JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

lost and found bonus tracks

"If You Can't Dance" is a classic JJFP type track to me, it's a fun track and Will rips the flow, if you hate that you must hate ol' school hip-hop, that'd made a better single than "Switch", this shoulda been a double album since we had to wait so long for it, hopefully one day all the unreleased tracks'll be released, especially the ones with Jazzy.

Come on Ted, be fair... you know that that is a broad generalization...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The US gets what i like 2 call the artist's version of the album. Of course label's have a hand in how the album turns out, but the US versions are "the album" the way the artist wanted it for the most part. All those import versions have the bonus stuff for marketing. The aritst pretty much never has any say in the bonus trax that end up on the album.

well damn yeah i'd like 2 see them on there. i can't believe some people dislike We Won't. that might be one of my favorites on the album. i can understand if the chorus and the "drummy drum" gets old, but Will totally rips the verses!!! if u can't dance is also great, but it's gotten old on me. wave em off has totally grown on me. i still don't like the beat 2 much or the singing, but i like the lyrics a lot!

• Admin

lyrically he's basing his flow on an old skool UTFO cut roxanne.. So I dont knwo what you want.. I think its pretty kool.. and the concept is pretty funny.. maybe he could have used this for the hitch soundtrack and replaced it with coming to the stage

"Wave 'Em Off" had dope verses but the beat and singing were annoying, "Scary Story" has dope lyrics too but it just seems too boring compared to the other tracks, and I think "If U Can't Dance" is definately superior compared to "Switch", which is fun too but doesn't display much of Will's skill at all, I wouldn't mind if there was a video to that 'cause the Pussycat Dolls are sexy too lol, but let's compare "If U Can't Dance" to "Switch, how could you call these lyrics wack?:

"She thought my name was Billy, I told her it was Willie

She said she watch my TV show & I was very silly

Told her I was from Philly she looked at me said, ‘Really?’

& judging from her t-shirt, I could tell that she was chilly

So I gave her my sweater, she said her name was Etta

She said she come from Cuba and she just had bought a Jetta

She said she was glad I met her, let’s go somewhere together

She said she’d ride in my car cause she knew that it was better

The conversation cookin’, attention getting’ tookin’

My Spidey senses tinglin’, I felt somebody lookin’

Now who this brotha lookin’, & now he runnin’, bookin’

I’m mad I’m like a fisherman, I almost had my hook in

I figured I should get up & quickly clear my head up,

Cause Etta got a man & I’m feelin’ kinda set-up

Now Dude was really fed up & yo, he wouldn’t let up

Homey if I hit you, you might never ever get up

Now he was not a dancer, plus he wasn’t handsome

Comin’ like Mel Gibson, like I had his girl for ransom

Yo, Pedro wanna go out side, yo amigo, tranquillo… slide"

Look how simple this is now:

"Uh uh uh

I gotta question, I need to ask somebody

Why is it that when y'all see me at the party

Y'all be looking like 'Ooo he a movie star

He ain't supposed to be out on the floor with everybody'

But oh wait, whoa y'all forgetting

When I was, amateur spitting before the scripts were written

First one in, last one out the club

Bursting in, passing out in the club

Back at it, this cat is the wit and the charm

Taking you higher like a syringe hittin ya arm

Bringing the fire, making you Benz ring the alarm

Let me see you clap, spin baby come on

Switch!"

Bonus tracks on international versions usually occur when the industry wants fans to wait for their version to be released cos its better than hte US version or whatever thats already out. However in this case L&F was released the same time everywhere or pretty much so it was a weird decision.

AJ, on this one i don't think Will wanted the album like this. When it comes down to it the labels pick the tracks to release, depending on the deal of course, but i couldnt see Will really wanting 3 versions of Switch on one album :3-laugh3:

"Wave 'Em Off" had dope verses but the beat and singing were annoying, "Scary Story" has dope lyrics too but it just seems too boring compared to the other tracks, and I think "If U Can't Dance" is definately superior compared to "Switch", which is fun too but doesn't display much of Will's skill at all, I wouldn't mind if there was a video to that 'cause the Pussycat Dolls are sexy too lol, but let's compare "If U Can't Dance" to "Switch, how could you call these lyrics wack?:

"She thought my name was Billy, I told her it was Willie

She said she watch my TV show & I was very silly

Told her I was from Philly she looked at me said, ‘Really?’

& judging from her t-shirt, I could tell that she was chilly

So I gave her my sweater, she said her name was Etta

She said she come from Cuba and she just had bought a Jetta

She said she was glad I met her, let’s go somewhere together

She said she’d ride in my car cause she knew that it was better

The conversation cookin’, attention getting’ tookin’

My Spidey senses tinglin’, I felt somebody lookin’

Now who this brotha lookin’, & now he runnin’, bookin’

I’m mad I’m like a fisherman, I almost had my hook in

I figured I should get up & quickly clear my head up,

Cause Etta got a man & I’m feelin’ kinda set-up

Now Dude was really fed up & yo, he wouldn’t let up

Homey if I hit you, you might never ever get up

Now he was not a dancer, plus he wasn’t handsome

Comin’ like Mel Gibson, like I had his girl for ransom

Yo, Pedro wanna go out side, yo amigo, tranquillo… slide"

Look how simple this is now:

"Uh uh uh

I gotta question, I need to ask somebody

Why is it that when y'all see me at the party

Y'all be looking like 'Ooo he a movie star

He ain't supposed to be out on the floor with everybody'

But oh wait, whoa y'all forgetting

When I was, amateur spitting before the scripts were written

First one in, last one out the club

Bursting in, passing out in the club

Back at it, this cat is the wit and the charm

Taking you higher like a syringe hittin ya arm

Bringing the fire, making you Benz ring the alarm

Let me see you clap, spin baby come on

Switch!"

Never said that Switch was lyrically superior... The beat is very danceable however...

Speaking of beats, I really like the eclectic sound of Wave 'Em Off. It's different and I think it fits his flow well, not just the lyrics, but the way the lyrics roll with the beat. It's just a different sound for Will and I think he does a good job with it.

Some of you aren't feeling the singing in Wave 'Em Off... I'm not feeling the singing in If You Can't Dance... lets agree to disagree...

My opinion:

Take off: Switch, If u can't dance

If u can't dance beat is copy of several timbaland beats. So extremely unoriginal.

Wave em off beat os ol school, it's fun and light. Will flows really good on it. And lyrically it's superior if u can't dance.

big ted:

"if you hate that you must hate ol' school hip-hop"

SO sick and tired of that. Whats so good with paying homage to roxanne, roxanne? Do it in a interview, not with a whole verse. He destroys the lyrics just so he can flow. the rhymes are simple anr booring, something that reminds me of things kids wrote when they just started rapping..

naah will..stick to the skills. Skip the paying homage in songs.

Switch feels unneccesary.. Partstarter would've done either better or atleast as good as switch.

After alot of weeks of L&F... I came to the conclusion that without switch and if u can't dance... this would be the best album 2005. Now it gets beaten by Common so far.

What's wrong with "If You Can't Dance"?  He's paying homage to "Roxanne Roxanne" with the fast ol' school flow, that's dope! I think "Scary Story", "Wave 'Em Off" and "Switch" are weaker than "If You Can't Dance".

Yeah that`s right!

But i think If YOu Can`T dance and Holly Roller are wack to..WEll that`s just me :ithinkimkanye:

i say dont take anything off, u can get away with a 20 song album if the artist wanted to, ive got a few CDs with that many songs on. You cant take "if u cant dance" off, that she thought my name was Billy part is one of my fave parts off the album.

"wave em off" is my least favourite track on the album but that is bcoz of the chorus and the beat.

But after hearing the 3 bonus tracks off lost and found it gets me wondering of what other songs we are missing out on since we nearly missed out on these.

After alot of weeks of L&F... I came to the conclusion that without switch and if u can't dance... this would be the best album 2005. Now it gets beaten by Common so far.

I don't know about that 'cause I think "Go!" is kinda boring, "If You Can't Dance" has more energy than "Go!" does and I don't think "BE" is Common's best album but that's a whole another discussion, if "Lost and Found" was shortened to about 10-12 tracks it'd be a perfect album like "Code Red", adding more brings up debate usually.