JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Tupac Ressurrection DVD

mfuqua23

Hey guys. I purchased Tupac Ressurection 2 days ago. This DVD is absolutrely magnificent. It makes even more powerful because 2pac is talking. THey used different segments from interviews, but to be honest, U really shouldn't bother 2 try 2 depect a difference. I knew a lot, but felt like I was learning about 2pac all over again. It's better than I thought it would be.

The extras R great also. The delete scenes R nothin hype, but interesting. There's his 1st interview wit MTV (that never aired because of his legal problems). It was done in '92. He was going 2 be featured on a Christmas album, but he was cut. People talk about him in different aspects. Like when he died. There's him at a MAlcolm X Dinner Speech. It's one of my favorites. 2pac would've been a success at anything. there's a extra concerning his trial wit the shooting of an officier by teens. There's the 96 interview wit MTV at the awards.

And I thought Thug Angel was good. This is by far the best DVD of Tupac I've seen.

If U only choose 2 buy one Tupac DVD, this is it.

I also got the DVD but i havn't watched it yet. Since it wazn't shown here where i live...i had 2 get it when it 1st dropped. I can't wait 2 watch it. The reason this one is probably the best is cuz 2Pac's camp backed it up officialy.

I finally watched it 2day. 2day waz my day off so i just stayed home and popped the DVD in and watched all the extras right after it. I love the movie, it was put 2gether very well. What makes this surpass all past 2Pac documentries is the fact that it's all told from his point of view. The story just rolls along totally legit and totally honest. It's amazing the way they put the narroration 2gether cuz there's only a few spots where it obvious when the were putting different interviews 2gether.

2Pac is one of the most misunderstood emcee ever and i think it's important 4 people 2 see this movie. Most of 2Pac's fans don't know what the man was all about and this movie clears alot of things up. I waz a fan of Digital Underground and 2Pac when he 1st went solo so i got a dose of all of his sides, ideas, etc...but not alot of fans have and my opinion and understanding of him is nothing like alot of people who got in2 him later. I think this movie is perfect 4 skooling his fans AND 4 those people who have never been in2 him that much but are willing 2 see what he's about. All that controversy and media hype totally messed up his image.

There's a few ties in2 it that people here would definitly be interested in. It shows a good chunk of 2Pac and Jada lipsyncing/dancing 2 "Parents Just Don't Understand," a bonus feature of Jada talking about him, and footage of the MTV Music Awards where Will introduced 2Pac's and Biggie mothers.

The only other place i've seen a clip of that 2Pac + Jada "Parents Just Don't Understand" video waz on The Kenan Ivory Wayons Show back in the summer of 1997 or 1998. Me and my cousin did a video like that 2 Snow's "Informer" back in the day...ha ha. If i ever blow up, i hope they never get their hands on that video cuz i look like i'm trying 2 be really hard in the beginning cuz when they started the music, it waz by some generic guy and i got the impression i would be lipsyncing 2 the actual song.