JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Batman Begins

The new cartoon The Batman has been airing here in the US for a year or so. I've never watched it. I read that it's very average and that the main point of it is 2 sell toys. They had plans for the toys months b4 they even had storylines created.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Hero: If you like the animated series. In the USA Warner Bros. has released the complete first season on DVD - don't know in Europe or Australia. There's new Batman animated series called 'The Batman'...

@ ALL  :1-say-yes: Although the movie is loved by all the movie-, comic- and Batmanfans and earned great critics, the movie has "only" made over $143,872,000  :shakehead:  worldwide yet earning about 5-6 milion $ per day in the US.

BATMAN BEGINS on the Charts. Position will change because the movie is still in theatres.

Worldwide Yearly 2005 | 12

Yearly Opening Weekends (Wide) 2005 | 3

All Time Domestic | 293

Yearly 2005 | 8

Opening Wednesdays | 11

Opening Weekends | 47

Opening Weekends - June | 8

Top 5-Day Grosses | 34

Top 5-Day Grosses for movies opening on a Wednesday | 14

Widest Releases | 7

Widest Opening Releases | 6

Fastest to $100 million | 48

Slowest to $100 million | 244

BOM Users' Grades | 3

The reason the movie hasn't done as well as one would hope is that many remember the last 2 Batman movies. All I've heard is praise for this movie. Everyone says that it's thrilling and entertaining, so I expect it to do well for the duration of its screening.

I've seen 'The Batman' (The new animated series) now too on the german Tv channel RTL2. While 'Batman - The Animated Series' :2thumbs: was enjoyable for the older audience, too, this new cartoon is only for kids. The animation isn't that bad, but I don't know, can't feel the series :thumbsdown: ... I won't watch it again...

Edited by fabman

• Members

The new cartoon The Batman has been airing here in the US for a year or so.  I've never watched it.  I read that it's very average and that the main point of it is 2 sell toys.  They had plans for the toys months b4 they even had storylines created.

Wait, I never knew about a new series of Batman. We're still getting the 92 Batman Adventures that too dubbed in the regional language. This sucks. :thumbsdown:

Wait, I never knew about a new series of Batman. We're still getting the 92 Batman Adventures that too dubbed in the regional language. This sucks.

Enjoy the beautiful '92 animated series. I don't really like 'The Batman'. I saw it on the german Tv. They haven't showed it in Italy yet, too. They're showing the '92 series on Italia 1 - but saturdays 9.55am. I usually sleep at this time... :sleep2:

Edited by fabman

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey, finally "The Batman" cartoon premiered here for us and I caught the first episode. Anyways it was sort of wierd to watch especially because the animation style was so much different from the Batman Adventures, Batman and Robin Adventures and Batman Beyond. It seemed more like the "Jackie Chan Adventures" style. Also the way Joker was potrayed with his evil red eyes was so unusual. It just didn't seem like the comic book Joker to me because even though he's a maniac, he always dresses up in a suit, but not in rags like in this cartoon. He looked like some alien creature or whatever. Also Bruce Wayne not having his trademark squared jaw like in the previous cartoons was different too. And most of the action sequences in this cartoon occuring in broad daylight got me headscratching. So overall, I didn't get the appropriate Batman touch to it. So I'll give it a second chance and watch a few more episodes to get the exact Dark Knight feeling to it. :hmm: :smart: :sigh:

I haven't seen Batman movie yet. A couple of days ago,...I was getting our tickets to see Martin Lawrence in Rebound,...when an older woman came out in a complete rage saying she wanted a refund after a few minutes of watching Batman. She said it was way too violent, and kids were killing their parents..or something to that effect. hahah...

IM not laughing at what she said,...but her reaction to the movie wasnt good, and I didn't see it cuz of what she said... so... but. From what u guys say..it seems good... Ill have to debate weather or not I want to see it ...

Last night I took abt 5 kids to see Tom Cruise in War of the Worlds. That was a pretty good movie...

peace,

cookie

Batman Begins is great. I haven't heard a bad review yet...from critics or friends. A group of us who already saw the movie got 2gether 2 nites ago 2 watch a bootleg that one of my friends got. Great movie.

I thought it was one of the best movies I have ever seen. Not only did it have the crazy action scenes, it had the whole story of Bruce Wayne and how he became Batman, and all the kung-fu training and how his "friend" came back and stabbed him in the back. I thought it was an excellent film.