JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

NOW 19 - Switch

I think "Lost and Found" could be platinum by now if Interscope released a couple cuts off the album to the radio until the "Parter starter" video comes out, that's the reason why Eminem and 50 Cent sold so much right now 'cause Interscope released half of their albums to the radio it seems, they could be doing a better job right now I think to promote Will, I see Will and Overbrook promoting the album more than anything which is a good thing for his image, but sales could be higher if Interscope helped push the album more than it's been, this album needs to be the highest selling album of the year.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

switch party starter tell me why lost & found and pump ya brakes would be great..but the 3rd single has to be a hit to get a 4th and 5th single..

The 3rd single most likely will be released in august, and hit the radio begin late august or begin sept. and it will most likely be Tell me why, the perfect song, it's gonne be BIG.

Lol, lets just hope we get Tell Me Why before the year ends. I don't even want to set a month before we get what we had to deal with in Party Starter's release. If anyone's counting, it took about 4 and a half months after Switch's release for Party Starter to be released.

It's like hitch in a sence, you know.

It could have been released in march or april, but it didn't.

Which day of the year will be the biggest boost for hitch ? valentine's day.

Tell me why is the same in a sense, seeing how late they announced party starter, TMW won't be released in early september, but it would have been a bigger hit if they could release it as a video around sept. 1-sept.11.

Then again, that's just my opinion

I don't like how the JJFP concert DVD was only released with the "Hitch" DVD, that sorta gives you the impression of an actor who raps again, Interscope should've made it available for everyone and sell it in music stores like most music DVDS are, more interest would've been sparked too if WS.com was updated more often, that site is an embarassment to me!

Edited by bigted

First of all, I agree with Ted and probably most everyone else that the Will Smith in Concert DVD should be released separately. It gives him a "hollywood" look which isn't going to help his album sales. The promotion for 50 and Eminem by releasing many songs off the album, all in a short period of time, seems to work and is a good idea. I don't know what is taking so long for Party Starter to be totally released and the video playing. The more songs that are released, the better the album is going to do, simply because each song will appeal to a new set of fans. There are already the group of original fans who are true Will Smith fans, but every time a new single is released, it is like opening up to a new fanbase. That is the way I see it, at least.

• Admin

:yeahthat: yeah i completely agree on the DVD should have been released seperately, just another example of Wills music career not being respected. The people releasing it are saying we couldn't sell this DVD alone only if its bundled with Hitch, which is rubbish :thumbsdown:

Lol, we're still milking Switch I guess... That's been the logic of some here for the last month and a half. Hopefully, we don't get to December and Christmas with people talking about... "We're just milking Party Starter..."

But Party Starter is on the radio... It will be on the charts soon... and then it will begin to climb fast... I know the wait for the video is killing us... but it's coming soon. Has anyone heard interviews with Will on the radio. I know he was pretty much everywhere when Switch dropped, but he was really promoting Lost and Found and Hitch...

Edited by MaxFly

Wouldn't it be great if both Switch and Party Starter were in the Top 20. Now that would be something to talk about.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was looking for... I was hoping for Party Starter to get high on the charts while Switch was still doing well, just to emphasize that Will is still running things.

• Admin

the problem is Interscope havent even properly released party starter yet..theyve just put out a few advance promo's when switch was properly released it had 500 spins in its first week.. we're still waiting for Party starter to be going for Adds..and for interscopes radio promoters to really go out there and work the single.. hopefully theyll do that in the next couple of weeks

• 2 weeks later...

As I predicted - Switch is on the UK Now 61, which is released Now (:rofl:). I've seen the advert on tv a few times, of the 43 songs on the 2 cd's, about 6/7 are mentioned in the advert and Switch is one of them with a few seconds of video time :2thumbs: