JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

W. Smith the fourth best selling rapper 2005

• Members

Switch has done well... but it is not one of the best tracks off the album. It isn't even in the top 5. Now people will like it, because it is a good club song, but if people in hip hop had common sense, the following, released as singles, would make Switch seem inconsequential.

Lost and Found

Party Starter

Tell Me Why

I Wish I Made That

Ms. Holy Roller

Mr. Nice Guy

And even Here He Comes if it were longer

I just wanted to stress that while switch is doing well, it is low on the list of the best tracks off the album.

Okay, I guess we both are on a complete different wavelength here, because I like a complete different set of tracks in Lost and Found and for me the singles would be Switch, Pump Ya Brakes, If You Can't Dance and Loretta. So even though we like the same album, we have different tastes in it.

Documentary, without a doubt, is the best album of 2005. Not even one track is weak, except for "Don't Worry", that too only because of Mary J. Blige's horrible singing.

As for 50, he CAN rap. And if I'm right, it was Nas who started the beef by dissing 50 Cent first in one of his concerts. That is why 50 responded with Piggy Bank. And Nas is just an average rapper with no talent. 50 Cent can destroy Nas anyday, anytime without breaking a sweat.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Documentary, without a doubt, is the best album of 2005. Not even one track is weak, except for "Don't Worry", that too only because of Mary J. Blige's horrible singing.

As for 50, he CAN rap. And if I'm right, it was Nas who started the beef by dissing 50 Cent first in one of his concerts. That is why 50 responded with Piggy Bank. And Nas is just an average rapper with no talent. 50 Cent can destroy Nas anyday, anytime without breaking a sweat.

Edited by fan 4ever

• Members

Yes, I have heard all those three Nas' albums that you have mentioned and I just don't find his music so appealing. Sorry man, but different tastes we've got here.

Yes, I have heard all those three Nas' albums that you have mentioned and I just don't find his music so appealing. Sorry man, but different tastes we've got here.

That's what makes the world an interesting place...different tastes! :wink:

Switch has done well... but it is not one of the best tracks off the album. It isn't even in the top 5. Now people will like it, because it is a good club song, but if people in hip hop had common sense, the following, released as singles, would make Switch seem inconsequential.

Lost and Found

Party Starter

Tell Me Why

I Wish I Made That

Ms. Holy Roller

Mr. Nice Guy

I just wanted to stress that while switch is doing well, it is low on the list of the best tracks off the album.

Okay, I guess we both are on a complete different wavelength here, because I like a complete different set of tracks in Lost and Found and for me the singles would be Switch, Pump Ya Brakes, If You Can't Dance and Loretta. So even though we like the same album, we have different tastes in it.

You gotsa be kiddin maan...

first of: Nas has done a epic classic, and album that changed the game and influenced almost every rapper out there INLCUDING 50 cent. man... he even influenced BIGGIE with the album. Even though i like jay-z more, NAS is truly one of the best emcees ever done it. Yes, his last albums ain't been so good, but still, Some songs really show his talent:

The world is yours: Considered one of the best songs done after the politically influenced hiphop á la public enemy and so on in the beginning of the 90's.

Ether: Aah... I liked Takeover more, but this is till a really, really great disstrack. And if nas makes a jay-z fan doubt who won the beef...then it's a great song.

The message - some classic **** on this too..

I never thought defending NAS, but... getting dissed by a 50 cent fan is ridicolous.

What has fifty done that's good after his independent days? 2-3 tracks TOPS...

50's good for clubs and that...music for the booty, not the intelligence.

The documentary has these GOOD songs:

Dreams - Great beat and his lyrically best. One of the best songs this year.

Hate it or love it - Great beat and vibe, but probably written all by 50 cent...

The documentary - nice chorus and verses.

start from scratch - nice telling

Average:

Put you on the game, church for thugs, father like son.

Bad: Rest of the album.

it's a mediocer album.

to qoute a classic line which fits in perfect here:

DON'T BELIEV THE HYPE! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Besides people must have gotten me wrong, that ain't my list on the best albums... just the one that has sold most.

And to comment on the common album:

It's really great, you may think it's boring, but listen closely and it grows on you so much. After awhile you'll be sitting amazed at some of the lyrical details that are just wonderful.

Lost and Found

Party Starter

Tell Me Why

I Wish I Made That

Ms. Holy Roller

Mr. Nice Guy

You gotsa be kiddin maan...

first of: Nas has done a epic classic, and album that changed the game and influenced almost every rapper out there INLCUDING 50 cent. man... he even influenced BIGGIE with the album. Even though i like jay-z more, NAS is truly one of the best emcees ever done it. Yes, his last albums ain't been so good, but still, Some songs really show his talent:

The world is yours: Considered one of the best songs done after the politically influenced hiphop á la public enemy and so on in the beginning of the 90's.

Ether: Aah... I liked Takeover more, but this is till a really, really great disstrack. And if nas makes a jay-z fan doubt who won the beef...then it's a great song.

The message - some classic **** on this too..

I never thought defending NAS, but... getting dissed by a 50 cent fan is ridicolous.

What has fifty done that's good after his independent days? 2-3 tracks TOPS...

50's good for clubs and that...music for the booty, not the intelligence.

The documentary has these GOOD songs:

Dreams - Great beat and his lyrically best. One of the best songs this year.

Hate it or love it - Great beat and vibe, but probably written all by 50 cent...

The documentary - nice chorus and verses.

start from scratch - nice telling

Average:

Put you on the game, church for thugs, father like son.

Bad: Rest of the album.

it's a mediocer album.

to qoute a classic line which fits in perfect here:

DON'T BELIEV THE HYPE! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

:yeahthat: Thanx 4 breaking it down man! I'm with you on this!

• Members

braceups if you ain't a fan of true hip hop you shouldn't talk down on hip hop gods like NAS. hey frenetic thanks 4 the info, what do you really know about nas's album? nasdaq dow jones? funny name for an album.

i want nas to diss 50 in a way he'll never recover and show the world that 50's a snitch to hip hop and a sell out. looking eagerly for the lp to drop. common's always kept it real. songs like 'the corner' are dope.

'the documentary' by the game i'll say is the BEST PRODUCED hip hop album i've heard in ages of course he's under dre, the master of beats. but lyrically, game's average and his never ending name dropping doesn't help matters. yo frenetic and bigted, you guys are keepin' it real!

• Members

braceups if you ain't a fan of true hip hop you shouldn't talk down on hip hop gods like NAS

There is no such thing as true hip-hop. For some people Nas could be real hip-hop and for others like me 50 Cent and Game can be real hip-hop. It's just a difference of opinion in the type of music we hear to.

Besides, I'm a mad Will Smith fanatic. So that itself should excuse me from you guys for the comments I make about Nas and other rappers, shouldn't it homies? :wink: :2thumbs:

Why ya'll arguing for. At the end of the day we all love hip hop. Theres many different styles of hip hop. Some like Nas. Some like Jay z. Some like old school Kool Mo Dee. Theres nothing anyone can say to change there face in music. So please all of you stop ya b!tching. You can be a Will Smith fan and a 50 Cent fan. I was a big fan of 50 cent when he came out with "In Da Club" "Many Men" i didnt like "P.I.M.P" the video made me hate it. How can you just like one artist. If i had it my way i would have a 50 cent/Will Smith/Run DMC Song for godsake. And thats not exactly going to happen any time in the future.

braceups if you ain't a fan of true hip hop you shouldn't talk down on hip hop gods like NAS

There is no such thing as true hip-hop. For some people Nas could be real hip-hop and for others like me 50 Cent and Game can be real hip-hop. It's just a difference of opinion in the type of music we hear to.

Besides, I'm a mad Will Smith fanatic. So that itself should excuse me from you guys for the comments I make about Nas and other rappers, shouldn't it homies? :wink: :2thumbs:

hey Braces, i really like ur attitude in here. even tho i disagree with u, at least u don't respond negatively when every1 jumps on u, even tho i dont 50 cent either.

however, i do think there is a such thing as true hip-hop. it has been defined by the people invented it, and it's more than just rap. it's a way of life, and 50 Cent for sure doesnt fall under that category. it's cool if u like him, but 50 cent is not hiphop.

here's the definition of hip-hop from urban dictionary:

A name for the 4 elements of the late 70's New York City renaissance which includes break dancing, emceeing, (rapping) graffiti, and turntablism.

here's a quote from the one and only KRS-One:

Rap is something you do Hip Hop is something you live- KRS One

i don't think 50's hoes and money and getting shot and wearing bulletproof vests falls under the category of living hiphop. :word:

Edited by reborn2reign

DMX didn't even release his single Pump Ya Fist yet on the radio and the album won't come out unto July.

Yeah there's no need to panic about DMX yet, as long as the single starts going into rotation a couple weeks before his album drops, it'll do well, but if that doesn't happen then you could say Def Jam screwed him up.