JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Waiting for Party Starter Video

Well if you put nearly 20 years in the game, selling over 30 million on 9 albums and people don't respect you, then they never will, what are the people dissin' him doing anyway?  :interesting: It's like saying Jerry Rice has to make the Broncos this year or nobody will respect him anymore.  I know I'd kill to be in that position myself, lol.

You're misunderstanding me. For a minute, forget all the haters. Think of the people that are neutral, the people that aren't fans because they've heard Switch enough and have moved on. Switch has really run it's course as a single.

Yeah, Will could easily say "screw it", but he doesn't want to, so I don't know why you're using this. He showed how much he missed it when the album first came out.

God Blessa!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but hey... this is all bonus as someone put it sometime back.

That is like the third post in 2 days I saw you edit and add certain lines to start a fire. You just LOVE to provoke a certain individual, don't you? :3-laugh3:

I edited to fix the spelling on the word may... I had it as nay before. The "bonus" thing was in there before. I try to provoke without editing, lol.

• Members

I edited to fix the spelling on the word may... I had it as nay before. The "bonus" thing was in there before. I try to provoke without editing, lol.

Aah, but the other two in the stickies were totally a different story. :lolsign: Anywho, let's just hope Party Starter video gets released as soon as possible. :dope:

In conclusion and in summary, until this video drops, the JJFP fan board will continue to look a little like this...

:tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: :davidblaine: :tantrum: :tantrum:

(who's the calm guy?)

Edited by scyhigh99

• Members

In conclusion and in summary, until this video drops, the JJFP fan board will continue to look a little like this...

:tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:  :davidblaine:  :tantrum:  :tantrum:

(who's the calm guy?)

Me. :azzangel:

Well it is a bonus that Will even wants to rap anymore, he could just say "f*** it, I'm gonna shoot movies, I don't want to be involved with that rap bull**** anymore", he's not 20 years old anymore, he has nothin' left to prove and he's a married man with kids that has millions of dollars in the bank, he hustles 'cause he wants to not 'cause he has to. There's no need to diss him for not tryin' to outsell everyone, if you wanna hear "Party Starter" just play your damn CD since you bought it, everyone sounds like a bunch of Lorettas, I'll be happy when the video comes out and if he tours I'll try to go as long as I can but if it doesn't happen life still goes on and that won't change my opinion of Will, he asked y'all "could u love me if my wrist ain't bling/if I wasn't on tv and i didn't sing", obviously y'all don't!  :nhawong:

Amen!

Aah, but the other two in the stickies were totally a different story. :lolsign: Anywho, let's just hope Party Starter video gets released as soon as possible. :dope:

Which other two stickies?

all i can say is that i don't even care about Will's video. i try to be a big fan but when he just sleeps on sh!t like this i don't even care anymore. i've lost interest in the PS video... i don't even care about sales anymore.

i'm gonna go download NWA's greatest hits album now... i'm feelin their music

all i can say is that i don't even care about Will's video. i try to be a big fan but when he just sleeps on sh!t like this i don't even care anymore. i've lost interest in the PS video... i don't even care about sales anymore.

Lol, stop playing, you know you care... But I can understand it can be frustrating... Just hold on... about one more week... most likely even less... :ithinkimkanye:

I heard they are gonna milk party starter for 2 years and release tell me why summer of 08  :smartass:

Yeah, but I also heard that his next album, "Found and Lost" should be coming out in '08 too... Putting together what you've heard and what I've heard, we can surmise that he's going to put "Tell Me Why" on that '08 album and release it. I also heard that he may be changing the name and theme of the song. From the latest rumors, he may call it, "Tell Me Why I Waited So Long to Release My Second Single." The theme is obvious. Granted it doesn't roll off the tongue, but hey... this is all bonus as someone put it sometime back.

Well it is a bonus that Will even wants to rap anymore, he could just say "f*** it, I'm gonna shoot movies, I don't want to be involved with that rap bull**** anymore", he's not 20 years old anymore, he has nothin' left to prove and he's a married man with kids that has millions of dollars in the bank, he hustles 'cause he wants to not 'cause he has to. There's no need to diss him for not tryin' to outsell everyone, if you wanna hear "Party Starter" just play your damn CD since you bought it, everyone sounds like a bunch of Lorettas, I'll be happy when the video comes out and if he tours I'll try to go as long as I can but if it doesn't happen life still goes on and that won't change my opinion of Will, he asked y'all "could u love me if my wrist ain't bling/if I wasn't on tv and i didn't sing", obviously y'all don't! :nhawong:

I think the reason everyone seems to be so on edge is that we're on 5 full months between singles, the album is at 118 and the video and single that would have most likely helped the album, the one that was supposed to be released about a month and a half ago, won't be coming out for some people until September or October. People were excited about Lost and Found when it came out Ted. It was and still is a great album. People aren't acting like a bunch of Lorettas... they're acting like fans who want to see Will do well and who want to see his projects do well. Maybe you've become too jaded to care, but most of us still do. Like it or not, fans aren't going to be happy when an album plummets and singles are delayed, especially when there's no reason for those things to happen.

:lolsign: So when was the last time they released an album? Ice Cube only makes movies now and doesn't even make albums anymore either. Will's doing a lot more and is a lot more popular than a lot of mcs that came out when he did and he's the greatest entertainer of our generation, he's done 9 quality albums, what more do you want? He just released the album for his hardcore fans and I don't think this'll be his last but I was just making the point that he's a legend already and he doesn't have to prove anything to anybody 'cause at the end of the day he's more successful than their favorite rapper. The video's gonna be comin' soon I'm sure since it hit radio already, mOOsa! :davidblaine: I get used to it since most of my favorite rappers don't sell anyway, lol, I just enjoy the music.

Edited by bigted

:lolsign: So when was the last time they released an album? Ice Cube only makes movies now and doesn't even make albums anymore either. Will's doing a lot more and is a lot more popular than a lot of mcs that came out when he did and he's the greatest entertainer of our generation, he's done 9 quality albums, what more do you want? He just released the album for his hardcore fans and I don't think this'll be his last but I was just making the point that he's a legend already and he doesn't have to prove anything to anybody 'cause at the end of the day he's more successful than their favorite rapper. The video's gonna be comin' soon I'm sure since it hit radio already, mOOsa! :davidblaine:

Once again..Amen!

Will's doing a lot more and is a lot more popular than a lot of mcs that came out when he did and he's the greatest entertainer of our generation, he's done 9 quality albums, what more do you want?

I just want Will and Interscope to release his singles in a timely fashion. I don't know about everyone else... that's just me. It's a bit challenging for Will. He is doing a lot of other things, but I can't imagine it being difficult to release a single and a video on time when they've been completed for about a month and a half.

I also don't think anyone can dispute that Lost and Found is a quality album and deserves to do better than it has done. I also don't believe that anyone can honestly dispute that Lost and Found can't do better than it has done to date. I feel that Party Starter is or was a piece of music that could propel Lost and Found forwards in terms of sales, but even more importantly, could bring back interest in the album and what it has to say about the state of hip hop.

I don't think it is too much to ask. I natuarally want Will's projects to succeed, but I was so impressed with the quality of work on Lost and Found that I wanted it to succeed even more so than others...