JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER AND SUPPORT CIRCLE

I'm really sorry 2 hear that. The people who have known me for awhile on this board know i'm real sensitive 2 that kinda thing so i'm feeling 4 u right now. Just be proud that u gave your dog the love and attention u did. So many pets out there are neglected. And like Julie said, be thankful your dog didn't have 2 really suffer.

Analogue, I kno how ya feel. My dog died on Apirl the 7th a week b4 that on April 1st my cat passed away. My dog had some health problems as well. Most brought on because of age. He was about 15yrs old. I got him as a puppy when i was 5yrs old. And my cat I'm not to sure what my cat passed away from but he did have a bladder infection. I guess he probably died of a heart attack. Anyways he was 10yrs old. I'm just glad I had them for so long. They lived long happy lives with me. So don't feel too bad. I'm sure your dog as well lived a very happy life with ya full of love and care.

• 1 month later...

Well, i'm gonna be outta here for a week. My job is sending me 2 Texas for training. There are some things that i am looking forward 2 and somethings that i am NOT looking forward 2. Mainly traveling ALONE on an airplane (i don't mind flying...i just don't like airports...not 2 mention traveling alone 4 the first time...and i'm hoping i get 2 the hotel 1st so i can claim the single bedroom before my 2 roommates are gonna show up...ha ha. So i'm just asking for prayer on comfortable and safe traveling and the comfortable rooming situation. Talk 2 y'all in about a week!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I've been gone for awhile, but I'm back now. Hopefully on a more consistent basis.

I moved from Washington State to Toledo Ohio. But I'm going to be going BACK to Washington State in January. So I'll have been here for a year.

Things have not worked out and I'm kinda bummed about the whole thing. My family has paid a lot of money to help me out and get me situated here and things didn't work out for me financially and I know they're really disappointed in me and that just makes me feel even more like ****, so...*shrugs*

I've had a long history of dealing with depression. Not to the point where I would ever harm myself, though, so I feel blessed on that end. That thought has always been there, but I think that I'm, and this isn't an attempt at a joke (which I often do), that I'm just too big a wuss to do that. I don't like guns, knives, high places, or pills, so I always just looked at it as I'm stuck here.

Okay that last part was a slight joke.

But seriously, I get into these funks sometimes and it's hard to get out, but I just keep my faith up and try to think on the bright side, so to speak.

So if you all don't mind, just keep me in your thoughts. Every little bit helps, ya know?

Thanks so very much.

Gary

Yeah, the past 2 years have had me battling alot of bad things and down times. It amazing how they can stretch themselves out sometimes...or hit u once u start 2 get over the last thing. It will all eventually end sometime. I feel like where i'm at right now is the best place i've been in the past 3 1/2 years...and it's just the beginning. Hang in there, u can't appriciate the good times without the bad. It's the tough times where we learn the most and grow the most. We got your back.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm putting this prayer request out for my friend. Her 5 year old dog ran out of the house today and died instantly when she was hit by a car. She said her mom opened the basement door while the dog followed her. Her mom had no idea the dog followed her down there since she doesn't like to go in the basement. Her mom came back inside and the dog was missing. My friend went outside and called for her and didn't see or hear her. She walked out front (the live on a busy street) and she saw her dog just laying there on the side of the road not breathing. My friend said she stood there silent for about 5 seconds before she fell to her knees and broke down. She carried her dog back to the house and buried her. The driver never stopped, stuck around, or tried to figure out who's dog it was.

My friend has gone through a VERY hard year. Infact, some of her past mistakes and selfish/bad decisions have put people like me thru' a bad year. She's recently got herself together and this shock has really hit her hard. I'm praying that her and her family receive comfort and an inner peace. I pray that her mom doesn't have a feeling of guilt over her head for having the dog follow her outside when she wasn't aware she was being followed. I also pray that i can be the kinda friend that will help her get through this rough time...being able 2 devote time in between my crazy schedule and saying the right things.

• 2 weeks later...

thats really sad to hear that. and read so many of these stories again.. im so sensitive to these sort of things. Just reading about t he last few 'dog' stories, touched my heart, because as we were moving to California, we had to sadly leave our dog, Zeuss behind. OMG, the look in his eyes, was sooo piercing, he would not even look at me as I was talking to him, which was so heartbreaking. We left him with one of my daughters friends, and she called to check on him one day a year or so back, and was told that he ran out of the house and never returned. That made my son Jay cry soooo much,. and it just tore me to pieces. I often worry about him, and wander is he safe, is he dead, did a nice family take him in? ,.. what happened to him and that guilt is just riding my heart so bad. But I just really could not bring him, we didnt have the space for him in my car, yet he was a part of the family.. so I know how it feels to lose a family pet. THe love never dies... and my heart and prayers goes out to those pet lovers who have lost pets to seemingly, untimely deaths..

xo,

cookie

• 1 month later...

Nothing serious...i just have a show going up this weekend. It's my 1st show in over a year and it's pretty darn good. I'm crazy excited. I got alot of friends and imporant people in the local theater community coming. I'm just asking that we call nail the show, keep the energy up...and if there's a mess up, that we can quickly cover it up.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted 2 send a prayer out 2 a few people in my area. Some fool with a gun was on the loose downtown just shooting people. Schools and other buildings were on lock down and at least 3 people were shot. Then, in the next closest mall 2 the one i work in, a jewelery clerk was shot and some guy stole over $4,000 in jewelery. I can't imagin what kind of person thinks a few thousand dollars in rings, watches, necklaces, etc is worth shooting and possibly killing someone an also putting yourself in jail for a long time assuming u'll be caught. I pray for a speedy recovery and that justice is served. What a crazy world we live in...

• 2 months later...

Most of you will notice i've haven't been on the board lately. I've been dealing with some stuff that is just rocking my world in the worst way. I don't wanna get in2 it. But for 2 weeks i haven't been able to sleep or eat hardly. I pace around tensed up like i'm a drug addict who is quiting cold turkey.

Those of you who who are willing to back me through this time. Please pray that God would step in and change what only He can change. Reguardless of the outcome, I need a peace of mind thru' this time. This may be my darkest hour ever. Thanx in advance.

Hey AJ I got your back man, I'll be praying for ya