JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

lost and found bonus tracks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure why he didnt do this. it might be even possilbe there wasnt enough room on the cd and he would have to have 2 discs.cause the cd is 15 songs (16 if your count the 2nd remix) and there are no skits. so thats alot of time.

What's wrong with "If You Can't Dance"? He's paying homage to "Roxanne Roxanne" with the fast ol' school flow, that's dope! I think "Scary Story", "Wave 'Em Off" and "Switch" are weaker than "If You Can't Dance".

First of all, I think Wave Em Off is a great track, it is not in the same category as Switch. Anyways, it would have been nice to release all those tracks on all the CD's, here in the US, we don't get any of that, and my internet connection is too slow to really download anything, so I haven't heard any of them.

take off:

wave em off

if u can't dance

put on:

comin to the stage

that other kwame song or a song he did w/ Kanye

Switch was a lot of fun and is a good song to just have fun to

if u cant dance is corny and cheesy

wave em off gets irratating cause the background vocals have a whiney effect

"If You Can't Dance" is a classic JJFP type track to me, it's a fun track and Will rips the flow, if you hate that you must hate ol' school hip-hop, that'd made a better single than "Switch", this shoulda been a double album since we had to wait so long for it, hopefully one day all the unreleased tracks'll be released, especially the ones with Jazzy.

First of all, I think Wave Em Off is a great track, it is not in the same category as Switch.  Anyways, it would have been nice to release all those tracks on all the CD's, here in the US, we don't get any of that, and my internet connection is too slow to really download anything, so I haven't heard any of them.

I have to agree that Wave 'em off is a great track. The lyrics are far superior to If You Can't Dance as well as Switch...

From a distance, you can witness

The glow from my entourage

Gravitate towards the ambiance

and

Coming of age I invaded nations

On stage, I seen Haitian & Asian faces.

No vacations just more locations

I go places, so chasing my vocation.

I think the reason that there's not too much love for Wave 'em off is the chorus and the singing, and to an extent, the beat... But hey, to each their own...

Incidentally, if I were to be stranded on an island with a choice between If You Can't Dance and Scary Story... Scary Story with no hesitation... Switch and If You Can't Dance... Switch...

We Won't is the only song in the Lost and Found era that If You Can't Dance would beat out... And that's saying a lot...

Edited by MaxFly