JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER REQUEST

Do u think it would be cool to have a Prayer Request topic for the board?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do u think it would be cool to have a Prayer Request topic for the board?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

Thanx again. He's doin' pretty good 2day. Over the weekend, i wanna get him out 2 the vet and 2 get his fur cut....just incase something like this happens again. My family will be getting back from vacation 2morrow...so i can spread some of the responsibility out 2 them.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree with Scy. i'm kinda the same way. been raised a Christian but i've never embraced it and never have felt the need 2. i don't feel like i need religion in my life so i'm kinda just hangin tight right now. i don't pray that often cuz i dont feel the need 2. i don't think this thread will be a problem tho, but u probably wont see me in it that much. i feel bad asking requests of people and dwelling on the negatives of life, but it's all good!

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I've been raised a Christian since about '94 and I've never really been much interested in it. I believe it and all - no doubt but I just don't feel the need of spreading it. I don't wanna worry about it now. I think its an excellent idea though and like Tim said, if you don't agree or is offended, then don't post and move on.

Ugh, bad news. He's not doing too well again. His energy level is really low and he's not eating much again. My anxiety level goes up and down with his condition...so i'm exhausted. He's going to the vet 2nite probably. I'm really hoping there is something that can be done. So all prayers would be appriciated.

Thanx 4 the words guys! Then mean alot. He's been doing a bit better and he's going 2 the vet in about an hour. The combination of this event along with another is really bringing me down. I'm hoping 4 good things 2 happen out of both of them and 2 bring my life back 2 a normal pattern.

I hope the veterinarian will perform a miracle.

we can, i often see stuff on deaths door make a full recovery. It doesnt sound like AJs dog is that far yet. Theres a lot of drugs that can make him feel more comfortable, its hard to cure older animals, but we can certainly give them a good qualilty of life.

Well, i got some bad news 2day from the vet. It sounds like his time with me won't be very long. His heart his enlarged, his liver is small, and he has a tumor in his stomach. The tumor fills up with blood and then releases it in2 his stomach, which is when he can't move around much. Since he's pretty old, surgery isn't a realistic option. The vet said that he isn't in pain, but that he will be uncomfortable at times. So basically, as long as he's doin' alright, we'll play it by ear, but when he has a bad day, that will probably be the time we releave him of all that. I know that God is in control and that he can work a miracle that medicine and doctors can't, but i don't really think that will happen. Just as much pain as i feel from the news, some of the stress has been lifted from me. I like 2 call this "spiritual pain relief" becuz while i am hurting, i'm handling it much more better than i ever imagined.

Prayers for comfort, patience, good judgement, and even healing as still appricated. I wanna thank u all 4 all the support any everything.

sorry to hear that AJ. A way to think of it, is that he doesnt know he has a tumour and he doesnt know his time is coming to an end, so just make the most of it. It will be a hard time when u have to make a decision to let him go, but just remmember it will put his pain to an end.

Some owners find it very hard to let go and leave thier animal longer than they should, but im sure you have the sence and the stength to know when he is in pain and he cant go on any longer.

Not going through surgery is a good idea too, veterinary surgery isnt as advanced as human surgery and since the vet cant do a whole lot it really is in the hands of God.

My prayers go out to and your dog.

i'm very sorry 2 hear that AJ. i lost my dog 3 years ago cuz we had 2 put him 2 sleep, the day after Christmas. he had incontrollable seizures and he would lash out and bite us for no reason. i feel sorry 4 him cuz he was so nice, he just had some mental illnesses. i only had him 4 a couple years tho. i cant imagine what it feels like 2 lose ur dog after having him 4 so long. my best wishes go out 2 u.