JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Will Smith Live In Concert: Post Your Reviews

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This DVD needs to be available for the masses who think that 50 Cent is the greatest performer, they need to see what a real hip-hop show is like, Interscope should also help Will out in promotion not just Overbrook, hell even underground DVDs are sold through the internet but you won't find them in Walmart, btw working in retail does suck for real, I've been doing those type of jobs since I graduated high school 2 years ago and I constantly find myself broke it seems even when I'm working real hard, lol, I'm just getting by, I wanna support Will in any way I can but I gotta support myself too, well that's enough ranting in this post until I buy the DVD and post my review. :smart:

I don't mind that it is packaged with Hitch, but it should be available with and without Hitch, you should be able to get it either way!

I don't think it should be available by it self. Think of it this way. Nearly every music fan would buy Hitch anyway. But how many fans of the movie Hitch would go out and get the JJ+FP live DVD? I would call this smart promotion if u ask me.

I don't think it should be available by it self.  Think of it this way.  Nearly every music fan would buy Hitch anyway.  But how many fans of the movie Hitch would go out and get the JJ+FP live DVD?  I would call this smart promotion if u ask me.

Yeah, it's good marketing on FP's part.

I liked the DVD. Having never seen JJFP in concert before gave me a real look into how a JJFP concert would look like. I kinda wished he performed longer though.

Ditto. I wish it was longer 2. I agree wit AJ. Not a bad way of promoting your music. Will most likely have gained a few more fans n sales of his album.

• Admin

sure bundling it with hitch is good promotion... but it lessons the value of a jazzy jeff and fresh prince live dvd.. why shouldnt that be sold seperately..its like they are saying we cant sell any by themselves so we gotta put it with Hitch :thumbsdown:

i don't think AJ's theory really works as well as he thinks! from what i've seen, IF the DVD package is carried in Wal-Marts, it's not the only version of Hitch available. there's also the version of Widescreen and Fullscreen Hitch by itself. if movie fans of Hitch went and looked 4 it and they had 2 choose between a regular Hitch DVD for $17 compared to a $25 one when they're not interested in Will's music, chances are they're not going 2 buy the live in concert DVD anyways.

Other than us...how many people do u think would actually buy this DVD tho'? I think thousands more people will be getting this DVD now becuz it comes as a bonus offer. Hip-Hop/Rap DVDs don't usually sell much. The only ones that sell a lil' bit are people like Eminem...and most of his fans now don't know the 1st thing about real Hip-Hop. I think the Concert DVD would have just been ignored outside their main fanbase. I think that if Lost + Found dose well, there will be a "Lost + Found" DVD with the videos and everything...maybe even this concert.