JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

BET Awards

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...on a random note, let me say this. I dont' care how much Omarion + Ciara dance when they perform, those pre-recorded live vocals are WACK. People tune in 2 see u perform live...not dance 2 your own songs and occasionally move your lips.

Will and Jada are funny as heel. I like the rules that they set. Rule #1 Don't bring all 15ppl u brought wit u on the stage. 3 homeboy limit. Rule #2 No flashy suits and goblets. Rule #3 Don't Thank God if your work can not be played in chruches. :rofl: :lolsign:

Ms. Knight preformance was awsome. No body come close 2 Ms. Knight.

Mr. Smith n Mrs. Smith look great. The most beautiful couple there.

Edited by Angel Amor

yeah it's on the net already lol

Hosts Mr. and Mrs. Smith -- that's Will and Jada Pinkett -- laid down the rules for the night's show at Hollywood's Kodak Theatre. They arrived on-stage in a horse-drawn carriage with spinning custom rims; Smith said they wanted to make the BET Awards on par with shows like "the Emmys, the Oscars, the Grammys, the Tonys."

"The white ones," Pinkett Smith added.

The first rule, according to Smith: "You don't need to come up here with all 15 people that you came with." "There is a three homeboy limit tonight, period," his wife added.

Also, "No bright suits and no gold goblets," Jada Pinkett Smith said. "This is not the pimp of the year awards." And finally, "Do not thank God if you can't show or perform your work in church."

she got me with the limit lol, they've had so many funny moments tonite

Edited by willjadafan

My fav is in 1 of the skits. A guy interviewing them and he says Will is said 2 be a nice guy n u Jada difficult.

Jada says Will isn't always nice

Will says I only choke u once

Jada says Once, twice still a choke.

The guy interviewing them says Will it's not rite 2 choke a woman.

Will says Hey buddy listen I got a choke stash rite here.

Jada says Well thats the reason 4 the necklace and the hat.

was so damn funny. I loved it when Will gave Jada that lap dance :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

my fave was when Will was like we don't care what people think Jada says yeah they can kiss our ass! lol the audience laughed hard @ that and when the "Set It Off" girls got Anthony Anderson

...it woulda been better if Will performed, but he had me in tears so it was cool :rofl:

Edited by willjadafan

Yeah, i think he needed 2 open the show with Jazzy. It would have only made sense.

I like the end where FP + Jada were pretending 2 hate hosting the show. FP waz like "I keep a choke stash right here!"...ha ha.

What happened 2 Lauryn Hill performing at the end of the show?!?! They kept talking about it and talking about it, then they just had Stevie Wonder playing "Happy Birthday To You" with FP + Jada doing back up dancing.

i think the hosts were the best part lol

cuz the performances were mediocre, well most of them, and like half the winners were not even there.....had they performed it woulda been @ least a little better

i wanted to throw up when they said Mike Jones, i stopped my tape....Stevie and John Legend were great, ms Gladys Knight the Fugees....any others slip my mind right now

Edited by willjadafan

No, they didn't ask performers 2 lipsync. That waz up 2 them. Stevie Wonder did it live. Toni Braxton and Faith TORE-IT-UP during their tribute 2 Gladys Knight, who also sang live.

I didn't really think JJ+FP waz gonna perform. There waz never any news that they were...only that FP and fam waz hosting it. I think most of the people here hyped themselves up and overlooked the fact that there wazn't any official newz that they were gonna perform.