JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Interesting!

Frenetic

Whether you wanna blame Bush or the looters, this is a bad image for America, the world is gonna be looking down at us again!  :therain:

I agree Ted. However, instead of blaming people, citizens should be working together to provide relief. There will be plenty of time for blame. The thing is that people like Kanye are quick to blame the government, but silent when his own people are shooting at one another and at law officials. If you're going to pass out criticism, do so judiciously and fairly.

WHY should he when people are dying as a direct cause of Bush's way of handleing his country? WHY should when only a little part of the people remaining are showing up extreme violence?

Shouldn't the goverment be able to hande these kind of things even with them being critiziced? Ain't US the best / richest / most powerful country in the world but they still show less power to handle things like this than Thailand, Indonesia.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We need to tell the media to not criticise the looters too if you're gonna tell Kanye not to criticise Bush, we need unity!

We need to tell the media to not criticise the looters too if you're gonna tell Kanye not to criticise Bush, we need unity!

:word:

Cause media has alot of power, why didn't they unite people? =)

I was watching Jessie Jackson speakin' to a reporter yesterday and he asked the reporter, "Why do you call our people down in New Orleans refugees? They had homes and they're Americans like the rest of us, they're not refugees." and he's right!

Isn't that for sure that raping, killin and violence is all acts of complete insanitiy and should be punished? DO i have to say that just to make it RIGHT for goverment and authorities to discriminate and overlook the need for help amongst poor & black people?

Don't be a jerk, the topic was not about the violence and raping, it's about media ONCE AGAIN (not the first time) portrays whites as the superior people.

WHY should I explane their acts? huh? I am only in the discussion critizising the hatred and discriminination on blacks. I've gotten tired of getting angry on those idiots, i've made various remarks on those kidn of things in other boards. Those people are idiots, BUT, BUT according to journalists in NO, 90% of the people "looting" ARE either not looting or is just pciking up food. BUT, since people like to get excited, they don't report that as much as the action kind of stuff about people shooting at rescue choppers and raping underagre girls in the superdome and so on.

Why does it feel like u just had, had to come in with an explanation about the blacks being violent in here? huh? Is it cause u can't open your eyes and see the truth, that the african-americans STILL are the inferior race in the US but it's jsut not so open for the public to notice. Remember that ALL media is controlled by privateowners with different kind of interests, FOX is a completely conservative channel displaying 74% black violence in their news when about 35% of the violence in the streets are caused be african-americans. How come FOX was the first channel to air BUSH as a winner in 2000? Cause Bush's cousin got a job there.

How come FOX is known for various racist and anti-islam reportages including one about my hometown in Sweden.

If the media can't handle their business without being objective and fair, they should shut the **** up, cause they got alot more power then they seem to know

It seems that the media has done an excellent and fair job in covering what has gone on post Katrina. The peoples' suffering has been captured, and that has largely been the focus of the tragedy. There has been a great deal of discussion as to why FEMA and the federal government responded so slowly, and there has been coverage of the violence and lawlessness taking place in the city. In the middle of all of this, news on Rehnquist's death and Robert's nomination for chief justice has also peaked in...

I'm still waiting to hear you say that the crime taking place in the city is bad... You don't even have to say that it is hindering relief efforts... Just say that it is bad... Go ahead...

Time out, we need to tell the media not to criticize people comitting blatant crimes?

Maybe we should tell the media not to mention the violence too.

I have no problem with the media criticizing Bush... they're asking relevant questions... They aren't basically calling him racist though, are they Ted?

And on the flipside of your statement, if Kanye is going to criticize Bush, he needs to address the people comitting crimes... and I'm not talking about people taking food.

WHY should he when people are dying as a direct cause of Bush's way of handleing his country? WHY should when only a little part of the people remaining are showing up extreme violence?

Shouldn't the goverment be able to hande these kind of things even with them being critiziced? Ain't US the best / richest / most powerful country in the world but they still show less power to handle things like this than Thailand, Indonesia.

So why don't you come right out and say it Frenetic. Because the government was slow to resond to the disaster, people have the right to shoot at navy contractors and rescue helicopters. They have the right to steal valuables, thing that aren't important to their survival. They have the right to make law enforcement's job harder and hinder rescue and relief efforts.

Just say it, go ahead... because from the things you've said, it's apparently what you are thinking.

I don't know if you've been looking at the coverage lately, but the relief efforts have picked up dramatically. Perhaps if you try hard enough, you can find a way to blame that on racism...

Nobody out there in New Orleans is a refugee, a refugee is somebody that tries to escape to another country in war, this isn't a war is it? The newscasters who call our people refugees have no credability whatsoever 'cause they obviously don't know that's the definition of a refugee, they're saying this 'cause there's black people there, they think we're terrorists, you could that word up for yourself and see that I'm right, sure those people are wrong to be doing those things, I don't condone it but they ain't terrorists damn it!

Nobody out there in New Orleans is a refugee, a refugee is somebody that tries to escape to another country in war, this isn't a war is it?  The newscasters who call our people refugees have no credability whatsoever 'cause they obviously don't know that's the definition of a refugee, they're saying this 'cause there's black people there, they think we're terrorists, you could that word up for yourself and see that I'm right, sure those people are wrong to be doing those things, I don't condone it but they ain't terrorists damn it!

You were on point and I was agreeing with you until you said.

'cause there's black people there, they think we're terrorists

Refugee carries a negative connotation and the media should be sensitive to that.

But they are actually not using the word wrongly...

Refugee: Someone who is voluntarily absent from home or country

An individual seeking refuge or asylum

An exile who flees for safety

MAXFLY:

U must be blind: from my last long post saying that it is something obvious that raping, killin, looting and so on is bad and i don't have to say that just cause i wan't ti critize the goverment:

Isn't that for sure that raping, killin and violence is all acts of complete insanitiy and should be punished? DO i have to say that just to make it RIGHT for goverment and authorities to discriminate and overlook the need for help amongst poor & black people?

WHY should I explane their acts? huh? I am only in the discussion critizising the hatred and discriminination on blacks. I've gotten tired of getting angry on those idiots, i've made various remarks on those kidn of things in other boards. Those people are idiots, BUT, BUT according to journalists in NO, 90% of the people "looting" ARE either not looting or is just pciking up food. BUT, since people like to get excited, they don't report that as much as the action kind of stuff about people shooting at rescue choppers and raping underagre girls in the superdome and so on.

MAXFLY:

U must be blind: from my last long post saying that it is something obvious that raping, killin, looting and so on is bad and i don't have to say that just cause i wan't ti critize the goverment:

Frenetic, yours is a fleeting acceptance that some people have done bad things, completely ignoring how these things relate to the crisis in the South. Throughout this entire thread, you have downplayed the importance of order and security in relation to rescue and relief efforts.

Kanye said that the govenment is sending troops down to shoot at black people and you agreed. You obviously don't understand why the govenment is sending down troops. When crimes are taking place, not just simple lootings, but lootings of gun shops and the like, shootings, carjackings, rapes and looting of peoples homes for valuables, it is imperative that the govenment reestablish order so that those things don't hinder rescue and relief efforts. I'm sure by now that you have heard of the gunmen who shot at the unarmed navy contractors as they were on their way to fix one of the levees. What do you think would have happened to those engineers if the government had chosen not put some focus on security. Would the NO police department which was hopelessly undermanned before the arrival of troops have been able to help those men and women? What would you say to the families of those civilians. Your son or daughter, mother or father bravely died at the hands of those they were trying to help?

They aren't just idiots as you have stated. Their actions are quite simply abominable, nothing less. Shooting at rescue choppers? Their actions aren't taken in desperation but in greed and anger, puting those in danger who would help them and further endangering the lives of some who are already suffering.

So when Kanye says that troops are being sent down to shoot black people, he is misrepresenting the entire issue. He is making it into something about race (as if the army is purposefully targeting black people) instead of presenting the full picture.

If this were Florida and white people were running around shooting at workers and breaking into peoples homes, best believe that troops would be there in the full effect as well.

There isn't the same situation in florida woth poverty and people being desperate. I think these people that are beiong violent aren't people that are normally calm and good civilians, but gangmembers or just people without heart or judgement.

BUT, when u send down troops 2 days after a hurricane, and say in international television that they will kill people, that is a dumb way of putting things. Cause people need to know that the army is there to help, not to feel treathened, cause in theory, people like u've also said that are peacfully going out to get some food, will be shot dead, aswell as gangmembers.

Instead, they should've had the army there hours after the hurricane, the nationguard should've been better prepared and the entire population should've been evacuated.

The last thing iis the mayor and governors fault.

There isn't the same situation in florida woth poverty and people being desperate. I think these people that are beiong violent aren't people that are normally calm and good civilians, but gangmembers or just people without heart or judgement.
I believe this is true. Unfortunately, troops need to be sent to deal with these people.

BUT, when u send down troops 2 days after a hurricane, and say in international television that they will kill people, that is a dumb way of putting things. Cause people need to know that the army is there to help, not to feel treathened, cause in theory, people like u've also said that are peacfully going out to get some food, will be shot dead, aswell as gangmembers.

You are right. People do need to know that the national guard is there to help, however I see the troops response as a warning, not a threat. Their behavior so far attests to that.

The last thing iis the mayor and governors fault.

I have to ask. Since the mayor has some degree of accountability in all of this, and Kanye is charging the government with racism, is he then charging the mayor with racism?