JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER AND SUPPORT CIRCLE

This Prayer And Support Circle for the board is a place where we can all share certain events, concerns, and storms with fellow board members. Big or small, if you need prayer or support in life, please share it and we will gather as a family to help each other.

Please avoid getting to detailed with spiritual beliefs. If you do not believe in something greater that what this world has to offer, please don't be disrespectful in this post.

Well, today, after my dog collapsed, me and my family desided that it waz time 2 relieve him from his struggle. As painful as the whole thing is, there is a peace inside me that i never expected could be there...which lets me know the time was right. Since his condition wasn't going to get better, and his health waz slowly getting worse...which didn't drag down his spirits, we desided to end the pain. It is one of the most awful things i've been thru', but i'm very thankful for the 10 years i had him.

In this time, i just ask for comfort for my family. Thank you in advance 2 anyone who keeps me and my family in their thoughts and prayers.

I just wanna thank everyone 4 the support. Tho' i miss him so bad, there is a strong sense of peace within me and my family.

Anyways, on a not-so-related note, i wanna shout out something that just happened 2day that is an answered prayer. A year ago, due 2 me age, i waz taken off my parents insurance (so basically, my insurance plan waz just not getting sick...ha ha). Anyways, after a year of praying, hoping, and making and breaking myself in2 the kind of employee i am, i'm getting knocked up 2 the senior manager at my job (2nd in charge) which leads 2 a raise, full time hours, benifits, insurance, and big bonuses. I love my job and now i get all the things i really need. This will also lead 2 me getting outta debt, finally getting my own place, and later, a new car.

Why i didn't ask 4 prayer support on this board (other than 2 3Cookies personally), i did ask my close friends and this event is the perfect example of what the power of prayer and hard work can lead 2.

Yeah that's nice to hear that you're doing well with your job AJ, it's frustrating sometimes when you work hard at a job and things don't go the way you want it right away but staying patient helps, I'm trying hard to find the career that I want to do and trying to learn more things that are necessary for it, my family and close friends are very supportive and that does help my confidance even more.

Edited by bigted

Yeah, i'm living proof that if u want something bad enuff, keep a positive attitude no matter what, and work hard at it...even when it seems like u are working your butt off 4 something that is no guarenteed, things will happen. I still don't know what i wanna do 4 the rest of my life, but this job will give me exactly what i need in the meantime. I used 2 wanna be an emcee, but i don't write 2 much anymore, then i wanted 2 act, but i'm totally secure on just doing local theater rather than "chasing a dream." i think i just really wanna live a nice, chilled life while doing whatever i wanna when i'm not on the clock.

Just stay positive, work hard, and expect what u want 2 come 2 pass. U gotta plant seeds in life and make deposits in other people's lives 2 see your own blossom.

aww AJ...I'm sorry 2 hear bout ur dog. But on the bright side of things,...look at the positives that are happening 2 u at the same tyme. I am a strong believer that things happen for a reason... and I also agree with u in staying positive and believing in urself...

I haven't been around 4 awhile, because I've been working on portraits, creating a contract for my clients, updating my price guides and focusing on my travel on the 4th of July weekend...so sorry if I haven't been around 2 support u guys like i should have been...

peace,

cookie

Yeah like Will says in that song "the rain gonna come/through the window, pain gonna come/Rich, poor, black white, it's the same ol' drum", even celebrities have problems in life, no matter how much fame and props you might get even when your dream comes true not everything's perfect so I guess it's all about surviving and doing the best we could do, I'm not gonna give up on my dreams either no matter how long it takes, look at Chuck D: he thought he was too old to sign to Def Jam and make an album when he was 27 years old but he's still going strong now almost 20 years later and is called one of the greatest rappers ever, he could've gave up and not even made one album. It's easier to make short-term goals rather than just focusing on long-term goals 'cause that becomes too much of a stress when you do that and plans always change, having an impact on other people though is the type of goal that helps though since the love comes back in return.

Edited by bigted

I got your back on this. Just have faith and stay postive. Fortunatly, God isn't limited 2 what 2day's modern medicine can do. I have some family members with some health problems as well...so i can relate.