JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BET Awards

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Lauryn's voice was going, so that's why she didn't do the end of the show. Her performance was rushed, but she slowed down and did a lil better wit "Killing Me Softly". It was just good to see the Fugees 2gether.

I loved all of Will and Jada's segments. Will's lap dance was hilarious, seein the FPOBA cast again, Will talkin' about that experience overseas, just everything he did was great. I think that makes up for not performing.

Gladys Knight was one of the best performances of the night. I really like John Legend and Stevie Wonder's also. I thought Stevie's solo performance was funny towards the end when he danced and posed. I liked how Game and Mary J. went together. Game had his son wit him, and I thought that was cool. And he did a lil freestyle to Mary, which was nice.

Some award winners didn't make any sense because they had albums from last year or two years ago. (well my friend made the worst deal about it) Alicia Keys and Kanye West.

Well, I almost never watched an entire award show. Even the commercials. I saw 50 Cent every time. And his movie aired once. It did catch mad interest wit the previews. So this will sell. Is this 50's life?

------ (right now)

Interviewer asked Mike Jones about what Will said being role models...

Well he talked decently. I couldn't follow him much. He didn't give Will props, but he didn't diss him either. It was all about Mike Jones. But who is Mike Jones? (:lolsign:)

Yeah, when Mike Jones waz being interviewed after the show, i couldn't understand a word he said. He got so much gold and/or diamonds in his mouth, he sounds like he's just learning 2 talk. His performance waz garbage...i muted the TV and turned on the CD player during his set.

After the interviewer mentioned what da 'Prince said, i waz wondering what he would say since he fits in that category of rappers who don't have any role model qualities. All he said waz that he wants 2 spread the message that even if u make mistakes, your dreams can come true. That's nice and all, but his music dosen't contain any messeges like that, much less any substance.

By the way, the show is re-running Friday at 7:30.

hey ya'll I missed Will's intro to T.I's performance, but if I heard right, did Will say he's producing a movie for Overbrook with T.I. in it? Just wondering if ya'll caught that? I live in a noisy home, so I couldn't hear it.

Will and Jada did great btw. The haters have shut up now. LOL at Will's lapdance! He looked real good too.

Edited by *mimi*

Sounded like a cool show, Shame about the lack of a performance tho. Still it probably would have only been the 1-2 songs thing. Plenty more performances to be seen yet.

Let me know if anyone finds any photos from the event, especially the one of the fpoba reunion bit.

hey ya'll I missed Will's intro to T.I's performance, but if I heard right, did Will say he's producing a movie for Overbrook with T.I. in it?  Just wondering if ya'll caught that?  I live in a noisy home, so I couldn't hear it.

Will and Jada did great btw.  The haters have shut up now.  LOL at Will's lapdance!  He looked real good too.

Yes he did. That should be interesting. I guess T.I. is a respectable MC to Will.

I would have liked to have seen Joesph Marcell (Geoffrey The Butler) at the FPOBA reunion aswell though

yeah Will's lap dance was hilarious! :rofl:

the awards overall sucked in the 2nd half of it. the first half was ok. then u started gettin 2 the part where nobody was accepting their awards and a bunch of wack artists were performing. i was quite bored when Will wasn't talkin 2 be serious with y'all.