JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Feeding Homeless people...

3cookies

I mentioned that last Monday, (15 Aug) I went downtown Atlanta with my sons and we fed homeless ppl. We usually average feeding around 50 ppl at a tyme with a nice hot delicious meal that I cook. :ithinkimkanye: I just wanted to share this with u guys, cuz its the heart of my 8 year old that lead us down there, when I was tired already from running errands ALL day. He asked me twice within a week if we could feed homeless ppl,... and how could I refuse a child wanting to help someone less fortunate than us? That makes my heart smile wonderfully, knowing that I have instilled a loving trait in my children's heart...because we do it as a family effort... and Im just sorry that I haven't made any efforts to do it more often...

back to cooking...

Amazingly, when I was done cooking, and we were gettng ready to go feed them, I felt alright, and actually refreshed, as if I was well rested, which was far from the truth...as if God was giving me a 2nd wind to finish our mission for the day...

We park on the east side of a park located one block north of Underground Atlanta(somewhat secluded from alotta traffic) . Perfect spot! I get out, tell my sons to set things up... (they know our routine) and I go up to the park, and just say....I got some hot plate, yall betta come on now!. haha. I talk to ppl in such a way, ... to make them feel like im their family... thats a good feeling...anyways.. lmbo

Here i am BLASTING will's cd, and feeding homeless ppl. I did 2 things in once,... promoted Lost & Found and shared it with less priveledged ppl who may have not heard it otherwise, and respected my son's request in feeding homeless ppl...

well here is a pic, of 2 of my sons passing out napkins and plates/forks.

Edited by 3cookies

and this lady (in the 2nd pic) was strait JAMMIN, when she heard the cd. she was like "thats Will Smith". Im like yep. she said, "I Love Will Smith". hhaha and I told her I was a fan too...

well... thats my street team promotion efforts and giving back to the community. What better gift than a plate of hot food, and throwing a homeless block party featuring WS cd? lol

peace,

cookie

Edited by 3cookies

:iagree: You got a good heart, I know Will would be happy about this if he knew about it, not just in promoting the album but lending a helping hand to those in need! :dope:

Wow! I really need 2 put some of my time into stuff like that. Planting seeds like that in other people's lives will have blessings of your own chasing u down and taking u over b4 u realize it. It's amazing how if u dedicate your heart 2 something like that, your own needs would be met...such as being exhausted, then contributing to something like that and then being given a second wind. There truely is no greater feeling than giving to someone else...especially those in need.

You guys are amazing, thx 4 the kind words. And AJ, ur 100% right abt that '2nd' wind.

Afterwards we we went back to Centennial Olympic Park 2 watch the watershow,..I asked how they felt, and they said it made them feel good inside. Who knows what 'angels' were among those homeless ppl, could be a blessing in disquise for the album too... never know how God works... Spreading love and L&F. what a combination! haha

Oh man! Thats something I would love 2 see Will take just ONE day out to do. His heart will reach a new dimension of love. Just imagine how the paparazzi will eat that up and can't make anything asides positive remarks...do I have an imagination or what? haha

peace,

cookie