JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Game changing albums

Schnazz

Ted: He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper was a double LP, meaning the vinyl release was 2 discs. The cassette was a single cassette.

FuQ: i get ur point about the work ethic, i think some people (including me) just think that the overall content and songs on the album weren't game changing. PJDU was game-changing, but the content of the overall album i do not believe is game changing. i guess we just all have different opinions on who changed the game or what game changing means.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" track is one of the greatest battle songs of all-time, if Will makes another song like this with Jazzy he could end Eminem's career! :willvspaparazzi: I think only Rakim could contest with FP at that time. "Rhythm Trax-House Party Style" is game changing, it displays why Jazzy's the greatest DJ of all-time. I stand by saying that the punchlines in "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" are better than Eminem's punchlines throughout his whole career, I wonder why he'd consider opening his mouth in the 1st place to diss Will if he heard this when he growing up?! I think that's the reason why he's in rehab right now. :sick: 30 million+ sold and winning the first rap Grammy proves that Will really does own the whole rap industry! :word: :

"My rhymes have been written, not to be bitten

But as it seems, some suckers keep forgettin

the rules about rappin, but that's alright

Cause in the next five minutes I'ma have them all uptight

Stronger than a dinosaur, better known than Santa

Man -- the battles I battle, I usually win em

in -- less than a minute, but it all depends

on how long -- it takes you rappers to realize

that tryin to defend yourself, is ridiculous

Didn't you get my message inside of the question

cause you're toys boys, I'm the Real McCoy

I'm really gonna enjoy seein you destroyed

If I was Fred Flintstone, I'd probably own all of Bedrock

If I was a criminal I'd probably own a cellblock

If I was in the Navy I would own the sea

but I'm a +POET+ so I own the whole rap industry

I'm like a lion my man, and the streets are my den

It's either kill or be killed, so I kill

I kill again and again and again

The X amount of times, rappers I'll slaughter them

I tie em up and throw them in the water

then I'll just walk away like no-thin ever happened

until somebody else starts rappin

That's when I snap and I'll attack and go mad like Rambo

or maybe like Commando, or like Lando

Calrissian, cause you know he was down with the Force

Fresh Prince is the source I feel no pain or remorse

Think that you can beat me rappin man you must be silly

Man I really really really really really really

hate when people, doubt my ability

And I have to prove superiority

If rap was basketball, I would be in luck

Cause everytime I freestyled it would be a slam dunk

MAN, I'm the engineer, and you're the passangers

Takin on a voyage, a hip-hop massacre

The Jason of rap, Freddy Kruger of rhymin

And I'm sure that you'll see in due time man

People will run, to Philadelphia Pennsylvania

to all join in, to this Fresh Prince mania

My face in magazines, on your radio or stereo

Everywhere you go, audio and video

A hip-hop terrorist, war like vocalist

Other rappers say, "Yo Prince why don't you show me this

style now," you must be trippin

It ain't no way in hell I'ma let you put your lip in

my rhyme cause it's a timebomb, I'm not kiddin

My rhyme explodes the second it gets bitten

I'm quick and nimble, a status symbol

I shop at Macy's now but I used to shop at Gimble's

I'll, drop kick a hurricane, bodyslam a tidal wave

Walk through a tornado, or a volcano

But I'll be OK though

And here's some more info that you rappers should know

You are the bombs and I will defuse you

I am the lawyer and I'm goin to accuse you

of the ultimate rhyme crime, and you will be guilty

There's no way that you'll ever ever defeat beat me

rappin any time of day

Pop so much trash, man I can't wait

to be face to face, and hear Jeff say, "Sick 'em"

Man you're gonna be my victim

You better duck, and pray for good luck Chuck, cause you're stuck

You're like a Thanksgiving turkey and it's time to be plucked

I see you're nervous purpose that's how I now you're soft

You're runnin round like a chicken with your head cut off

But just relax my power to the max

And I'm cuttin no slack on this rap track, Jack

So back up, as if you got good sense

OR FEEL THE FURY.. of the Prince!

And ya don't stop

Yo Jazzy, why don't you rock up the spots

Yo Jazzy, hey Jeff I'm psyched, I'm psyched

Give em a cut Jeff'

Edited by bigted

• Admin

Will expanded the platform.. brought rap to millions of people..made it commercially viable..he's the dj was one of the first rap albums 2 go double platinum.. will was the first rapper to go into acting..that was game changing.. how many rappers have done acting since? I dont think they actually changed the way rappers did anything because jazzy jeff and fresh prince were always out on their own doing there own thing..no1s ever followed in jjfps footsteps or sdone anythin like them music wise i dont think

That's right the "Parents Just Don't Understand" video inspired "The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air", that was groundbreaking, it opened the doors for LL's sitcom "In The House" to take off Turntable, as much as I love LL too I gotta admit that FP opened doors for him too but then again Will sampled LL on "Brand New Funk" so it's all love! :thumbsup:

Edited by bigted

I don't know if anyone has put this up already, but this just came to me so I stopped reading the posts and clicked add reply

anyway, JJFP changed the game when they released that NBC FPOBA record because it showed the first rapper being an actor. and first DJ being an actor. (I'm probally really stretching the definition of "album" with this.)

Will expanded the platform.. brought rap to millions of people..made it commercially viable..he's the dj was one of the first rap albums 2 go double platinum.. will was the first rapper to go into acting..that was game changing.. how many rappers have done acting since? I dont think they actually changed the way rappers did anything because jazzy jeff and fresh prince were always out on their own doing there own thing..no1s ever followed in jjfps footsteps or sdone anythin like them music wise i dont think

:word: i couldn't say it any better Tim. Will changed the rap/act career game but JJFP never did anything so groundbreaking that everyone was influence to follow in their footsteps. that's one of the things i like about JJFP tho, they do their own thing and nobody else comes close to it

I don't know if anyone has put this up already, but this just came to me so I stopped reading the posts and clicked add reply

anyway, JJFP changed the game when they released that NBC FPOBA record because it showed the first rapper being an actor. and first DJ being an actor.  (I'm probally really stretching the definition of "album" with this.)

:lolsign: Well the impact of "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" lead to the "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" but if you really wanna get technical Run-Dmc, Kurtis Blow, and LL Cool J were the 1st actors 'cause they did "Krush Groove" where they just played themselves but still they were the first ones. :stickpoke:

anyway, JJFP changed the game when they released that NBC FPOBA record because it showed the first rapper being an actor. and first DJ being an actor.  (I'm probally really stretching the definition of "album" with this.)

:lolsign: Well the impact of "He's The DJ, I'm The Rapper" lead to the "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" but if you really wanna get technical Run-Dmc, Kurtis Blow, and LL Cool J were the 1st actors 'cause they did "Krush Groove" where they just played themselves but still they were the first ones. :stickpoke:

Go Ted,Go Ted,Go Ted :yeah: :lolsign:

:word: Like I said it was a collective effort to get hip-hop to become the billion-dollar buisiness it is today, "Krush Groove" wasn't as popular as "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" but it was a start and the success "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" lead to LL and Queen Latifah having their own sitcoms later on too.

:word: Like I said it was a collective effort to get hip-hop to become the billion-dollar buisiness it is today, "Krush Groove" wasn't as popular as "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" but it was a start and the success "Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air" lead to LL and Queen Latifah having their own sitcoms later on too.

Word!

And even FPOBA would be the start of it..It wasn`t an Album as far is is remember :lolsign: