JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New album thoughts

Guest Prince

How do you think the new album will be when it drops?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think the new album will be when it drops?

• The best yet, a hip-hop classic
    • Tyte
    • Average
    • Some strong songs but some filler
    • Could be better
    • Poor

Guest Prince
How do you think this upcoming album will be? Vote now. Will it be like Willennium - a hip-hop classic... Or like Born to Reign, some strong songs but poorly received.

Honestly, I think it can either go one way or the other. If it's an old skool Hip-Hop classic album, (like Willennium) it won't sell with the media/won't produce many singles but will be recieved well with the true fans, and if it's an album that has party-pop type songs with new skool trax, (Big Willie Style) the opposite will happen.

I think it's safe 2 say most of us would go with the classic Hip-Hop album with great trax...but then it would the run the risk of not doing so well with singles/album success...i just hope we get a little bit of both.

I think this album will be one of his stronger ones. He's doing things on his own terms, he has no record label breathing down his back. He's creating the whole thing himself for himself. I think Will will be very comfortable on the album lyric and flow wise like with Born To Reign, but i think the sound will not be nearly as experimental. I think he waz trying new things, and while he'll continue 2 do so, i think he'll be going back home when it comes 2 the sound.

I think the album will be especially strong. Whether or not the flip-floppy pop music public will cop it is another question. Will said it himself, "It's a weird time in music." You have wack rappers(50, Nelly, Chingy, etc.) who are on top with ridiculous music that has no redeeming values whatsoever. We need music that uplifts and encourages and there's none of that in today's music for the most part.

I hope that when Will releases his album that it will blow up but I'm skeptical given the state of the world today. It seems that negativity is popular and there's no room for music that's positive.

:dunno:

• Admin
i think if will actually got a record deal..and the label released 3 singles/videos and promoted the album it would go double platinum easily... i dont think we can take born to reigns sales to seriously because of the way sony handled it..although it was still disappointing