JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

flowing like eminem?

I think that Will was mockin' Eminem's delivery in that song.

I'm thinkin' his kinda mockin' him...but not in an upfront way. We've heard Will's aggresive flow b4...but "Born To Reign"'s flow is very much like Eminem "I Am" (or whatever that track off his 2nd album is). If u listen 2 the track, he talks about rappers who preach poison and who talk about fake lifestyles in their music....and jacks Em's flow....hmmmmm. While this song attacks most mainstream rappers...there just may be a connection 2 that and the fact that he uses a similar flow 2 Eminem and his track that he released as a single. Or we could be looking 2 hard, but u don't have 2 look hard 4 this connection.

i think this song was mainly towards eminem, but can be towards most commercial rappers too, but as for Will sounding like eminem, i think its bcoz Wills rap is agressive and we mainly associate agressivness with eminem, but i dunno it could be an immitation. but one thing is for sure Wills rap is a lot better than wot eminem could do lol.

• Members
I personally dindt think he was mocking Eminem, could be trough, but it would take away the coolness of the track for me, becouse then it wouldnt b a standalone song but just an kind of an eminem parody.

If you ask me he should do many moe songs similar to this Edited by Daedalus Mortality

[quote=Daedalus Mortality,May 30 2004, 03:46 PM]If you ask me he should do many moe songs similar to this[/quote]
Oh yeah definatly.

As for this song, I think Will is just doing a typical introduction. If you look at the last 3 Will "solo" albums, "Y'all Know", "I'm Comin", "Born to Reign"...he always starts an album off with a strong opening. Even on Homebase "I'm All That" was like a battle track. Nobody said Will can't rap aggressive. I liked the song, just should've been longer.

• Admin
the problem with the born to reign track is it doesnt fit on born to reign at all..and doesnt sound like anything on the album..he starts with a real aggressive rhyming track..then goes on 2 hardly rap at all.. i think it should have been left off the album..doesnt work as an intro at all..

• Members
lol I think he should have left that as an into and then just took away all the other tracks to make it fit whit that one. I tought Bt3 was verry weak, just the entire feel of the album is small, and the songs arnt orginial or something they sound like what is on the radio only whit a bit of will's class

When I bought the album and I first listened to the song I was like "Damn, Will's really comin' strong wit his rhymes" but as I heard the rest of the album it was mostly love songs except for "Act Like You Know","Block Party", and "As The Beat Goes", and "Nod Ya Head"(they're party tracks). The tracks though were tight and it was an experiment by putting Tra-Knox on the entire album, so I give Will credit for doing something different, but if he had more tracks on that album like "Born To Reign" and less songs with Tra-Knox on it, the album would have been a multiplatinum hit like "Big Willie Style"(that album had a lot of balance). I enjoyed the album though, if this new album has more aggressive tracks(plus more Jazzy Jeff and less Tra-Knox) then it'll be a huge hit!

• Members
I hope there is 0 tra nox on his next album cus I dont like RnB especially male RnB
So I hope his next album will bcome a mix of his past albums.. yes yes yall, dont say nothing, yall know, loved you, bws type songs from BWS, the Rain, afro angel type songs from willenium and btr type songs from btr and that just mixxed nicely together.

[quote=Wild Child,May 31 2004, 09:28 PM]Man, i think it got nothing to do with Eminem.
I don't even know what you're talkin about.

Born 2 reign?[/quote]
Aren't u an Eminem fan? Listen 2 "I Am"...or whatever the 2nd single waz from The Marshall Mathers LP (which had a remix featuring Marilyn Manson!?). His flow in that song is ALOT like Will's in a part of "Born To Reign."