JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

lost and found bonus tracks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay if I'm prepared to drop if u cant dance then u gotta drop "wave em off" then get rid of the two switch remixes and we have a flawless album  :smartass:

:iagree: If you cut the album to 10 tracks it'd be perfect! But Will has always had haters call him pop too no matter what he does even back when he released "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble", when you're on top who doesn't have haters? The majority of people who buy albums are pop fans, every platinum rapper has a pop fanbase 'cause they're popular, if you only have a hip-hop fanbase you won't sell much! Will does have as much respect as he does hate, but like I said before now peeps that sell the most don't always get the most respect in hip-hop, respect doesn't always equal sales, especially now, 50 Cent ain't that respected in hip-hop when he gets more hate than love, so even if Will gains more respect for releasing "Tell Me Why" that doesn't mean he'll sell 10 million all of a sudden.

Edited by bigted

Okay if I'm prepared to drop if u cant dance then u gotta drop "wave em off" then get rid of the two switch remixes and we have a flawless album  :smartass:

:iagree: If you cut the album to 10 tracks it'd be perfect! But Will has always had haters call him pop too no matter what he does even back when he released "Girls Ain't Nothin' But Trouble", when you're on top who doesn't have haters? The majority of people who buy albums are pop fans, every platinum rapper has a pop fanbase 'cause they're popular, if you only have a hip-hop fanbase you won't sell much! Will does have as much respect as he does hate, but like I said before now peeps that sell the most don't always get the most respect in hip-hop, respect doesn't always equal sales, especially now, 50 Cent ain't that respected in hip-hop when he gets more hate than love, so even if Will gains more respect for releasing "Tell Me Why" that doesn't mean he'll sell 10 million all of a sudden.

I'm not sure where talk of sales comes in... We're talking about the respect he gets for the music he makes.

If we're complaining about the lack of respect he gets in the business, but at the same time, we're advocating If You Can't Dance as a single... we probably shouldn't wonder why he doesn't get much respect, and we probably shouldn't be complaining.

It's one thing to have haters, but it's a completely different thing to provide your haters with reason to hate on you. "Hey, I already have haters, so I'm going to put out this wack single anyway." That's not sound logic in the music business.

Maxfly If you cant dance is one of those fun tracks.. you cant be serious all the time.. I think it was a neccesary track to balance out the album.. Coming to the stage is more of a hyped up track.. I think If U cant dance is pretty funny and fun.. I dont think it should be a video or single, but I still think it deserves its place on the album  :yeah:

:word: if u can't dance is a fun track. some people like it like me (cuz i cant dance so i can relate to it) and it sounds similar to JJFP tracks like Dumb Dancin. some people don't like it. i don't think it's a single, and it's nowhere near the top 5. that being said, i like it more than Could U Love Me and Mr. Niceguy and Switch. i think it serves it's purpose well. the only thing i'd like to be taken off of the album would be at least 1 of the Switch remixes. even tho some of the other tracks arent my favs, the album just wouldn't be the same without them on it.

I think "If U Can't Dance (Slide)" is one of my top favs now....and has been for months.  It's the most JJ+FP track on the album.  The beat is great.  At 1st i thought it waz average, but now i love it.  The lyrics and flow are totally on point.  The song is loaded with FP style lyrics...the comedy, the cleverness, the cockyness.

:iagree:

I'd much rather have a big album with a few tracks lacking in quality alittle than a shorter album of just killers, who cares if it breaks the album up abit people still want valeu for money at the end of the day.

• Members

I believe that the removal of "If You Can't Dance" and the addition of "Coming to the Stage" would have made the album better...

No way!!! :mygod: "If You Can't Dance" is one of the best tracks of the album. :wickedwisdom: Whenever I play the CD I keep "If You Can't Dance" and "Pump Ya Brakes" in repeat play because they are the two best tracks of the album! :yeah: So there, Maxi! :jada: And some more words to try out some new smilies! :ninja: :nhawong: :ithinkimkanye: :ShockRifle: :eusa_snooty:

I believe that the removal of "If You Can't Dance" and the addition of "Coming to the Stage" would have made the album better...

No way!!! :mygod: "If You Can't Dance" is one of the best tracks of the album. :wickedwisdom: Whenever I play the CD I keep "If You Can't Dance" and "Pump Ya Brakes" in repeat play because they are the two best tracks of the album! :yeah: So there, Maxi! :jada: And some more words to try out some new smilies! :ninja: :nhawong: :ithinkimkanye: :ShockRifle: :eusa_snooty:

Chill out with the smileys.. looks like las vegas strip up in this.

That's too bad. I guess you wouldn't have anything to listen to on Lost and Found if those tracks weren't on it...

I can live with that... :dope:

Edited by MaxFly

Edited by bigted

I'm not sure where talk of sales comes in... We're talking about the respect he gets for the music he makes.

If we're complaining about the lack of respect he gets in the business, but at the same time, we're advocating If You Can't Dance as a single... we probably shouldn't wonder why he doesn't get much respect, and we probably shouldn't be complaining.

It's one thing to have haters, but it's a completely different thing to provide your haters with reason to hate on you. "Hey, I already have haters, so I'm going to put out this wack single anyway." That's not sound logic in the music business.

everyone has stereotypes, some follow the stereotype while others try hard to oppose it. people like 50 cent will only cause more people to believe that stereotype while Will Smith opposes it and tries to make people see that Black people are not all "gangstas" and ignorant, there doctors, nurses, ceo's, lawyers, etc... Will Smith is trying to show this through his music, with "i wish i made that" he says that not all black people have to be hard, have to be drug dealers, have to steal stuff in order to be black. And all the people who say they had no choice are just ignorant, they just took the easy road of selling drugs, getting high and didnt try hard to get to the other side.

The only reason Will gets discredited and dissrespected, is because of the ignorance people display that black people can only rhyme about cash, cars, hoes and drugs, and anything else is unacceptable. 50 cent and Company complain about these injustices, but arent doing anything to change it, they always glorify street life and then turn around and say that they are always picked on by authorities and blah blah blah blah. And then someone comes and rhymes about family, life on the other side of the tracks and then all of a sudden they are candy rappers, pop rappers, etc...

the rap game is full of contradictions and bad reviewers dont do anybody any good. so there, thats my two cents.