JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

I can't see there being a problem

and all I got to add to what Kev said >>> is :word: :metoo: I'm feelin that 110%... I hope Will does his thing with this, so we can see whose bubble bursts...

All I am is just a fan who wants 2 see his album suceed ... ain't got nothing to do with anyone's bubbles being burst,..its all about confidence and support...

GO WILL!!! You can do this!!! :smart:

peace,

cookie

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't make that much of a difference if Will sells 1.5 or 2.5 million, the most important thing is these songs gettin' released and his peers giving him more respect in the hip-hop game for all he's accomplished and still is accomplishing, even though he doesn't have parental advisory label like 99.9% of rappers doesn't mean that he should be pushed aside and be called soft, he was there with Run-DMC and Public Enemy to open the door for Nas, Jigga, Pac, and Biggie and is still relevant in hip-hop today so he deserves that kinda respect! btw, R. Kelly's the only creative head in r&b right now so I wouldn't diss him, you must not like r&b if you don't like him, I'd use 50 Cent as an example for wack artists sellin' 'cause he doesn't have much creativity in his mind makin' songs that're irrelevant and sellin' 4 million is an embarassment for music.

• Members

Multi-platinum? Doubtful. :hmm: Platinum? Guaran-damn-tee if he releases 2 more singles after Tell Me Why. :2thumbs:

Edited by Bracesup

Multi-platinum? Doubtful. :hmm:  Platinum? Guaran-damn-tee if he releases 2 more singles after Tell Me Why. :2thumbs:

Platinum is all but guranteed anyway no questions. I very much doubt we'll get 2 more singles after Tell Me Why whatever the situation. One at most.

Overall, the promotion for this album has been pretty weak, I don't understand why they are waiting so long to release Party Starter, mid-June to early July was the time frame I was looking for, and its gonna be over a month after that. Multiplatinum is a bit of a longshot, but if PS and Tell Me Why really take off, you never know.

and all I got to add to what Kev said >>> is  :word:    :metoo: I'm feelin that 110%...  I hope Will does his thing with this, so we can see whose bubble bursts...

All I am is just a fan who wants 2 see his album suceed ... ain't got nothing to do with anyone's bubbles being burst,..its all about confidence and support...

GO WILL!!! You can do this!!!  :smart:

peace,

cookie

I'm a fan too... but why put you expectations too high? This ain't 1999 no more.

Hopefully will will do 5 mill sold. I hope he does it cause he deserves it.

But since when did the world become so nice that it do anything for you that you deserve?

Your quite a patronising person aren't you Frenetic.

Whats wrong with wishful thinking? Nothing wrong with abit of hope. You need to realise that glass isn't half empty my friend, be positive.

Well if you look all the things Will has accomplished in his career, it wouldn't be impossible to see this album hitting the top 10, possibly even #1 if miracles happen, we're not talking about Common here, Will's one of the most popular mcs of all time with over 30 million sold already.

i gotta say i'm Frenetic with this one. u can call urself a realist or whatever, but Frenetic is keepin it more real than the rest of y'all! :lolsign: hey, we are bein negative in a way, but that's part of bein a fan and wanting nothing but the best for Will. face it, Will/Interscope has already screwed up, and that dissapoints us as fans. what if PS was released 3 weeks ago when it shoulda been, instead of sales in the 17-22k range 4 the last 3 weeks, what would sales be like? what would his total look like now? it would be a lot better thats 4 sho! i'm sorry all u warm and fuzzies think that L&F will go multiplat, but it won't unless interscope somehow gets off their ass right now and releases party starter now, and tell me why in late sept/oct and even a 4th or 5th single while the people r still interested in Will's album.

i have a question: how long does it take b4 the population is no longer interested in an album? like let's say that TMW doesn't come out until next January, will the general population even care anymore about Will's album? with an artist like Will, how long do u think it takes where people will no longer buy his album, no matter what single is released, just because it's old and people ain't buying it?

Well I think people in '97 thought that Will's career was dead in rapping 'cause he didn't release an album in 4 years and "Code Red" only sold 200,000 copies but then he went on to sell 12 million with "Big Willie Style" but back then there was more diversity in rap than now, only gangsta rappers sell now but Will could pull against the odds 'cause he did it before and he could do it again! :jazzy:

I agree w/ reborn that they have already screwed up the promotion. However, I still believe there is time to recover and go multiplatinum.

I agree with kevs opening post. I dont think that the promo is as bad as ppl are making out. Ok if it was me i would have ps out now BUT i was only starting to want it out a few weeks ago. The singles are following a similar pattern to bws, i know that was a long time ago but i honestly believe that releasing stuff slowely over time can still work.

Even if it doesnt, the album is so damn good it can do well without decent promotion. I mean a lot of ppl doubted switch, some fans, all radio, most video channels, now its one of Wills biggest hits.

Being a fan of Will is good, bcoz i know that he will never lose, if his album doesnt do well hes gonna do everything he can to make it sell. Thats why after a career low with b2r he came back with lost and found and got his swagger back.

Basically, ive learnt over time, never doubt Will. I have every faith in him and this album.

I dont know what to think but anyway I really believe in Will, but if there is any weaknesses, then its his way of promote it. Sure its Interscopes work, but Will chosed Interscope and he could get a lot more promotion if he really tried. What I've heard, this used to be a problem also back in the past, and im not talking Born To Reign, im talking Code Red.

I just believe that it's best not to set expectations at this point... if you guys remember, we talked about the album selling 4x when it leaked, now people are talking about 2x. Soon, people will be saying that album sales don't matter.

When Switch was released, Will mentioned that it would be the anesthesia before the real thing. Suffice to say, we should be in surgery by now, and the anesthesia wore out in June.

Even with the milking of Switch thing... I have to stress that a single from an album exists primarily for the purpose of promoting the album, not as a stand-alone piece of music. When it becomes apparent that the single no longer helps the album, it's time to introduce a new single. Singles aren't supposed to be milked just for their success, but rather, to lend success to the album as well. With a singles success comes increased interest in the album, but look at album sales and tell me if that was the case...

You guys have to admit that 5 months is a very long time between singles regardless of how optimistic you are, especially as this is the second single. Even 4 months is pretty long. I don't think is pessimistic to say that interscope has dropped the ball on this, and I won't provide excuses for them.

Come on guys, Will just did the Live 8 with millions of people watching, and his album sales went down.

I think it's safe to say that the album hasn't done as well as it should have done by this point and that things have to change in order for things to pick up.

Party Starter would be nice.

Of course. ut Party Starter is different to Switch (however much people play it off as a similar club track). It will bring new fans to the album, not as much as opening weeks sales but will up it to the 20k p/w on a longer term of consistancy.

Course album sales are down right now, the Switch and the proper Will fans own the album, the rest (The old fans, the curious, The HipHop heads, and the need abit more convincing) will come, if Interscope pull their thumbs out their arse.