JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

PRAYER REQUEST

Do u think it would be cool to have a Prayer Request topic for the board?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do u think it would be cool to have a Prayer Request topic for the board?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No

I said yes b/c i do believe in prayer and it's powers even though i've never considered myself an overly religious person..personally I think it's something good to add to the forum and on that note AJ sorry to hear about your dog, it can be tough watching animals get sick b/c it's like they're so helpless, esp. when they're more like a member of the family... i hope your dog gets better

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definately think this shouldn't be a problem, b/c even if ppl don't believe in prayer, they can easily be mature and just avoid the thread...

As for my personal beliefs, I voted "maybe." I'm kind of a confused person religously, you might say... I have alot of questions and thoughts and so on (but then again most ppl do). I'm actually a practicing Catholic-- a lector at my church, no less-- and I do believe in God, but I'm not sure about the validity of prayer in the sense of asking for things. I pray, but more as a state of reflection and contemplation.. sometimes I throw a request up to God just to see if it sticks lol but theologically and philosophically, I'm not sure I see the sense in it/agree with the possibility of it...

The point is, I have no problem with this concept-- I have some things that I definately could use some "prayer power" with-- and AJ, I'll toss up some thoughts and prayers for your situation. Sorry to hear about that...

Edited by scyhigh99

i agree with Scy. i'm kinda the same way. been raised a Christian but i've never embraced it and never have felt the need 2. i don't feel like i need religion in my life so i'm kinda just hangin tight right now. i don't pray that often cuz i dont feel the need 2. i don't think this thread will be a problem tho, but u probably wont see me in it that much. i feel bad asking requests of people and dwelling on the negatives of life, but it's all good!

I'm not religious at all, kinda like a free spirit, but this thread is no problem to me, go on express yourselves how you want ......

I think it's a great idea too, prayer is a part of my life that I do everyday even though I don't consider myself overreligious.

I'm kinda excited about this topic. I think every single person on this board has a very mature outlook on the topic reguardless of their spiritual believes and background. It looks like the results are in favor the topic. I think it would be a great way 2 support other people on this board and even contribute 2 a bad situation turning around 4 good.

While we are on the topic, let me tell u something that made my night. After working a very long shift 2day, i came home 2 an amazing surprise. After stressing, being upset, and holding back tears all day, i came back home, opened the door, and my dog waz there standing and wagging his tail. He hasn't done that in 3 or 4 days. I ran up 2 him and got down on my knees, he then threw his paws up at me and sat up. He's moving around just a lil' slow, but he looks amazing. He seems 90% better. I almost cryed i waz so happy. He's eating better and everything. It feels like 100 tons of stress have been lifted on my heart. Maybe he waz just sick and is now better...and maybe he waz really doing back and Someone turned the situation around. I don't know, but i feel so much better. Thanks for all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers. I have a feeling he's over this...which makes my life a million times easier 2 live.

I'm a Pentecost but I don't practice. I not a very religious person I don't believe in organized religion. But that doesn't mean I don't believe. I'm more spiritual. I do believe that their is a higher power. Well personaly I'm ok wit it as long nobody trys to convert me :haha: N if I got a problem wit what sum of ya'll r sayin I can always go 2 a different topic. :smart: No biggie 4 me.

Edited by Angel Amor

Sounds good to me. I pray a lot. I need it. I'm having a dog situation as well, but it's not the same. My dogs can be best friends for months and months. Then in the blink of an eye, I'm tearing them off each other and I've got dog blood on my arms and hands. Prayed for your dog too AJ.

God Blessa!

looks like our prayers did some good.

Aj is your dog on medication or anything at the moment, if he isnt there is a lot that can be done.

Did u say that your family was away as well, i know it sounds silly but he might have just been missing them, dogs are like that. There could be loads of reasons he was a bit dull, so if u are worried just give your vets a ring.

anyway back on the subject, as a kid i was sent to sunday school and church which is actually kinda rare for a british kid coz americans are more religious than us. I stopped going when i grew up and didnt really pay much attention to religion but recently while going thru bad times i found it again.