Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New Kev Brown Album "I Do What I Do"

http://www.upabove.com/press_kev_idowhatido.html

Kev Brown

I Do What I Do

CD UPA1016-2

2xLP UPA1016-1

Street Date: 9.20.2005

Hailing from Landover, MD, Kev Brown has ascended the ranks of the underground to solidify himself as one of hip-hop’s most prolific and universally respected talents. While producing for a range of artists that include De La Soul, DJ Jazzy Jeff, and Jewel, it wasn’t until his remix work “The Brown Album,” the highlight of what became a billion homemade remixes of Jay-Z’s “The Black Album,” that Kev Brown captured the attention of the entire hip-hop community.

Paying homage to the true school while honing his own jazz-infused sound, Kev Brown has garnished a reputation as the “torch-bearer of the golden era.” Heavily influenced by renowned beatsmiths such as Pete Rock, Jay Dee, and DJ Premier, he continues to receive worldwide acclaim for his distinctive brand of grimy soul. And while Kev’s buttery-smooth production and laid-back vocals shine throughout the album, the project also features a host of guests spots from Critically Acclaimed, Cy Young, Grap Luva, Oddisee, Phonte (of Little Brother), Kenn Starr, Kronkite, Wayna, and Eric Roberson.

After numerous collaborations and a host of buzzworthy 12-inches, Kev Brown now steps forward with his debut solo album aptly-titled “I Do What I Do.” This forthcoming project guarantees to have the entire hip-hop world taking notice.

1. INTRO

2. ALONE AGAIN

3. SAY SUMTHIN--feat. kenn starr and quartermaine

4. OUTSIDE LOOKIN IN--feat. cy young

5. WORK IN PROGRESS

6. STRUGGLA'S THEME--feat. grap luva

7. BEATS N' RHYMES--feat. phonte and oddisee

8. HENNESSEY PT. 1--feat. kenn starr

9. HENNESSEY PT. 2--feat chronkite, eric roberson and wayna

10. KEEP ON--feat. cy young

11. HOLD FAST

12. ALBANY