JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

who rocked at Live 8

• Admin

* Will Smith - Or, should I say - DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince? Maybe it was appropriate that Smith entered on a throne to the sound of "The Champ is Here" (from his movie "Ali") because when all was said and done for Live 8, Smith was exactly that - the best performer of them all. Smith performed four songs, and with each, he brought the crowd to a new level of frenzy that no one thought possible moments before.

Smith provided the most memorable musical moment of Live 8 when he had the entire crowd sing the theme song to his '90s sitcom "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." Everyone sang the song. I mean everyone. Smith didn't have to sing a word. He just stood on the stage, looked out over the crowd and smiled. He knew what was happening was something historic, and just let it be. The sound of 500,000 people singing will always be in my mind that's for sure, and probably everyone else's as well.

Then, to wrap up a tremendous set, Smith finished with "Summertime," another mega-hit that had a Philly flavor.

Smith did his hometown proud - and stole the show. A-plus.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=167...3&PAG=461&rfi=9

* Will Smith - Or, should I say - DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince? Maybe it was appropriate that Smith entered on a throne to the sound of "The Champ is Here" (from his movie "Ali") because when all was said and done for Live 8, Smith was exactly that - the best performer of them all. Smith performed four songs, and with each, he brought the crowd to a new level of frenzy that no one thought possible moments before.

Smith provided the most memorable musical moment of Live 8 when he had the entire crowd sing the theme song to his '90s sitcom "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air." Everyone sang the song. I mean everyone. Smith didn't have to sing a word. He just stood on the stage, looked out over the crowd and smiled. He knew what was happening was something historic, and just let it be. The sound of 500,000 people singing will always be in my mind that's for sure, and probably everyone else's as well.

Then, to wrap up a tremendous set, Smith finished with "Summertime," another mega-hit that had a Philly flavor.

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=167...3&PAG=461&rfi=9

Man that is great!

It`ss realy the truth.. :1-say-yes:

man...that was a good review... I can't wait to see a recording of the show. DAG. too bad I was there and missed it. But I could tell by the crowd.. that Will n JJ rocked the crowd!!! I think I counted almost a million ppl lmbo... j/kiddN

peace,

cookie

Good review! But i hadnt got the feeling that really everybody was singing along the theme. The ppl in the front were the only waving with their hands. the most of the other ppl were just nodding with their head. i mean, nobody sang along with gettin jiggy in the refrain.

...Will had a lot better performances than that.

I dont get it why everybody is hyping up that performance. it wasnt really good. jazzy didnt even show his skillz on the wheels! And the stage was also a lil bit small.

JJFP Rock The House

well in JJ's defense... he didn't have anything to do with putting the stage together, and I know he did the best he could do with what he was working with...na mean??? :2thumbs:

I dont care...but If i could have been front and CENTER!!!!.... i would have been off the chain. lmao.... givin JJFP something to remember from the day!

peace,

cookie

Good review and it is true. JJFP really did rock the crowd. "Switch" sounds so much better live as do all the songs. That was pretty smart to do the FPOBA theme.

I was there, I should know and it is true, I'm not being biased at all but Jay-Z & Linkin Park were oh so close followed by Kanye.

People don't know how amazing JJ+FP is live until they witness 4 themselves. I love that review. AOL has a feature on FP at Live 8 saying how he rocked the crowed "Philly-style." It's great logging online and seeing his face pop up 4 all of AOL 2 see. Good promotion 2!

another review from someone who went there...

here's the full article http://www.delcotimes.com/site/index.cfm?B...3&PAG=461&rfi=9

^^^^^^^^^

he said Jay-Z and Will Smith were the best. alicia keys and Dave matthews were the worst.

Edited by *mimi*