JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

MP3 voice recording?

3cookies

I need a little help from anyone please. I need to get a MP3 recording of my voice and I have absolutely no idea where to begin...

do i need to download any program? How do i attach it to an email?...

forgive me for any inconvenience, but I really need it as early as possible... any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated...

peace,

cookie

For a simple recording download Sound capture which is free. http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Sound_Cap...undcapture.html

and then record from your mic. Click on "mixer" to select your source. For the email use yousendit.com to upload your file and then paste the link it gives u after its done on the email.

For the email use yousendit.com to upload your file and then paste the link it gives u after its done on the email.

Depending on how long of a recording you make, you may not need to even use yousendit, you may be able to just drop it in an email.

some mp3 players have voice recording and from there you can download it to your computer and drop it in an e-mail.

if that's not an option, there are many small programs that can record from sound devices on your computer's mixer. the one that KBF posted it an example of one. i'm sure you can find plenty of programs on http://www.download.com if you do a search of 'mp3 recorder'. just watch out for the trial versions that only record for 10 seconds tho :lolsign:

ok thx alot guys. I also downloaded I-Sound Pro, which seems to be good, but now im tryna figure out if I need 4.72 or later of the Windows Common Control library or whatever the heck its askin me, lmbo...cuz i tried recording but nothing. imma leave this alone in a little bit if i cant get it right...altho i really need a recording, dang on it...

thx again..

peace,

cookie

Hmmm..Check the Volume settings. (soundcard settings,s hould be on the task bar someplace)..Make sure Mic Volume is up, and it's set to record to the MiC.

Also make sure the mute button isn't checked below the volume settings. On my computer, it's listed as "Line-In"

yep. thx guys. I've checked the sound controls, audio, voice, mute is not checked, and troubleshoot/tested the hardware for voice recording on the (internal)microphone, still nothing. Its gotta be something Im missing, cuz when I was on Skype with the others, they heard me clearly... (altho all i was doing was laughing lol)

thanx again all the help tho, ill keep at it when i get home later this evening...

peace,

cookie

Not sure if this was mentioned, but you could try Sound Recorder. It's pretty basic and comes with Windows. The only draw back is that it creates wav files, not mp3's. Wav files are still audio, but they're much larger then mp3's, so they can't be sent by email. You'd have to download a seperate program to convert the files. But, if ya can't get anything else to work, ya might want to give it a try. Just click "Start", then "Run", then type in sndrec32 and press "Ok"

I tried that too... I accessed it by going to all programs > accessories,> entertainment >and then sound recorder... still nothing. I appreciate you guys help, but dont waste ur tyme anymore tryna figure it out ...cuz its a wasted cost. but just to let u know why I was askin for help is cuz...

I was suppose to send it to a guy ironically name Will. haha.. Will Preston. He called me cuz he wanted to hear my voice so that I could be a backup singer in the band he's forming to promote the release of his album... but guess thats not gonna happen with me being a part of it. dang on it!

thx again... but dont worrry bout it. u guys are really supportive...

peace,

cookie