JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

This weeks sales as usual

If L&F doesn't make it this week it's gonna be the last updated thread on sales until he hopefully and probably gets back in later with new singles released. Chea!

The real soundscan comes up wednesday/thursday with the precise figures.

Finals in.. Will is as expected not in it. We'll have to wait til tomorrow to get the numbers.

Edited by Frenetic

I was hoping R. Kelly would sell a couple million, commercial r&b's even worse than hip-hop believe or not, nobody's buying Vivian Green's album, it's an embarassment for hip-hop seeing skillless rappers sell so much, Bow Wow might be the most talented out of the group which isn't saying much, even Fat Joe deserves to sell more even though I hate that song with Nelly, he should release an aggressive single and show his skills 'cause he could bring the lyrics from time to time unlike most commercial rappers.

Edited by bigted

• Members

heres something i dont get...

on this board there are a lot of people talking bad bout other 'commercial' rappers like 50 cent and G-unit, even Fat Joe's new single with nelly. however, it is rappers like 50 that are introducing newer and diffferent fans to hip hop.

if it wasn't for Will's party music, and 50's club bangers, i mite never of brought LL Cool J, Dr Dre and Busta Rhymes.

admittedly they arent the most intelligent of rap songs, but they are still good.

i know everyone has an opinion...but it just bugs me sometimes when theres a lot of hating going on!

Edited by Soobzilla

Hey I'm mad that the ones who worked hard to help bring hip-hop to the masses like Will Smith and Public Enemy can't even get airplay now, it's cool for new cats to get airplay but we can't forget the ol' school mcs that're still out there, 50 Cent and Kanye West can never do what they've done hate 'em or love 'em you gotta recognize that, they're pioneers, people need to start respecting them more!

Edited by bigted

• Members

Hey I'm mad that the ones who worked hard to help bring hip-hop to the masses like Will Smith and Public Enemy can't even get airplay now, it's cool for new cats to get airplay but we can't forget the ol' school mcs that're still out there, 50 Cent and Kanye West can never do what they've done hate 'em or love 'em you gotta recognize that, they're pioneers, people need to start respecting them more!

hey man i cant agree with you more...but its when people begin to hate on these rappers which dont deserve it. rappers like 50 cent are overated but at the same time, i dont hate him or his music for it.

here's the problem, 50 isn't introducing people to hip-hop as u claim, he's introducing them 2 gnagsta rap. he introducing them 2 a world of his so-called shooting and bullet proof vests. i don't know how 50 cent can influence you to buy LL Cool J, cuz they make music on different ends of the rap spectrum.

• Members

here's the problem, 50 isn't introducing people to hip-hop as u claim, he's introducing them 2 gnagsta rap. he introducing them 2 a world of his so-called shooting and bullet proof vests. i don't know how 50 cent can influence you to buy LL Cool J, cuz they make music on different ends of the rap spectrum.

i was influenced by Wills music to buy those particular CD's of LL, Dre and Busta. Will and Dr Dre are on completely different ends of the rap spectrum but i like them both. that was the point, will's easy going music got me into the rap thing (back in the 90's when i 5/6yrs, i didnt start buying CD's till i got a job much later-10yrs- so i got into other rap a lot later), from here my interest grew, and slowly i began listening to other mor intellectual artist, aswell as commercial

abou 50 only rapping bout the same thing is the reason why i didn't buy his new album, even though i liked the singles, its all the same. however, he isnt trying to rap about something he isn't, he has glorified it but it isnt lies like other rappers

Now if there was more opened minded hip-hop fans like you, hip-hop would be much better right now!

• Members

Now if there was more opened minded hip-hop fans like you, hip-hop would be much better right now!

So that means you would start listening to 50 Cent/G-Unit from now on? :lolsign:

Well I give them a listen but they just don't appeal to me, I just don't hate them without giving them a listen, I don't think it's fair for 50 Cent to diss everybody either, in all fairness he needs to be open minded too, not everybody's gonna like Will Smith either but they should at least give him a listen before they say they don't like him just 'cause somebody else told them they don't like him, but I think there's a lot of people out there that don't give something a listen and just diss 'em, lol. I mean I turn on the radio and I hear them playing 50 Cent all the time and that's boring to me, there should be balance, the people that're 50 Cent fans could listen to the CD, they don't have to play it all day, it'd get boring for some if they played Will all day too.

With 82% in the only thing worth commenting is that ludacris is going up with his red light distric selling probably over 23k in finals. Jay Leno and hustle & flow did good for him.

Will still ain't in.

With 82% in the only thing worth commenting is that ludacris is going up with his red light distric selling probably over 23k in finals. Jay Leno and hustle & flow did good for him.

Will still ain't in.

Luda's album came out last december too, so it's been out for a while. So it might take a while for the sales of L&F to rise too, since it's only been out for about 4 months.