JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Party Starter 554 Spins #47 so far

Hero1

It's too slow of a climb for a second single, it should rise faster after the success of "Switch" there should be less resistance to the radio stations playing it like Tim once said earlier either on this thread or another thread, I'm too lazy to look back to quote but I remember him saying that but anyways it's not making any impact, I keep listening to Hot 97 that plays hip-hop for the tri-state area here on the East Coast once in a while to see if they're playing it but they ain't yet, it ain't even on their playlist, they didn't play "Swtich" either! :eusa_snooty: So far it seems like it's not making much of an impact.

Edited by bigted

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a number of reasons it's climbing slowly: no video, no promotion, it's coming out very very late, the album has all but fallen off the charts... people, in general, have lost interest in the album and it's subsequent singles... Even some people on this forum have gotten to that "I don't care" level... With all these things taken into account, one can argue that the single is doing relatively well, but relatively well is not good enough. Questions arise. Why is there no video? Why is there no promotion? Why is the single coming out so late? Why has the album pretty much fallen off the charts...

There are a number of reasons it's climbing slowly: no video, no promotion, it's coming out very very late, the album has all but fallen off the charts... people, in general, have lost interest in the album and it's subsequent singles... Even some people on this forum have gotten to that "I don't care" level... With all these things taken into account, one can argue that the single is doing relatively well, but relatively well is not good enough. Questions arise. Why is there no video? Why is there no promotion? Why is the single coming out so late? Why has the album pretty much fallen off the charts...

Maybe Interscope has given up in promoting the album, btw I notice "Switch" has fallen to #45 this week, maybe by next week "Party Starter" will pass it and be in the top 40, but looks like even if that happens it doesn't matter at this point, Will can't go out and perform the song right now anyway since he's shootin' "Pursuit Of Happiness", it's been up to Interscope to release this video and they haven't done it, the album's fallen to a point where nothin' could save it, I just hope that "Tell Me Why" comes out so Will could get credability for that great song and I think that's more important than just going double platinum with party singles.

• Admin

you know we have the power to change all this.. you know when the party starter video comes out im gonna spend 24 hours voting for it on bet..because I know that the day PS video comes out is the most critical day of lost and founds success.. if we can get the video on trl and 106 & park we can reverse everything that interscope has done or hasnt done i should say

Yeah, the promotion does need to be better for the success of the song and the album, but once the video drops, we really gotta vote for it, a lot.

you know we have the power to change all this.. you know when the party starter video comes out im gonna spend 24 hours voting for it on bet..because I know that the day PS video comes out is the most critical day of lost and founds success.. if we can get the video on trl and 106 & park we can reverse everything that interscope has done or hasnt done i should say

I'm down... Who's with us?

I'm with it, and with my new sweet internet connection here at UConn, no more 28 K like at home, I'll be able to do it with ease.

I'm down too, in order to vote many times for TRL throw in your ex-girlfriend/boyfriend/even neighbors' names. :lolsign:

• Members

I think #56 is pretty good considering there is no video and no promotions. Once the video comes out this Sunday, the single should move up the charts. As soon is that video comes out, we all need to go and vote for it at MTV.com and BET.com. Do it for Will! If this album tanks, the label drops him, and I don't know about you, but I want to keep him around.

Well whoever has been promoting "Lost and Found" deserves to be fired! :ShockRifle: F Interscope, Will could go to another record label or even start his own label since he has so much money, 30 million+ sold and he's the #1 man in the box office, there's no need to worry about his career ending anytime soon, I think "Lost and Found" will go platinum easily if "Party Starter"'s a flashy video than "Switch", it should've been the first single to start out with and it'd gone platinum in the 1st month, "Switch" should've been the last single.

yeah im voting in my hundreds for this. We need to organise a date for a mass voting session. We can post over at willsmith.com and bump up the post and get them to vote.

I think we should do it soon after the video premier bcoz at least then it might have a few votes anyway from the huge audience of the vma's.

Im not stopping until this gets to TRL! Running and reading folks lol, no matter how much your finger hurts from clicking your mouse, u have to carry on.