JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Beasite Boys

Hell no, they are the coolest white rappers of all time, Eminem will never get to their level! :thumb: Ultimately though, they're more talented than a lot of rappers all time(white or black).

I waz never a big fan of theirs but they definitly have some good trax. I didn't like the mid-90's stuff where they got deep in a alternative and rock music...BUT I LOVE THEIR NEW SONG.

Their music isn't 4 everyone. Like Macy Gray...some people say she's dope and some people say she dosen't deserve a record deal. Not everybody is gonna like ANY artist. The bottom line is, they are definitly stirring up the Hip-Hop scene. Compared 2 most of the people getting airplay, the Beatie Boys are kicking butt...if they can take one play away from the average wack Ludacris or Eminem song, more power 2 them.

The Beastie Boys are one of the pioneers of hip-hop. They have maintained longevity by always experimenting with their music while remaining true to the hip-hop culture.

I'm with AJ - I'm really feeling their new song. Their first CD is a hip-hop classic and my all-time favorite Beastie Boys song is "Sabotage". The song and the video was just sick.

theres a lotta love here for their new song...again, i understand that they are pioneers..but cmon..'che-che-che-che-check it out...wh-wh-wh-whwhats it all about" and then something about turning a party out? first of all, either write a whole lyric, or dont bother writing a song..if you cant finish a sentence, don't make the words "check" and "what" go on for ever. and also-theyre not 20 anymore. good groups and artists grow and experiment. mor eparty songs about a couple of guys clearly just in it for the money wont cut it w me. but to each their own i guess

The Beastie Boys have experemented in their music. I'm not a big fan of theirs and i even know that. This new track just seems like a return 2 what got them on the map. I'm so happy a track like this is getting play...cuz it's the "regulars" on the radio that aren't doing anything original or experimental in their music. This puts a shot in the arm of all those wack, non-creative losers in the top 10 right now. I agree with Tim on the "sometimes simple is better" comment. Maybe the reason u don't like the song is simply cuz u don't understand it.

• Admin
check out this just blaze remix of the new beasties single :bowdown: :bowdown:

[url="http://www.auburn.edu/~odenwph/01-beastie_boys-check_it_out_(blaze_rmx)-xxl.mp3"]http://www.auburn.edu/~odenwph/01-beastie_...ze_rmx)-xxl.mp3[/url]

Yeah, heard their new single yesterday and I really enjoy it.... something really cool in dis mtv world. In my eyes itz da first good rap video 4 month... yearz... I don't know. Old school like and perfect 4 a party.... che che check it out :dj:

• Admin
[quote=Daedalus Mortality,May 31 2004, 03:58 AM]They didnt advance at all, they have ben the same for ages[/quote]
what the hell? every one of their albums has been new and different..but theyve always maintained the ol skool rap feel which is where they began

• Members
[quote]what the hell? every one of their albums has been new and different..but theyve always maintained the ol skool rap feel which is where they began[/quote]
You can do that in an advanced way, they rap in precicely the same way they did before, theire lyrics sound like they didnt rap for that long yet. When will people undertand that you shouldnt try to sound like it is 1989 you should sound like it is NOW, doing songs that sound old skool is mainly just being backward. There are verry few rappers that really sound timeless. Some of FP's story raps could have been writen now, but alot couldnt (and the flow ofcourse not at all) bcouse Will has learned since then and advanced in rhyming. and that goes for the enitre scene, if you compare them Eminem's Raps are better then Rakim's (in his prime) but that is just bcouse Eminem learned from Rakim. Rakim is still a better MC then Eminem but that is becouse you compare rappers to what else is out then.
... Hope you got what I ment :P

:werd: @ Daedalus Mortality Edited by Daedalus Mortality