JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PARTY STARTER ON THE CHARTS

"Wild Wild West" was a great song and a great soundtrack too, the movie was a dissapointment though, that was the "Born To Reign" of his movie career.

Edited by bigted

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well I was never a big Will Smith fan until Lost and Found came out. It got me wanting to hear all of his old music though.

I know from the sales history that Born to Reign was not too popular, but I just started listening to the album and I like it a whole lot. Probably my second favorite next to Lost and Found. I really like the "I can't stop" song as well.

I don't know, to me, Born the Reign was a great album, even if it didn't go Gold in the US.

"Wild Wild West" was a great song and a great soundtrack too, the movie was a dissapointment though, that was the "Born To Reign" of his movie career.

Im just don`t get that...

Why People always say stuff like that about Borne To Regin?

Because it didn`t sell much?

It`s still a great Album..

You call Borne To Regin disapointing...But you`r also saying Wild Wild West was a great song :wtf:

I know from the sales history that Born to Reign was not too popular, but I just started listening to the album and I like it a whole lot. Probably my second favorite next to Lost and Found.  I really like the "I can't stop" song as well.

I don't know, to me, Born the Reign was a great album, even if it didn't go Gold in the US.

Exactly..

Edited by Turntable

Well I like WW song n soundtrack. I also like Born 2 Reign. I think B2R is the most underrated album ever(well that just me). Anyways back 2 the topic...I haven't heard PS yet.

But from the looks of it, its really starting 2 pick up. I'm sure it will go high when it is released 2 more radio stations n a video comes out.

I wonder what the video would look like? :hmm:

Im just don`t get that...

Why People always say stuff like that about Borne To Regin?

Because it didn`t sell much?

It`s still a great Album..

You call Borne To Regin disapointing...But you`r also saying Wild Wild West was a great song :wtf:

I know from the sales history that Born to Reign was not too popular, but I just started listening to the album and I like it a whole lot. Probably my second favorite next to Lost and Found.  I really like the "I can't stop" song as well.

Exactly..

I wasn't dissin' "Born To Reign", it had it's strong moments on it but not as many as his other albums is basically what I'm sayin', "Wild Wild West" was an ok movie that also had it's moments but it's not as great as his other films, I'm not putting it down 'cause it didn't sell, I'm just saying it's not my favorite album from him, many JJFP fans say that "Code Red" is the best JJFP album and that sold the least, nobody's perfect even Michael Jordan didn't win the MVP every year he played, so Will's still the greatest entertainer in the hip-hop generation. Back to the topic though, this is great that "Party Starter" is getting more spins even though it hasn't been officially released yet.

Edited by bigted

About Party Starter being on the charts but it has shifted to how Born to Reign is in some views underrated and in others not Will's best work.

By the way, I'm listening to Born to Reign right now, and I have forgotten how good it is.

• Admin

Quick everyone, name a Will solo album that Born 2 Reign is better than. Can't think of one... name a JJFP album that Born 2 Reign is better than... lol... exactly...

I was gonna say the same thing :yeahthat: While Will had some good creative ideas and topics.. if you own all 9 albums theres no way you could put born to reign above any of them.. the beats, tra knox, and wills lack of rapping brought down the album and it doesnt stand up to repeat listens

Enough with B2R :haha:

This topic has been :hijacked:

Let's try 2 get back 2 the original topic "Party Starter"

R PS spins accurate? How do find out?

I wasn't dissin' "Born To Reign", it had it's strong moments on it but not as many as his other albums is basically what I'm sayin', "Wild Wild West" was an ok movie that also had it's moments but it's not as great as his other films, I'm not putting it down 'cause it didn't sell, I'm just saying it's not my favorite album from him, many JJFP fans say that "Code Red" is the best JJFP album and that sold the least, nobody's perfect even Michael Jordan didn't win the MVP every year he played, so Will's still the greatest entertainer in the hip-hop generation. Back to the topic though, this is great that "Party Starter" is getting more spins even though it hasn't been officially released yet.