JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

will sister's wedding

tope

• Members
TRADITIONALLY, it's the bride who gets to be center of attention on her wedding day.

However, most brides don't have a big brother as famous as Will Smith.

Will's sister Ellen is scheduled to marry her longtime boyfriend this Saturday in what's sure to be a talked-about wedding.

We're not sure where the wedding will be, but Will Smith is expected to arrive in Philadelphia this weekend to attend the festivities along with his wife, Jada Pinkett-Smith.

Ellen is a twin to Harry - an accountant who works for Will's Treyball Entertainment. They have one other sister, Pam. Ellen once worked as a hair stylist at Hair Image II, a beauty salon at 52nd and Girard streets. Her intended, D. Lawrence Downs, reportedly has worked in construction and once did security for Toi East, the now-defunct clothing boutique off of South Street.

Is Will helping pay for the wedding? If he were my brother, you can bet that he would. Surely, Ellen will be most appreciative of whatever help Will throws her way.

I'm sure Will is hyped 2 get a small break and go home for a lil' bit. The sad thing is, camera crews may be able 2 follow him there. Will + Jada should perform "1,000 Kisses"...ha ha.

Inqlings | Main Line wedding fit for a Fresh Princess

By Michael Klein

Inquirer Columnist

Neither bride nor groom is in The Biz, but major star power gathered yesterday on the Main Line as Ellen Smith married her longtime beau, businessman D. Lawrence Downs.

That's Ellen Smith, 33, a hair and makeup artist and younger sister of Philly-bred entertainer Will Smith. Nuptials and reception for 360 friends and family were held at the Bryn Mawr spread of their mother, Carolyn. Ellen Smith's twin brother, Harry, who helps handle Will's business affairs, walked her partway down the aisle. Their father,Willard, walked her the rest of the way. The Smiths also have an older sister, Pam.

Smith and wife Jada Pinkett Smith took over a Center City penthouse Friday after flying in with kids Trey, 11, Jaden, 5, and Willow, 3, as well as Pinkett Smith's mother, Adrienne Banfield, and Will Smith's ex-wife, Sheree. Grandmom Smith packed her house with toys in anticipation of their arrival.

Also on the guest list were Shawn Stockman and Wanya Morris of Boyz II Men, and Will's old partner, "DJ Jazzy Jeff" Townes.

An attendee says no expense was spared. Under tight security, the couple exchanged vows at the gazebo on the 3.3-acre property, which Will Smith bought for his mom in 1997. (The Rev. Barry Lyons officiated and sang.) Grounds were festooned with calla lilies and orchids by Ten Pennies Florists & Decorators. The reception, whose menu featured salmon from Tuxedo Caterers, was held under huge tents erected on the tennis courts. Thurman Studios and GSP Video recorded the event. The beaded, ivory gown and tiara came from Suky Rosan.

Will Smith has something else going on in his hometown. In his 2000 film The Legend of Bagger Vance, he played a mystical caddie who helps a golfer get his swing back. Now Smith and Treyball Development, his company, want to help the city's 33d Street driving range get its swing back.

Treyball is one of two finalists - Synterra Ltd., run by Bill Wilson, a major contributor to Mayor Street, is the other - vying for the right to develop, manage and operate the Longknockers Driving Range near Reservoir Drive in East Fairmount Park, administered by the Fairmount Park Commission. The project, which might come in around $1 million, would include miniature golf, a clubhouse, and a chip-and-putt.

The commission's Dennis Waller says a decision should be made in about two weeks.

Thanx 4 that article. I love reading about family cuz it totally reminds u how Will really is, rather than seeing him all Hollywood at award shows and stuff. It sounds like the wedding waz relaxing and refreshing. It waz definitly great weather on the east coast this weeding so i'm sure Will + Jada loved getting away from it all.

I wonder of Jazzy Jeff and the fellas from Boyz II Men got along. I heard that while A Touch of Jazz has been working on their up-coming album, they stole his microwave. :roll:

thanks!!!i ilke to read these things....Will's ex-wife went to the wedding???? :confused: she must have a good relation with Will's family...it must be "weird" for Jada, she has to see her husband's ex-wife all the time....
Will wasn't a lot in Philly cause if the wedding was on saturday he was yesterday(sunday) shooting the movie again in NY....

Where have u been?!? Will's ex-wife Sheree is very close 2 Will + Jada and very involved in the kids' lives. When Jada and Will got serious, Jada made Will fix the problems between him and his ex-wife and ever since they've all gotten along. More people should take the advice Jada gave Will cuz they've accomplished something that shouldn't be, but often is impossible these days. After all, their situation is what their show All of Us is based off of.

• Admin
[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Jun 21 2004, 08:12 AM]I wonder of Jazzy Jeff and the fellas from Boyz II Men got along. I heard that while A Touch of Jazz has been working on their up-coming album, they stole his microwave. :roll:[/quote]
:kekeke: :kekeke:

hahaha ok AJ, thanks!! :roll:
I knew they got along but going to Will's sister wedding is a different thing coz Will's sister is the one who says who she wants to go to her "big day"and if she was invited it must be because she has a good relation with Sheree.Get along with ur ex-husban and wife doesn't mean that his family still wants you in it, i hope you understand me now!!!! :kekeke: