JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

"Grown and Sexy"

bigted

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/050429/295254.html?.v=1

R&B's ''Legendary'' Keith Sweat Gears up for 20 City

''Summer Sweat Tour''

Friday April 29, 10:00 am ET

Multi-Platinum Recording Artist Keith Sweat Embarks on 20 City "Summer Sweat Tour" Featuring Electrifying Caribbean Music Group Elvis White & Special Guests!

ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 29, 2005-- JDP Productions announces the "Summer Sweat Tour" featuring R&B's multi-platinum selling "Legendary" Keith Sweat and introducing the most exciting new group out of the Caribbean, Elvis White!

The "Summer Sweat Tour" will commence in late June and will visit 20 cities across the US through mid-August. Headlined by Keith Sweat, the groundbreaking tour is the first of its kind to marry two different genres of music, offering Keith Sweat fans the opportunity to experience not only a concert, but an actual escape on a true musical journey.

Keith Sweat, whose hits include, "I Want Her," "Something Just Ain't Right," "Make It Last Forever," "Don't Stop Your Love," "Make You Sweat," and "Merry Go Round," to name a few, is slated to release his newest LP (tentatively titled) GROWN and SEXY, on Sanctuary Records this July.

The "Summer Sweat Tour" also features the most exciting new group out of the Caribbean since Kevin Lyttle (Turn Me On/Atlantic), Elvis White (www.elviswhite.com), who will have Keith Sweat fans winding, grooving and sweating to their electrifying fusion of R&B/Reggae/Pop and SOCA Funk! "I want my fans to come out and experience something that they have never experienced at a Keith Sweat concert before," says Sweat. "Elvis White is the hottest new band out of the Caribbean right now and I know they'll heat up my fans nicely. When I hit the stage with my new GROWN and SEXY show they'll really be ready to sweat!"

Elvis White will release their debut CD PROMISE on June 21, 2005 on Atlanta based 17.20 Records. Dates for the upcoming "Summer Sweat Tour" will be announced on May 2, 2005. For more information on the Keith Sweat "Summer Sweat Tour" please contact JDP Productions at (770) 789-5120.

I have followed Keith Sweat since the late 80's..and have all of his albums since the mid-90's. I can't wait 2 hear the new album. I gotta confess tho', i haven't listened 2 his albums in a big way since like 96/97.

He's caught in a weird place where he waz blazing hot but since times have changed, he's not gettin support from radio and TV. He's also would do some trax that were a stretch 4 him. Either way, he always pumps out quality. I can't wait 2 hear something new.

I've been listening to Keith Sweat since the mid-90s, he's one of my favorite r&b artists of all-time so I'm looking forward to this release, but I doubt it'll sell much since his popularity is gone now, he came out around the same time as JJFP did, and with "Lost and Found" struggling to go gold with FP being the most popular ol' school artist, that's not good news for Public Enemy and Keith Sweat when they release albums this summer.

Hey Joe you should check out his greatest hits album that he released last year if you wanna hear more from him, I only have a few of his albums but I'd say his self titled "Keith Sweat" is my favorite 'cause that was around the time I got into to him and it never gets old listening to. :2thumbs:

I planned on getting his Greatest Hits album...but never did. Since i own 5 of his other albums i wasn't in a rush 2 get one with music i already have. His self-titled album waz his "come back" album. He had done really well, but that 1996 album rejuvinated his career in a big way. Still In The Game waz real good and did decent. The next is where sales started 2 slip. It's a shame the way established artists like him who stay making quaity music start slipping in the marketing area. I picked up his Rebirth album which waz good i honestly never listen 2 it. After i get thru' with all my new music, i'll have 2 pop it in.