had against Bush was not just about the happenings this time. He has went at Bush several times before, he just said it again here. Of course he does mean the goverment too, but the difference between the mayor and bush is that the mayor reacted slow but without much to work with, while Bush was at a party.

As you know, the mayor was "PISSED" about not having troops down there and resources from the goverment.

I see the mayor doing two things wrong:

1. Not ordering a evacuation of ALL PEOPLE, like he did yesterday.

2. Not acting fast enough after the storm.

I see bsuh doing a couple of things that he as president should've done:

1. Ordering either martial law or state of emergency and taking control of the situation.

2. Not doing bad speeches in tv talking about how it's fine down there and he didn't do anything wrong.

3. Not go to party. Should've came home sooner.

4. Rejecting FEMA's pledges for money and resources.

I know I go off topic sometimes but how do you link Lance Johnson's accusations of doping to looters of Hurricane Katrina? :lolsign: btw, I don't think they could charge him guilty yet, they were just rumors, there's no evidance to prove he did so don't say that he was using steroids until he's guilty!

:topic: Kanye has criticised Bush several times in his songs like a lot of conscious rappers do since Bush ignores the black community constantly, they just don't do it for fashion, we don't wanna sell crack, go into prostitution, or rob people but he doesn't give jobs to the inner cities and come up with a plan to rebuild schools so wtf are we supposed to do if nothing's there? The government Uncle Sams and Uncle Toms need to spend time in the 'hood and see how they survive just like we need to see what they'd do without food/water for 4 days watching their people die around them, would they really stay calm like they tell us "refugees" to? It's easy to say if they got an 20-room mansion and were born with a spoon in thier mouth! "drug dealin' just to get by/stack your money till it gets sky high/'cause we don't care what people say/we wasn't supposed to make it past 25/jokes on you we're still alive/we don't care what people say"(Kanye West-"We Don't Care) A lot of rappers know 'cause they made it from the 'hood and're now having success but it's like the government wants to throw us back there again by ruining our careers. This been there long before him but if you ain't part of the problem, you're part of the solution. It's the truth that us brothers in hip-hop are letting it out, too bad it takes a tragedy for people to realise this, he'd rather go to a party than to help the black people there, if you can't see that you must be blind, if this was a surburban area of Florida with mostly whites he'd cancel his party and run down there even if a lot of the people down there would have money to escape since they got better jobs than us n****rs, I bet my whole life that he would still run though! :sick:

Edited by bigted

I know I go off topic sometimes but how do you link Lance Johnson's accusations of doping to looters of Hurricane Katrina?  :lolsign:  btw, I don't think they could charge him guilty yet, they were just rumors, there's no evidance to prove he did so don't say that he was using steroids until he's guilty! 

:topic: Kanye has criticised Bush several times in his songs like a lot of conscious rappers do since Bush ignores the black community constantly, they just don't do it for fashion, we don't wanna sell crack, go into prostitution, or rob people but he doesn't give jobs to the inner cities and come up with a plan to rebuild schools so wtf are we supposed to do if nothing's there? The government Uncle Sams and Uncle Toms need to spend time in the 'hood and see how they survive just like we need to see what they'd do without food/water for 4 days watching their people die around them, would they really stay calm like they tell us "refugees" to? It's easy to say if they got an 20-room mansion and were born with a spoon in thier mouth! "drug dealin' just to get by/stack your money till it gets sky high/'cause we don't care what people say/we wasn't supposed to make it past 25/jokes on you we're still alive/we don't care what people say"(Kanye West-"We Don't Care) A lot of rappers know 'cause they made it from the 'hood and're now having success but it's like the government wants to throw us back there again by ruining our careers. This been there long before him but if you ain't part of the problem, you're part of the solution.  It's the truth that us brothers in hip-hop are letting it out, too bad it takes a tragedy for people to realise this, he'd rather go to a party than to help the black people there, if you can't see that you must be blind, if this was a surburban area of Florida with mostly whites he'd cancel his party and run down there even if a lot of the people down there would have money to escape since they got better jobs than us n****rs, I bet my whole life that he would still run though!  :sick:

Lance Johnson? You mean Lance Armstrong.

Lance Armstrong was brought into the debate because someone earlier tried to insult the president by intimating that he is an idiot because he fell off his bike. Now the President isn't the smarterst man in the world, but everyone falls off their bike now and then. Lance Armstrong has fallen off his bike several times, and he's a 7 time Tour de France champion. The point was that if you're going to insult the president, pick better things to insult him with. Talk about Iraq, WMDs, not the man falling off his bike.

Edited by MaxFly

Well no, cause kanye just went at the media and George Bush. The thing he had against Bush was not just about the happenings this time. He has went at Bush several times before, he just said it again here. Of course he does mean the goverment too, but the difference between the mayor and bush is that the mayor reacted slow but without much to work with, while Bush was at a party.

As you know, the mayor was "PISSED" about not having troops down there and resources from the goverment.

The problem with that is that we're finding out that the mayor had plenty of resources to evacuate people from NO before the city flooded. There are hundreds of school buses and transportation buses under water in New Orlenes that some have pointed out could have evacuated thousands of people before the flood and before the hurricane. It is estimated that most of the people who have died in NO died because they drowned in the flood.

Earlier, Ted posted, rather irately, that the federal government did nothing to evacuate those in NO. Well I hope he understands that evacuation in the face of a natural disaster is the responsibility of the local government and I hope he's just as irate with the mayor of NO.

I see the mayor doing two things wrong:

1. Not ordering a evacuation of ALL PEOPLE, like he did yesterday.

2. Not acting fast enough after the storm.

It's not just that the mayor didn't order the evacuation of all people. He did it late and he didn't seek to enforce the evacuation nor did he utilize the resources he had to evacuate those that he could. Again, there are hundreds of transportation vehicles under water in NO. Why weren't those used to evacuate people? Why didn't the govenor urge him to do these things?

What's worse, the local government of Louisiana seemed to have no contingency plans for a natural disaster and they seemed to be totally caught unawares. It is the responsibility of the mayors of city and towns and the govenor of a state to set in place protocols to prepare their city for an approaching natural disaster. Along with the Bush Administration and FEMA, they need to be held accountable for their slowness before and after the storm.

I see bsuh doing a couple of things that he as president should've done:

1. Ordering either martial law or state of emergency and taking control of the situation.

2. Not doing bad speeches in tv talking about how it's fine down there and he didn't do anything wrong.

The govenor of Louisiana wouldn't allow the federal govenment to take over. She wanted to maintain control over the national guard. She can do this because she is an elected official of her state. Bureaucracy, and that will need to be looked at when everything is said and done. Also, she was the one who ordered the "shoot to kill." The order would have been exactly the same with martial law, and we already know how Kanye feels about those orders, so I don't see Kanye embracing martial law either.

Where has he said that things are fine and where has he said that he didn't do anything wrong? This isn't Iraq. I don't think that even he is that stupid.

He has said that people are not getting the help they need and that the initial response was unacceptable. That doesn't sound like he's saying things are "fine."

3. Not go to party. Should've came home sooner.

He should have come sooner, and I hope they hold him to full accountability for this. He did the same thing with 9/11, not responding right away. It's getting old. Hopefully, he doesn't squirm out of it this time.

4. Rejecting FEMA's pledges for money and resources.

If this were true, FEMA would have no blame in the matter. Yet everyone is blaming FEMA. Why do you think that is?

Here is a picture of the resources that the mayor of NO didn't have...

post-626-1126102385_thumb.jpg