JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

OFFICIAL LIVE 8 POST

i watched most of the philly concert last night. i really thought Will had one of the best receptions. People say the crowd looked bored during jiggy, but they looked the same as they did thru Kayne West, destinys child, alicia keys. It was switch, fpoba and summertime when they became alive and screamed more than they did for other artists.

Ive just watched his speech to, that was amazing, i cant imagine what its like to have the whole world clicking thier fingers together.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see how you can be hating on the performance...Getting Jiggy Wit It was dope...so was Swich....He got the crowd with him and he did two verses of Getting Jiggy Wit It...I think the point here it that we might get tired of seeing him do the same songs over and over again...but it was still a good performance!

I ain't hating, but i'm not supposed to love everything will does just cause i'm a fan. Gettin jiggy with it was a poor pick and so was the performance during that song. Switch had a slow start but as soon as he got into the song more he got more into the stage too, got more stage presence. The FPOBA remix was great and he was doing a great job during it. Summertime was flawless even though I would probably like that song with less yelling and high notes. But that's just how u get on stage doing the greatest song in hiphop.

I wish they performed more JJFP stuff like "I Wanna Rock" and "Brand New Funk" but it's hard to squeeze everything in 10 minutes, credit has to be given to them for representin' for ol' school hip-hop, although I heard DMC performed "Walk This Way" with Aerosmith, did anyone see that? Since Will was the host they should have had more time to perform but everyone has to get a chance to perform, MTV sucks for not playing the whole 10 minutes of it though, Snoop's performance was weak, and I wish Mc Lyte performed instead of being a commentator.

Edited by bigted

I do agree that Brand New Funk would have been a lot better than Jiggy! Everytime I see him do it my hairs stand on end!!

But at the end of the day I reckon that he's gotta worry about what the majority of the audience would like and recognise. At Live8 what he essentially did was perform some of his biggest hits!

I got a lot of friends who say that they don't like Will Smith music but they have all told me that the best track he's done is Jiggy, so I can kinda see where he was coming from when he performed it!!

No Way was Snoop's performance weak, the crowd was loving it !!, and he evan had Sir Paul rocking to the beat.

and sorry Bracesup but the velvet revolver were ridiculed by nearly everyone after their performance

Hell yeah Robbie is crazy i watch some perform from Knebworth unbelievable, man he know how to brow of the public

Yeah this guy is crazy! He really is a great entertainer. And the crowd really appreciated his performance. And he's the only one in London that made the crowd laugh ( the other artists were quite cold, no?)... And yes his gig in Knebworth is just a-ma-zing!!!

As far as Will is concerned, his speech was clever and moving. Otherwise, I only saw him perform "jiggy" and sincerely I didn't find it was a bad performance!

And he's the only one in London that made the crowd laugh ( the other artists were quite cold, no?)

:wtf:

Did you actually see any performances from London ??