JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

Willennium VS Lost & Found

Which one is better?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is better?

• Willennium
    • Lost & Found

If the voting kept going for another 10 years, i wonder which album would be in the lead. I still gotta go with Willennium. It's just classic JJ+FP. L+F is dope, but FP's attitude is slightly off making it an album for THE time... not for ALL time. The sound is dope and multi-flavored just like Willennium, but the beats on Willennium beat Lost + Found since JJ+ATOJ handled most of it. The quality is simply stronger.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Yeah I think the quality of beats can only be determined over a fair period of time.. I mean I loved Born 2 Reign on first listen.. but how does the album stand up after 1000 listens.. well willennium still sounds great(can't believe its been 8 years!) lost & found..will dominates lyrically which is still a stand out.. but the beats dont have that kick.. code red probably sounds the best 2 me.. its 14 years old..but the sound is so strong

Yeah I think the quality of beats can only be determined over a fair period of time.. I mean I loved Born 2 Reign on first listen.. but how does the album stand up after 1000 listens.. well willennium still sounds great(can't believe its been 8 years!) lost & found..will dominates lyrically which is still a stand out.. but the beats dont have that kick.. code red probably sounds the best 2 me.. its 14 years old..but the sound is so strong

yeah...

I like lost and found and it's great... but the beats of willennium are on another level and make it a classic.... exept for la fiesta that I hate, the whole album it's excellent.

I don't skip any song of L+F but the beats are not strong as Willennium.. and code red sounds great after 14 years. every time I listen to I Wanna Rock, I'm lookin, kickin it.. well they are songs that never get old!!!

Yeah, that's one thing that makes a classic album. The production, why in some ways will ultimately be dated at some point, should not sound like it came out of a time capsule 1 week later. The reason we can have a catorgy albums labeled "classic Hip-Hop" is becuz the sound stands the test of time. If it doesn't sound fresh, then the music itself is flawless. Tracks like Just Kickin' It, Somethin' Like Dis, Shadow Dreams sound just as fresh 2day as they did in 1993. But then u look at Homebase..."Summertime" is timeless, but alot of the rest of the album is totally 1991. However, when u hear trax like "This Boy Is Smooth," the music so brilliant that it doesn't matter if it sounds old. That's why so many still get down to classic Run-DMC, Sugarhill Gang, Kurtis Blow, LL Cool J, and Too Short songs. The music is good enough 2 stand the test of time.

Other than really disliking foolish people like Lil' Wayne, Hurrican Chris, Huey, etc...i feel bad for how they will be totally fogotten in upcoming years. People are gonna foget trash like "Aye Bay Bay." Even if Lil' Wayne is around for a few more years, his sound is gonna be so dated.

L+F definitly has a sound that will stand the test of time, but it's not nearly as good as Willennium. Willennium has alot more soul, alot more weight on it. Lyrically, both albums are classic Fresh Prince. Both albums have a wide span of topics. L+F has a bit more bite...Willennium has FP a lil' more comfortable. Both are dope albums but i don't think i'll like any album more than Willennium until one of the next album beats it.

Willenium is a great album, but L&F is way much better! L&F is lyricwise lightyears above Willenium and when it comes to production Willenium is a little better. What a lot of people forget is the impact this album made on the hip hop community! L&F even it sold just 700000 records reestablished Will's status as a hip hop legend.In 2005 Will was all in hip hop communities mouth...from rappers to media (allhiphop.com) to critics and fans or people in general (ama)!

i think that even though l&f had switch, that was its only real commercial standpoint. without switch that album could have done very poorly. i mean see how much party starter go played? i think l&f has a lot more skippable tracks then willennium.. willennium having la fiesta. but one thing that makes willennium better is that "Executively Produced by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince" on the cd and back cover

• Admin

I agree with Jin..Lost & Found made a huge impact..its still a great album! lrically Will killed it..creatively he was at his best! tracks like holy roller, swagga, i wish i made that, lost & found, tell me why..as for willennium I love tracks like potnas , no more, uhh &the rain.. the music is just far superior to anythin on lost n found which gets it over the edge

you know...i liked lost and found for the storytelling. i mean the track i play to my friends alot is "just one of those days"....so to hear will come back with ms. holly roller, scary story, if you can't dance (the storytelling verse)...it's enjoyable.

I LOVE the storytelling rap. I wish that was more prevalent in rap...even just fun storytelling.

just one of those days is definitely playing now.

and again.

and again. my friends love it...it's soo fluid and i know it has no purpose in this discussion but still haha

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Guest_Jin_*

i just want to defend Born To Reign. It's not his best one but it is still really good. It represents his sensitive side and shows his love for his family. Who says rap Always has to be hard?

99,9 % of the rap game!

• 3 weeks later...