JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

THE PARTY CAN START LATER...

Man, i think they should just put "Party Starter" on the back burner. Autumn is in full swing. Kids are back in school, the college campus is filled with huneyz, the sky is white, the weather is getting cooler (almost overnight), and vibe is just in the air. 2day is the 1st day i've bumped Lost + Found straight thru' without skipping from track 2 track. I listened 2 "Tell Me Why" for the 1st time in awhile. That September 11 stuff really came back 2 me when listening 2 it...the sniper stuff waz more powerful on my mind (since that also happened closer 2 this time...and cuz they caught him 5 minutes away from where i live), the annisversary of 2Pac and Jam Master Jay's murders are approaching. Life just dosen't feel like a party.

I say they just get this "Tell Me Why" video off the ground and on the air...NOW. "Party Starter" should come out after "Tell Me Why" runs it's course. After all, "Tell Me Why" is a guarenteed hit where as "Party Starter" isn't guarenteed...since radio hasn't embrased it at all. Hey, they did it with Aaliyah. "More Than A Woman" waz done before "Rock The Boat" and they flipped their releases and it just felt right and also did her legacy better.

The party can wait if u ask me.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem is that they cant do the music video until they are both free from their scheduals.. and Will cant record anything until his done with Pursuit of Happiness... One reason is that I think he must keep his beard during the filming and that wouldnt look to good in a music vid ^^

Man, i think they should just put "Party Starter" on the back burner.  Autumn is in full swing.  Kids are back in school, the college campus is filled with huneyz, the sky is white, the weather is getting cooler (almost overnight), and vibe is just in the air.  2day is the 1st day i've bumped Lost + Found straight thru' without skipping from track 2 track.  I listened 2 "Tell Me Why" for the 1st time in awhile.  That September 11 stuff really came back 2 me when listening 2 it...the sniper stuff waz more powerful on my mind (since that also happened closer 2 this time...and cuz they caught him 5 minutes away from where i live), the annisversary of 2Pac and Jam Master Jay's murders are approaching.  Life just dosen't feel like a party.

I say they just get this "Tell Me Why" video off the ground and on the air...NOW.  "Party Starter" should come out after "Tell Me Why" runs it's course.  After all, "Tell Me Why" is a guarenteed hit where as "Party Starter" isn't guarenteed...since radio hasn't embrased it at all.  Hey, they did it with Aaliyah.  "More Than A Woman" waz done before "Rock The Boat" and they flipped their releases and it just felt right and also did her legacy better.

The party can wait if u ask me.

:iagree: I feel the same way, summer's ending and I'm listening to more conscious rap myself lately, I was bumpin' "Big Willie Style" and "Homebase" type albums quite a bit but now I've been more into "Lost and Found" and "Willenium" type albums, "Tell Me Why" would really be the soundtrack of Sept./Oct, but the only problem if you ask me is Interscope is not doing a very good job releasing songs, if Will had it in his power I'm sure he'd made an effort to release it around this time and would've released "Party Starter" earlier this summer, they're the reason why it won't happen.

Edited by bigted

Problem is that they cant do the music video until they are both free from their scheduals.. and Will cant record anything until his done with Pursuit of Happiness... One reason is that I think he must keep his beard during the filming and that wouldnt look to good in a music vid ^^

I'm going to say this... and if anyone ever brings this up, I'll deny it. Lol, nosa...

I think Lerkot made some good points...

It'd be a good idea to release "Tell Me Why" to radio even though we won't be able to get a video due to Will's beard, lol, Interscope is the enemy in this situation though, we didn't even get the "Party Starter" video yet, we might not even get that before sept. 11th the way things are lookin', they just ain't puttin' much effort in promoting "Lost and Found".

• Members

For me it would be the best to help the sales of the album. that's too late for party starter it can wait for christmas. So you people from interscope be smart!... just a lil' bit

It's just not doable. Party Starter has a music video waiting in the wings, it's on the radio. It has to be supported, bottom line. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. The chain reaction has already begun, lets let it run its course...

But again, I must ask, where were all you people when I was advocating that Party Starter come out in June or at the beginning of July? You had to realize that a late release of Party Starter would result in a later release of any subsequent singles... The majority of you guys seemed to be in the "lets milk switch" or the "Will doesn't care about album sales" camps. I find it ironic that people are complaining now.

I really don't see why "tell me why" wasn't released earlier. I know that they wanted to go for the party track cause it sounds like a summer type song, but didn't Jada Kiss come out with his "why" around the summer time? It did pretty well didn't it. Party Starter is a great track but I think if sales are going to increase a lot, "Tell me why" is going to be the track that puts the album on the "to buy list" for rap fans. I haven't heard a lot of rap lately but I'm pretty sure that there arn't a lot of sentimental songs in rap right now, I think now is the perfect time for "tell me why." What do think?

i agree with AJ that the wait for Party Starter has gotten boring and now isn't the best time for it, but like Max said, the video has been shot, the single has been released. it's too late to cancel it, you just have 2 go thru with the process. at least the video is on the way. i also agree with Lerkot, it's gonna be tough getting the video shot at this point. i just hope that Tell Me Why comes out sometime... whether it be this year or next year or whenever. that's not asking too much, is it?

Yeah, I realize that it isn't exactly reasonable for Will to release Tell Me Why and Party Starter at the same time. I was just merely commenting on how great it would be if that happened. It's just too bad that Interscope can put out single after single for artists like 50 Cent and Eminem, but delay Will's video for months. It is just so frustrating for us fans because we know that Will is so much better and doesn't get the respect that he deserves.