JJFP reunite for 50 years of Hip Hop December 10 ×
Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince Forum

New album thoughts

Guest Prince

How do you think the new album will be when it drops?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think the new album will be when it drops?

• The best yet, a hip-hop classic
    • Tyte
    • Average
    • Some strong songs but some filler
    • Could be better
    • Poor

I think Will's songs will have a lot of meaning behind them and be very passionate about things going on right now. I also believe there will be some party tracks on it that will be having you shake you booty!! :peace:

• Admin
[quote=sexywshgirl,Mar 13 2004, 09:43 PM]I think Will's songs will have a lot of meaning behind them and be very passionate about things going on right now. I also believe there will be some party tracks on it that will be having you shake you booty!! :peace:[/quote]
sounds good 2 me..at this stage of wills life..well hes older :rofl: i think it would be a natural progression for wills songs to be more meaningful, serious and deep.. and im sure he'll have his standard party and chilled out traxcs..but im lookinf forward to the more deep traxs..like the rain!

yeah i think Will will have some more meaningfull tracks in it too, which is great coz i think a lot of rappers dont do that enough and the lyrics are so important.

I also hope that there are more party tracks than B2R and some feel good tunes. Hopefully he will coz his more sucessful tracks are party tracks.

• 2 weeks later...
People give Dr.Dre more respect than Will in the hip-hop game, but Dre hasn't released an album in 5 Years now! Will should take his time and start his own record label, 'cause he's rich enough! Do the damn thing, Will! He can make a classic album in his sleep. Holla! Edited by bigted

• Admin
[quote=bigted,Mar 24 2004, 07:23 AM]People give Dr.Dre more respect than Will in the hip-hop game, but Dre hasn't released an album in 5 Years now! Will should take his time and start his own record label, 'cause he's rich enough! Do the damn thing, Will! He can make a classic album in his sleep. Holla![/quote]
hey ted will did start his own label overbrook records..those signed to it were mc lyte/breeze/tra-knox/kel spencer... but the major problem overbrook had was distribution!! the only album that was ever released on overbrook was the wild wild west soundtrack.. all the other albums never came out through interscope... and then tra-knox signed to dreamworks and they still havent come out....

• Members
No! Its not better the more he pushes back... Come on Will! I can't wait much longer!
though I do hope it gets the hype... I suppose if he's still struggling to get a lable, then its worth it. Still! AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

I want to see another WillTV on MTV, like they did back in the heyday with Men in Black and Big Willlie Style. Oh, the good old days...

[quote=PTluv777,Mar 26 2004, 04:25 AM]I suppose if he's still struggling to get a lable, then its worth it.[/quote]
Will Smith dosen't "struggle" 2 find a label. That's as silly as saying Madonna is struggling 2 find a label. Will is huge, nearly anybody would be interested in him. Since Will said that he isn't releasing anything right now since he dosen't like the way the industry is, he clearly isn't pressured 2 find a label 2 put anything out. I'm sure Will is really picky about what label he's on (especially how Columbia treated him) so when he's ready 2 put the album out, he'll sign with a label.

Why did Will start Overbrook? Come on, you got Jeff & the crew holdin' down the ATOJ.

Anyway, I'm sure when the right time hits, the album will be worth the wait. Hopefully he doesn't release the album on the same day another artist releases their's.

I wonder if Will got any label offers ever since being released from Columbia in 1/03.

Overbrook and A Touch of Jazz are 2 different companies with 2 different visions. It's not like they are competing or anything. A Touch of Jazz is a music company created 2 ignore all commercial industry qualifications 2 just focus on music...all kinds of music with no limits. Overbrook was started 2 bring more positive things out (not your average garbage). Such as All of Us, the news show that focuses on only "good news," the Love & Basketball, and WWW soundtrack. Overbrook concentrates on all forms of entertainment AND artists who can do it all (act, sing, produce, etc).

JJ+FP have been artists 4ever, it waz time 4 them 2 branch out, take other people under their wing and show that they have business minds as well as creative minds.

• Members
Heh, I didn't mean 'struggle' in that sense, i meant he's having a hard time finding one he likes. :afro:
I still think it would be a pretty good marketing strategy to release it around the same time as I, Robot, even if there are no tracks dedicated to it. I just saw the preview yesterday and MAN it looks good.

[quote=JumpinJack AJ,Mar 26 2004, 02:07 PM]Overbrook and A Touch of Jazz are 2 different companies with 2 different visions. It's not like they are competing or anything. A Touch of Jazz is a music company created 2 ignore all commercial industry qualifications 2 just focus on music...all kinds of music with no limits. Overbrook was started 2 bring more positive things out (not your average garbage). Such as All of Us, the news show that focuses on only "good news," the Love & Basketball, and WWW soundtrack. Overbrook concentrates on all forms of entertainment AND artists who can do it all (act, sing, produce, etc).

JJ+FP have been artists 4ever, it waz time 4 them 2 branch out, take other people under their wing and show that they have business minds as well as creative minds.[/quote]
Ahhhh so thats why...thanks for that explanation AJ.

• 9 months later...