JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Batman Begins

• Admin

yeah im gonna have to see it again.. this weekend they have a batman: the animated series marathon on the cartoon network here which ive been watching..one of the best cartoon series ever :2thumbs:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

im not really up on what comics this movie was based on but last night i saw the batman:the animated series episode with the movie storyline..it was really kool..scarecrow wanted to infect the water supply of gotham with his hallucigen..anyway batman was affected..he was drivin on the road and started seeing joker..and went completely off the road and crashed..and then he ended up in the psychiatric hospital..he was having visions of his mom and dad..and he was trying to stop them from walking away into a huge explosion..batman was trying to convince the wardon about scarecrow but they wouldnt believe him because he was dillusional..so batman was in a straight jacket..and scarecrow was on the loose.. great episode!

• Admin

Holmes Dropped from 'Batman' Sequel

Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

Holmes Dropped from 'Batman' Sequel

Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

Ouch...

I just saw this movie tonight, thoroughly entertaining, if ridiculous... and I have SOOOOOOOOOO many thoughts on it but for now, I'll only give two...

1. Katie Holmes did do a pretty bad job acting in this film. :haha: There were a few lines she delivered that made me cringe and laugh simutaniously (spelling!). Oh, Katie, you and your Scientology and your Tom Cruise. :wiggle:

2. HILARIOUS disparity in voice used by Christian Bale as Batman and as Bruce Wayne. :wtf: Why is it that when he puts on the costume, he has to speak like he as emphazema (spelling, again) and he's in one of those anti-smoking commercials. Just a grating, hilariously over-done alter-ego voice.

Good times had by all. I highly recommend this film. So enjoyable on so many different levels. Out of 5 stars, I give it 37. :1-say-yes: And I'm not even a comic book movie guy. I've never even seen the other Batmans.

Edited by scyhigh99

• Members

And so like I said in the other thread, I saw Batman Begins and Mr. and Mrs. Smith yesterday and Oh my, Batman Begins was UNBELIEVABLE!!!! It was a hell of a great movie and it so much had the dark comic book look to it. I just loved the movie. In the trailers, I really didn't feel Christian Bale as Bruce, but after watching the movie, he was able to show he could play Bruce Wayne very well. No unnecessary hamming, extremely good acting, and a real good story, it's certainly up there with the original Batman. And even though both Ra-Al Ghul and Scarecrow had different origins deviating away from the comic book, the actors playing them still managed to capture their villain personas extremely well. And the Batmobile, damn, it was mindblowing. I really have to get one of those. :lolsign: But the best part of the movie was Gordon. He was an exact replica from the comic book and Gary nailed his part for sure. Overall it's one of the best movies of 2005 and the only thing I regret is not going home after watching the movie but instead going to Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

Oh yeah, Katie Holmes sucked. :thumbsdown:

@ Hero: If you like the animated series. In the USA Warner Bros. has released the complete first season on DVD - don't know in Europe or Australia. There's new Batman animated series called 'The Batman'...

@ ALL :1-say-yes: Although the movie is loved by all the movie-, comic- and Batmanfans and earned great critics, the movie has "only" made over $143,872,000 :shakehead: worldwide yet earning about 5-6 milion $ per day in the US.

BATMAN BEGINS on the Charts. Position will change because the movie is still in theatres.

Worldwide Yearly 2005 | 12

Yearly Opening Weekends (Wide) 2005 | 3

All Time Domestic | 293

Yearly 2005 | 8

Opening Wednesdays | 11

Opening Weekends | 47

Opening Weekends - June | 8

Top 5-Day Grosses | 34

Top 5-Day Grosses for movies opening on a Wednesday | 14

Widest Releases | 7

Widest Opening Releases | 6

Fastest to $100 million | 48