Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willennium VS Lost & Found

Which one is better?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• Willennium
    • Lost & Found

Sup guys,

I know a lot of peeps on this board love "Willennium"! But now that "Lost & Found" is out, people be saying that this is his best album! So what do you think? Let's brake it down here!

"Willennium" is a GREAT album! It could have been a classic in my eyes if he didn't have "Wild Wild West" and "Freakin'It" on it! Put "Holla Back" on there and you have a classic cd! Songs like "So Fresh", "Potnas", "The Rain", "Uuuhh" are amongst his best tracks EVER! Even the "not so good" songs like "La Fiesta" and "Da Butta" are dope! The production from Jazzy on almost every track is a JJFP fan wet dream! :kool:

Now "Lost & Found" is his latest and in my eyes, more hip hop orientated album! No Latin songs like "La Fiesta" or " I Can't Stop"! His talking about stuff he never talked about before: his "beef" with Eminem, his opions about todays state of Hip Hop, his ex-wife, his fans..HIS LIFE! The first single was his best single ever (If you don't count "Summertime")! Now if only Jazzy produced more tracks or was futured on more tracks!

I have to go with "Lost & Found" being his best album! I really love "Willennium", one of the best hip hop album of the 90's, but his new one is just a lil better!

What do y'all think?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF will had a few more songs on "Lost and Found" i know theres enough, but if he put "Chosen One" on there...and some songs that he did with Kayne west...but i still have to go for "Willenuim" just because it is one tyte album, no problems with it all...and as im saying "Willenuim" is the best album he's done but im listening 2 "Lost and Found" right now!! haha

I would say Lost and Found, he covers more topics, but Willenium was a great album as well.

• Members

Willennium. The album is extremely great. Especially I remember when I first purchased the album and listened to 'I'm Coming', DAMN it just blew me away. That was the best track in the album and it just gave me chills. But in Lost and Found, even though the lyrics are great, no track had the same effect like "I'm Coming". The beats in Willennium are excellent. :wiggle:

This is one of the toughest polls to date.

Willenium was my fave solo album, but Lost & Found is way up there to now. I think as far as quality goes Lost & Found maybe better. But as it still is early days really i may rank Willenium higher. So for now its Willenium but they are on such a level par its hard to be sure.

• Members

Have to go with Lost & Found, Willenium was also a great album, but on L&F he covers more topics, it's a totally different side of Will that we had never seen before. And on Willenium there were a couple of tracks that I didn't like while on L&F I like every track. Although I have to agree that I'm coming is much better I think than here he comes. But that's my opinion, Here he comes is also great but I don't know I'm coming has something more to me.

Willennium. The album is extremely great. Especially I remember when I first purchased the album and listened to 'I'm Coming', DAMN it just blew me away. That was the best track in the album and it just gave me chills. But in Lost and Found, even though the lyrics are great, no track had the same effect like "I'm Coming". The beats in Willennium are excellent. :wiggle:

I don't know... As incredible as I'm Comin' is, the title track off of Born to Reign certainly gave me more chills... shoot, it still gives me chills, but I wouldn't dare say Born to Reign was the better album.

For Lost and Found... Tell Me Why, Loretta, and Ms. Holy Roller may not exactly give people chills, but they certainly force people to sit back and think, and think hard. I think that's the most powerful thing music can do, make you really think about the message and topics addressed. Willenium gives you that, but Lost and Found gives you so much more.

I think we have to take the full body of both albums into consideration.

Willenium is a great album for Will Smith fans and those who appreciate true hip hop.

Lost and Found is a great album for hip hop in general because it addresses issues that rappers and anyone who listens to hip hop need to acknowledge. It's hard to choose, because both albums are great, but I definitely have to give the nod to Lost and Found for what it means to hip hop. That's a role Willenium can't fill, a message for the times.

Edited by MaxFly

Voted on L&F, but it was a close one. Maybe next month i could be Willenium, but at the moment it is L&F that is my fav., one of the reasons L&F also has stronger lyrics! :kool:

My list

1 L&F

2 Willenium

3 BWS

4 BTR