JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PARTIAL VICORY 4 HIP-HOP FANS AROUND MY WAY

Where i live, there waz no Hip-Hop R-N-B stations for years. I always had 2 listen 2 stations located in D.C. 2 get non-stop Hip-Hop and R-N-B on the radio. The summer of 2002 marks when my town FINALLY got it's own Hip-Hop/R-N-B station. However, it waz only half a victory cuz it seems like they play the same 20 songs over and over and over again. It's mostly top 20 type stuff so u hear alot of Jay-Z, Eminem, Ludacris, 50 Cent/G-Unit, Lil' Jon + The Eastside Boys. Everytime an OutKast, Black Eyed Peas, Twista, Dialated Peoples, or Kanye West song jumps on, it's a breath of fresh air. Of course they play R-N-B 2 but it's always the top 10 stuff so u hear alot of the same thing.

HOWEVER, this Memorial Day weekend they had "Old School Weekend" which waz 4 days of them mixing 2days stuff with classic old skool. Me and all my friends were listening all weekend and caught some good stuff (mostly 90's tho'). Here's a list of the good stuff we caught...

JJ+FP "Parents Just Don't Understand"...this actually cut on yesterday morning when my alarm woke me up for work
Will Smith "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"...heard this on my way 2 B-more
DJ EZ-Rock + Rob Base "It Takes Two"
M.C. Hammer "2 Legit 2 Quit"
L.L. Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out"
Salt-N-Pepa "Shoop"
Salt-N-Papa + En Vogue "Whatta Man (Remix)"
Kris Kross "Jump"
Coolio "1,2,3,4 (Sumethin' New)"
Warren G + Nate Dogg "Regulate"

I just wanted 2 share. They've gone back 2 their regular format but i'm hoping they are gonna slowly mix in more old skool and more varitity in2 their playlist. Since i live in the kinda area where alot of the fans are only listening 2 the stuff in the top 10, i understand how they gotta start the station off 2 gain a big fanbase, then change when they know it's safe. I've seen little change over the past 2 years, but i'm hoping 4 the best.

• Admin
kool...we havent got a hip hop or rnb station in australia..but on my cable they just added 40 radio stations.. one is a hip hop 1 most of it is rubbish but i did hear a wu tang track the other day...but they have a soul station which is awesome! ive heard 2 jill scott traxs..erykah badu..and all these great rnb traxs!

That's cool. If there was an old school radio station 2day, how much do U think people would turn in 2 the "wack hits of 2day radio jams". Very few.

Our radio station in PA; 106.7 WAMO usually plays some old school (sometimes rare), when I'm in school and don't get 2 listen 2 the radio.