JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Waiting for Party Starter Video

• Admin

Hey Guys I did some searching of this forum and Will premiered the Switch music video on TRL on February the 8th.. the song was officially released to US radio on February the 15th.. but it was sort of leaked a week earlier. the video and song actually hit the UK about Jan 29..

So we've basically gone about 7 months with Switch and no new single to promote Lost and Found.. The switch music video actually premiered the same time or before switch was released to radio so I say again..

Where is the Party Starter Music Video?

Will's going to shoot his next movie in about a week, so what a wasted opportunity this has been.. Will could have been out there the last month performing and promoting party starter.. pushing L&F to Platinum..

Now we are in the situation where Party Starter has taken so long to come out Will is gonna be busy filming and Lost and Found gets no more attention :stars:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Guys I did some searching of this forum and Will premiered the Switch music video on TRL on February the 8th.. the song was officially released to US radio on February the 15th.. but it was sort of leaked a week earlier.  the video and song actually hit the UK about Jan 29..

So we've basically gone about 7 months with Switch and no new single to promote Lost and Found.. The switch music video actually premiered the same time or before switch was released to radio so I say again..

Will's going to shoot his next movie in about a week, so what a wasted opportunity this has been.. Will could have been out there the last month performing and promoting party starter.. pushing L&F to Platinum..

Now we are in the situation where Party Starter has taken so long to come out Will is gonna be busy filming and Lost and Found gets no more attention  :stars:

yeah and the worst thing i am not so sure anymore about the tour......****

The album fell from #57 to #118 in just 3 weeks so even if "Party Starter" gets huge it'll be hard to get "Lost and Found" platinum right away but at least he'll have a shot, I have confidance it could turn around since it's starting to get more radioplay, btw it'd been easier if he toured when the album 1st came out instead of waiting until after "Pursuit Of Happiness", you usually tour when your album drops, but sometimes even that doesn't help sales but at least the true fans get to see you.

Hey Guys I did some searching of this forum and Will premiered the Switch music video on TRL on February the 8th.. the song was officially released to US radio on February the 15th.. but it was sort of leaked a week earlier.  the video and song actually hit the UK about Jan 29..

Now we are in the situation where Party Starter has taken so long to come out Will is gonna be busy filming and Lost and Found gets no more attention  :stars:

:word: I doubt that tour will happen!

:word: I doubt that tour will happen!

yeah i hope so too, but .... check that : http://jazzyjefffreshprince.com/forum/inde...opic=5476&st=10

and the mixmastermegan7 post :(

I heard they are gonna milk party starter for 2 years and release tell me why summer of 08  :smartass:

Yeah, but I also heard that his next album, "Found and Lost" should be coming out in '08 too... Putting together what you've heard and what I've heard, we can surmise that he's going to put "Tell Me Why" on that '08 album and release it. I also heard that he may be changing the name and theme of the song. From the latest rumors, he may call it, "Tell Me Why I Waited So Long to Release My Second Single." The theme is obvious. Granted it doesn't roll off the tongue, but hey... this is all bonus as someone put it sometime back.

Well it is a bonus that Will even wants to rap anymore, he could just say "f*** it, I'm gonna shoot movies, I don't want to be involved with that rap bull**** anymore", he's not 20 years old anymore, he has nothin' left to prove and he's a married man with kids that has millions of dollars in the bank, he hustles 'cause he wants to not 'cause he has to. There's no need to diss him for not tryin' to outsell everyone, if you wanna hear "Party Starter" just play your damn CD since you bought it, everyone sounds like a bunch of Lorettas, I'll be happy when the video comes out and if he tours I'll try to go as long as I can but if it doesn't happen life still goes on and that won't change my opinion of Will, he asked y'all "could u love me if my wrist ain't bling/if I wasn't on tv and i didn't sing", obviously y'all don't! :nhawong:

• Members

but hey... this is all bonus as someone put it sometime back.

That is like the third post in 2 days I saw you edit and add certain lines to start a fire. You just LOVE to provoke a certain individual, don't you? :3-laugh3:

What kills me is that I've seen Snoop release like 3 videos since the Switch video was first shown. THREE. Remember when we'd argue about movies slowing down Will's music career? Will knows it too, but he always gets pulled back in. He's a jack of all trades, but if he wants to be the master he's gotta concentrate more on one thing. I think he's spent plenty of time concentrating on movies, if he wants people to recongize and respect him as a rapper he's gotta spend more time on it.

But I also don't know Interscope's hand in all of this, I just have a feeling Will is too busy.

God Blessa!

Well if you put nearly 20 years in the game, selling over 30 million on 9 albums and people don't respect you, then they never will, what are the people dissin' him doing anyway? :interesting: It's like saying Jerry Rice has to make the Broncos this year or nobody will respect him anymore. I know I'd kill to be in that position myself, lol.

Edited by bigted