JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

So I was flicking the TV channels...

Guest Prince

Guest Prince
So yeah, I was flicking the TV channels, through terrestrial TV... I switched onto BBC 1, which was showing CBBC at the time (some kids tv thing they have going on which millions of people watch across the country) and heard some music playing in the background, kept on flicking and then it dawned on me... I switched back for another listen and they were blasting Summertime in the background. Pretty cool that JJFP still gets some love, specially in a country which doesn't know the first thing about hip-hop. Anyone else have similar stories to tell, or is this kinda thing really normal and I just don't watch TV enough? :dancingcool:

• Members
well..the background music of summertime is probably the best background music of JJFP so far. the music very composed of many diffrent instruments that make a nice touch of reggae and diffrent styles of music. It's relaxing and jusr perfect for a background music. I mean, they even decaided to put he Summertime (reprise) on Homebase CD. and many times i find myself listenning to it.. because it so relaxing and fun.. :dancingcool:

:peace: peace :peace:

Yeah I heard summertime on a BBC2 car show the other day, they were cruising around in this sweet little convertible...

And also I heard Summertime on Radio 1's "Cut up mix" on thursday night, they had it mixed with "Trick Me" by Kelis and "Can't Nobody" by Kelly Rowland, it was really good.

[quote=the real big willie,Jun 7 2004, 04:18 PM]Summertime is the ultimate summer tune EVER.

Everyone plays it around this time of year.............EVERYONE.[/quote]
:werd: Alot of people were introduced 2 JJ+FP with that song. I'm sure we'll all be hearing it alot more now that Summer's almost here. :rock: