JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willennium VS Lost & Found

Which one is better?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• Willennium
    • Lost & Found

i voted Lost & Found. here's my reasoning: the best tracks on L&F are slightly better than the best tracks of Willennium. the weak tracks arent as weak on Lost & Found as on Willennium. overall, both albums are strong, but lost & Found just has a lil more behind it

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I can decide, L&F was the only album I've been 'around' for so I'm much more familiar with it. However, Willenium has loads more Jeff on it and it's the most similar thing we've had to JJFP since code red in 93 so in that sense it's very special, undecided...

• Members

this is sooooooooo tough becuz..they are both will doin an amazing job..lost and found defintly has will displaying a much better flow and he expresses himself more ..so its more real talk from that perscpective..BUT! willenium has song that jus touch the soul..like the rain,afro angel and no more...like i listen to those tracks each about 20 when i listen to this cd so its really hard..but skill wise id have to say L&F

peace&luv

I think Willennium is the best solo album. Here's how a break it down...the positives and negatives.

LOST + FOUND

This album finds him lyrically honest and his flow is alot more focused. He's putting his all in2 it. However, is it always a good thing that he's really going 4 it? I actually like the way that on his other albums, u can tell it all came 2 him so easily. The production is good on every track of the album. However, it's not amazing. While some beats are slightly better than others, none of them really jump out at u. The sound of the album is consitant, which is good.

WILLENNIUM

The weak points of Willennium are "Wild Wild West"'s presence on it. A few of the trax like "Freakin' It" and "Da Butta" have sub-standard production. The cameos on the album are a bit overdone as well. Overall tho', the production is dope. I'm Comin,' Afro Angel, Potnas, The Rain, No More...those trax are some of the best produced Hip-Hop songs of all time. The production on Lost + Found simply can't touch tho's trax i just mentioned. FP is at home on this album in every way. Jazzy Jeff and A Touch of Jazz is all over it. It doesn't get much better than that. Not 2 mention the majority of the album being JJ+FP.

To me, Willennium is easily the best solo album. I'd love 2 see the next album being a mixure of the 2 albums tho.'

I think the reason Lost + Found has so many votes without people saying why is cuz they are lurkers from the WS message board. In other words, they like what his "hot" reguardless if it's good. On top of that, those kinda people probably don't even have Willennium. Their attention span is about as long as "1,000 Kisses" waz gettin' video play on TV.

I can't vote... In my opinion they are on the same level. I adore Lost and found for what it means for Fresh Prince, It's like homebase but in 2005! Ok,there's no summertime on it, but L+F is his return from an album which sold nothin...and lyrically is very strong!! Willennium is pure hip hop.. Some beats are incredible, I love tracks like Will 2k, potnas :scared07: , Afro angel, No more, Uhhh... and There are so fresh and pump me up too!!! Imagine lost and found with a track like pump me up... and imagine Willennium with a track like Tell me why or Loretta... they would be more than perfect!!

SO:

Lost and found for the Lyrics

Willennium for the beats

I think the reason Lost + Found has so many votes without people saying why is cuz they are lurkers from the WS message board.  In other words, they like what his "hot" reguardless if it's good.  On top of that, those kinda people probably don't even have Willennium.  Their attention span is about as long as "1,000 Kisses" waz gettin' video play on TV.

HAHA yeh, Willenuim is my fav just because Jazzy Jeff is all over it, the same reason as AJ, but i also like the topics he talks about "Potna" great subject, my friend who likes eminem, dr dre, 50 cent etc...i let him borrow my Willenuim album and he loved it..he was astonished by a "Will Smith" Album, he knew he had albums but he just thought that he was whack because he didnt cuss. To me, him not cussing in his albums is which makes his albums....how hard can it be for the next artist to go 8-9 albums without cussing, apart from the bleep in "Tell me Why" and "You Saw My Blinker" but bitch isnt really a cuss word isit if your not referring to women....

I voted for Lost & Found because it is more versatile than Willenium. If you see it from a lyrical point of view! Furthermore i feel this album because it is not the usual Will Smith thing(e.g. topics, production). Willenium was really good but it doesn't come close to this on!

I had to go with Willenium! Trax like Potnas are really strong and its a track were i can find my own thoughts. The Rain and So Fresh, Pump Me Up (a lot of oldskoolers worked on that track).

Party Tracks like Will2k and Freakin It. Afro Angel one of the best tracks on that record.

And Uuhhh just rips it off!

A pure JJFP record.

A lot of beats on l&f are messed up but lyrically stronger than ever.

And too less Jazzy Jeff. There are not enough type of songs i could constantly listen to like Potnas or The Rain.

JJFP Rock The House

argh its so difficult to choose. Its as hard as saying which one of your children can live and which can die!

I went with willenium but i still dont know if that was the right decision. There are more tracks i like on lost and found overall but willenium has some of my favourite Will/jjfp tracks of all time on there. I dunno i love them both equally but differently.

This is so hard that i havent even chosen yet! Firstly, i'd like to say that the inclusion of WWW on Willennium i consider a good thing, i love it!

Anywayz, L+F is simply fantastic, i was blown away when i first heard it and i love the fact that i can listen to it all the way through without skipping any, which i can't do on Willennium; tracks like La Fiesta and Da Butta i just seem to listen to about a minute of before i wanna skip. HOWEVER, tracks like Potnas, The Rain, So Fresh and Afro Angel more than make up for that, they're just amazng.

Then there's tracks like I Wish I Made That/Swagga, Tell Me Why etc on L+F that i love, so i really can't choose...one minute i think L+F and the next i think Willennium.......ooooh decisions decisions! :wait:

Sure the production on "Lost and Found" is not as dope as it was on "Willenium" but I'd say that "Lost and Found" is his most personal album he's ever made, "Tell Me Why" nearly made me wanna cry the 1st time I heard it, he's also as aggressive on the mic with his lyricism as he was when he came out and for that I'd say that's why it's his best album since "Big Willie Style" and possibly the best album released in hip-hop this decade.

Edited by bigted